THE BROWNS BOARD

Anybody know the name of...

Legacy Fan

You mean he did it without a gun? Weird

Are you suggesting that he shouldn't have used a gun had be been carrying that instead? (I'm praising his action, not his tool - I know it's tough for you to separate the two).

It's illegal in NY to carry pepper spray.

It was Massachusetts. You need a Firearms ID card (and/or License to carry Firearms card) to carry pepper spray. It requires the same background checks, etc as a hand gun.

Rationale? Ha. For the children I guess.

The same rationale for limiting magazines to 10 rounds (Eliot Rogers had 40 10rd mags). Same rationale for banning a muzzle brake (5.56 recoils about as much as a 410 shotgun). Same Rationale for banning a collapsible stock (changing the overall rifle length by 6 inches).

Ignorance. Stupidity. Or something far more sinister.

Pepper spray doesn't have the same capacity to harm as a gun. It can't be fatal (minus an allergic reaction or something). I wouldn't consider those two the same at all.

Maybe not pepper spray but peppers can be deadly

Pepper spray doesn't have the same capacity to harm as a gun. It can't be fatal (minus an allergic reaction or something). I wouldn't consider those two the same at all.

You're preaching to the choir. Can you appreciate the complete ignorance of our lawmakers yet?

For my part I think banning any specific type of gun is pointless. A gun is a gun. Make them harder to get in general. Sure. Use smart technology, absolutely. But ban clips? Why bother?

The better solution might be to attack the availability of ammo over guns

That's just dumb.

Then you end up with a black market on ammo.

See, if you KNEW WHAT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT,

which you don't... you'd know that centerfire and shotgun cartridges

can be reloaded. That market would hit the roof.

Which will supply the criminals, by criminals, no problem at all.

I guess, more unarmed decent Americans will be victims

of more violent crimes, that would make you antigun nitwits happy.

Y'all don't give a frack about the murders. All you care about is a win

over people who live differently than you, especially when you deem them

the other political party.... Like all the lib wailing over

our soldiers killed in skirmishes overseas... as soon as their dem idiot

got elected... silence.

So how many reloading tools are already out there vs guns? I'm sure anything would drive you into a paranoid frenzy so I'm honestly not that concerned by hour thoughts on it cal.

I have 1 reloading kit and 2 guns

Woodpecker brain doesn't see the big picture. The bottom line is that the hero in this event did not lay back and wait for the authorities (govt) to come save everyone. He acted. He saved dozens of lives. Liberal weenies like woodpecker brain want everyone to depend on the government for protection.

My most significant beef with "anti-gunners" ....

is that there are about 7 million Americans diagnosed with

schizoprenia ...sp? so many of these murders are committed by

those on psycho-drugs. They hear weird voices, like there are

people inside of their brains, etc.

Yet, libs want to bitch about all the other mega-millions of Americans

who aren't the problem. Most of them will not discuss taking new

action on fixing the mental health problems in society.

Those mentally disabled people used to be housed in institutions.

Now, though, they are out in society, taking a myriad of different drugs.

I figure the fabled Boston Strangler was a schisoprenic. Hey....maybe that

explains Obamao....

See the discrepancy between their being "anti-gun" and reality?

It's all pseudo-outrage, pseudo-solutions disguising ulterior politically oriented motives,

I guess, to belong to the anti-status quo incrowd.

Shep used to be here often lamenting the ogre, the oppressive monster......"The Man". That rich,

society oppressing enemy type. Bush. Cheney. rich guys. The rich who were blah blah.

Odd, George Soros was a super leftie super rich guy. so is bill gates. and Al gore. and maurice strong.

And whatshisname of NY. But, rich was fine if they were those guys. But the evil Bushs? each one

is the scary "the man" - rich, and therefore being scary. Rich, meaning "bad", for political reasons.

Gun owner- bad, except it's those on psycho drugs that are usually the murderers.

Now, how is it, that being rich is bad when it's politically expedient?

How is it, that mmgw wonks won't bring up the destruction of the world's virgin rainforests?

Why, oh why, do anti-gunners want to penalize, control, persecute decent, healthy gun owners...

and you can't GET THEM to realize that mental disability is a common theme with violence ?

The common denominator, is that there isn't money for political causes to be gained

from the rain forest destruction, keeping guns away from the mentally disabled,

and no political benefit can he had for bashing lefty rich guys.

Ignorance? Failure to perceive valid solutions through lack of critical thinking?

Or just politically expediency explaining a whole lot of hyprocrisy?

I may be missing something, but the whole concept of filibustering just seems backwards. The idea that you can block a bill's passage just by talking for a long time? Surely you just have the debate, and once everyone's said everything they need to say you have the vote. If people start taking hours and hours to try to delay a vote, you put a time limit on what each person has to say.

Archived