THE BROWNS BOARD

Justin Gilbert: Not Hurt and is Ready to Start

miktoxic

Seems like a class guy. In watching all of those vids, seems like we got some guys who can actually speak.

I think we have some sharp players and some good players. I am really looking forward to this season.

I actually have a hard time getting a read on him in an interview, almost like he's still a little uncomfortable with it, but you can tell he's getting more used to it. He uses a few catch phrases more than once like "making plays everyday," and in an earlier interview l lost count of how many times he said he was blessed to be here.

I personally like that somehow because l feel like l can trust it more when his personality comes out. His words mean more, if that makes any sense. His comment about returning a kickoff being like his mama's cooking, that's witty and personal! And he doesn't know all his teammates' names, that's honest. A more media savvy player wouldn't admit that.

Seems like a class guy. In watching all of those vids, seems like we got some guys who can actually speak.

I think we have some sharp players and some good players. I am really looking forward to this season.

Well said. Too many folks downplay the cerebral part of football, but my feeling has always been that a great PLAYER is a good/great athlete who is smart. I'm excited about this season too. The only downer is that all these great kids can't get the playing time I'd like to see them get, but that's not a bad problem, is it?

Mike

Great to read a positive thread. I loved this pick and have high hopes, hell, high expectations for our D.

I actually have a hard time getting a read on him in an interview, almost like he's still a little uncomfortable with it, but you can tell he's getting more used to it. He uses a few catch phrases more than once like "making plays everyday," and in an earlier interview l lost count of how many times he said he was blessed to be here.

First off, Justin has to be in running for starting bass in the Barbershop Quartet...

Second, was the "reporter" over Justin's left shoulder Gen. Stanley McChrystal (retired) in shades?

Yes, still not fully comfortable and goes to the cliche' well more than others, but seemed more relaxed than in his rookie mini interview.

ON the sports news, they said Gilbert says he is learning by watching

Joe Haden's every move.

Classy guy. In fact, all the draft picks are.

Archived