THE BROWNS BOARD

Why we will not get Boldin and KW II is probably gone

BelievelandBrown

"The words that I told you would go up in the draft room are up: smart, hardworking, competitive, and selfless," Mangini said. "And (we want) guys that football is really important to. That to me is what defines anybody who you bring in. George and I are very clear on that and he believes in the same things.

-Eric Mangini

Stallworthless is probably gone too, as well as Jamal Lewis's give me the ball to get my paycheck attitude.

BE is a free agent the next year, has a complex about being from michigan (given to him by our fans) and has significantly shown he cannot catch a clutch pass, or nearly any pass. dont be surprised if we unload him. Also, KW II's agent is a scum bag and is poisoning him. Donte will need to take a pay cut to stay a cleveland brown as well.

Our WR core is in shambles.

Theres no way we get boldin but i wouldnt bet on kw2 going anywhere he has a great work ethic that mangini should like however the contract could get in the way k2 only has a couple of years at best before his knee blows..

The contract isn't that bad, but he wants a new one. I agree on the knees, but every other teams knows that also.

Nobody turns over that much in one offseason! Winslow is a badass competitor, for one thing... and he absolutely loves football. Nobody would try to move Edwards off a shit year, we'd get screwed.

I'm getting the feeling we'll go with Lewis in a diminished role with Harrison getting a ton more snaps. I think on offense we'll look for a more physical center and another WR.

The focus of this offseason will be fielding a dominant defense.

I agree and that's why I think it is important for these guys to get creative and obtain more draft picks.

BE is a free agent the next year, has a complex about being from michigan (given to him by our fans) and has significantly shown he cannot catch a clutch pass, or nearly any pass. dont be surprised if we unload him. Also, KW II's agent is a scum bag and is poisoning him. Donte will need to take a pay cut to stay a cleveland brown as well.

Our WR core is in shambles.

Contract year, so Edwards will be super and will not be disruptive. Can anybody say Plaxico Burris.

"The words that I told you would go up in the draft room are up: smart, hardworking, competitive, and selfless," Mangini said. "And (we want) guys that football is really important to. That to me is what defines anybody who you bring in. George and I are very clear on that and he believes in the same things.

-Eric Mangini

Stallworthless is probably gone too, as well as Jamal Lewis's give me the ball to get my paycheck attitude.

Perhaps it's me, like I'm hard of reading of something, but I don't see any mention of Boldin or Winslow in this quote. Does anyone else??

did you not watch the video they wont trade him thats what im saying he will be in arizona for atleat 2 years why would they trade a pro bowl reciever regardless if he wants to be there or not they just went to the super bowl

Come on now. Just because they're saying they won't trade him doesn't mean, in reality, that they won't trade him. For all we know they're just trying to get the best offer they can.

r u kidding me he is a top 5 wide reciever and fitz is arguably the best they wont trade him ur kidding urself if u think they will. i mean it would just be stupid... anything they would get for him wouldnt be enough unless it was insane detriot got a 1 and a 3rd and a fifth for roy williams and he is no where near boldin so what would arizona want for him im mean just think about it for a minute

Perhaps it's me, like I'm hard of reading of something, but I don't see any mention of Boldin or Winslow in this quote. Does anyone else??

Boldin is not a 'team player' as Mangini envisions.... He wants out of AZ because he wasnt getting the ball enough. KW II is also out for number one, thats pretty apparent. He's a great athlete and says one thing but does another. His agent is poisoning his mind. There was no direct mention of either of them in the quote.

When someone comes out and flat out says they do not want to be on their team like Boldin has done, the Cards are likely to get rid of him to the highest bidder. Probably a high tier player and draft picks, none of which we have to spare. Especially at the cost of a potential headcase in the locker room. Mangini is huge on harmony in the locker room.

KW II is also out for number one, thats pretty apparent.

No, it isn't apparent. Wanting the ball and not caring if your team wins or loses are two different things.

r u kidding me he is a top 5 wide reciever and fitz is arguably the best they wont trade him ur kidding urself if u think they will. i mean it would just be stupid... anything they would get for him wouldnt be enough unless it was insane detriot got a 1 and a 3rd and a fifth for roy williams and he is no where near boldin so what would arizona want for him im mean just think about it for a minute

The Cards have Steve Breaston on the cheap. They also have to resign Warner and Dansby, and will need to extend Wilson and Dockett before they walk. As great as Boldin is (and he is great), the Cards don't need him nearly as much as they need to resign Dockett, Dansby, Wilson and Warner.

And don't base anything on the stupid Cowboys grossly overpaying for Williams.

Boldin is not a 'team player' as Mangini envisions.... He wants out of AZ because he wasnt getting the ball enough.

I dont know if he's a team player or not. I do know that his teammates seem to like him. And I'm pretty sure that he isnt upset with his number of touches. If I recall correctly, he led the league in catches per game (in the games he played in). He just wants to be paid.

Getting Bolin is a ridiculous if you really give it some consideration.. Warner and Boldin are tied at the hip.. Boldin is NOT a free agent.. We need picks...not giving more away..we need defense more than anything.. think about it... this makes no sense.. Moving KII for a 1st or 2nd is reasonable. we need picks and have tight ends.. KII is lucky to have a seaon or two left with his leg issues. The shoulder surgery is just a hit away. (or did he have it this offseason?)

Archived