THE BROWNS BOARD

Phil Jackson is scum

DTBH

BOSTON — The Lakers are spending their third consecutive night in Boston before heading over to Cleveland on Saturday, but Phil Jackson was already preparing — at least for purposes of public consumption — some notions when it comes to LeBron James.

Speaking about James’ home-court advantage with the fans (and then the referees) in Cleveland, Jackson said: “They all wear No. 23 and help him throw that (expletive) up in the air when he’s at the scorer’s desk. He gets away with murder, on top of it, on his home court.”

And I thought I should’ve made my needling of James’ icky chalk-dust tradition at the scorer’s table more light-hearted!

The Cavs are 23-0 and with No. 23’s help at Quicken Loans Arena this season. The Lakers had the game there in hand last season before blowing it down the stretch in an ending that in hindsight suggested they might lack the level of dominance on the road necessary for what they faced in Boston.

http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2009/02/...h-murder/11352/

I just think this is a load of garbage. LeBron gets more contact than anyone in the NBA outside of the mid-90's Shaq, and people still think he gets favorable treatment. No, in fact, he gets UNfavorable treatment. He should average 20 free throws a game as much contact as he gets. Like it or not, if the defender does NOT have their feet set and substantial contact happens, LeBron should be going to the line.

Players like Bryant and Wade play differently, they look for openings to get open shots and they use their talent to get around defenders. They do not use their strength to get open like LeBron, therefore have no where near as much contact and shouldn't have as many free throws. Yet they do.

And it all comes from Phil Jackson, the man who coached the man who had a whole set of rules named after him becaues he got so many bs calls. The Jordan Rules.

Part of me thinks he's just posturing the referees for the game tomorrow. I hope so, because he's immensely wrong.

Guest ATENEARS

I agree ... Lebron gets whacked a lot, and gets defenders back peddling, hanging-on, reaching and swatting ... and only gets a fraction of the calls. What Lebron needs to do though is stop whining so damn much.

I've never liked Phil Jackson ... he's a dickhead and a benefitter of coaching loaded teams with the top stars.

Todays game against the lakers was interesting that they let so much go, but soon as the second half got under-way they reverted back to tickky-tack fouls. There has got to be some consistency. It's gotta be like baseball, where you figure out what is being called that night and adjust to it, but the NBA is not consistent.

These NBA Refs are working 5 games per week ... that is too much and I hope they get their request to cut them down to 3 games per week.

Guest ATENEARS

I'm also surprised that they allow Lebron to throw that talc powder in the air. I sure as hell wouldn't want to own court-side seats in that area ... that shit has gotta be bad to breath in, he will probably end up paying some poor bastards medical bills down the line, from 'white-lung'.

I was reminded today how much I used to love Kobe before LeBron came into my life. And he's definately grown into a professional, likeable, respectable guy. He's had gutsy performances his last two games against the Cavs, one with a dislocated finger and then today wit the flu.

It's just that...LeBron is barely 24 years old and you can already make a case that he has revolutionized the game by being versatile enough to play all 5 positions from time to time and also being arguably the most freakish athelete the NBA has ever seen. He sort of crushes any infatuation you may have with other players when you see him dominate the game on a nightly basis.

And I resent anyone saying LeBron gets favorable treatment and ticky tack fouls. Sure, he'll get one from time to time. He also gets more contact than anyone in the league pound for pound and gets screwed out of more free throws than he gets handed to him.

I think the Lakers are the best team in the NBA if they can keep focused on the defensive end. They've got more talent than any other team, and as Jeff Van Gundy said today, they have multi-talented players.

We've had our discussions around here about Z, I know some others think he's great. Pau Gasol made him look soft today. When Pau Gasol makes you look soft, you should have to wear a skirt in public for a week. People tend to notice the 18 footers more than the defense, rebounding, or boxing out I realize. But Z is a major liability. I said this once and I'll say it again...as long as Z is on the team, their chances for a championship are significantly decreased. They'll have to go through either Duncan, Gasol/Bynum, Garnett, or Howard.

Archived