THE BROWNS BOARD

CHP Holder engages Las Vegas Shooters

Legacy Fan

So he failed to stop the rampage and got himself killed in the process. It was a valiant try but not exactly a ringing endorsement for concealed carry people. Didnt seem like his situational awareness was where it should have been. I wish this story had ended differently.

To be honest, I would love to see a hunger games/battle royale (with cheese?) involving all of these psychos that want to go on a rampage. Of course, that involves identifying them ahead of time, so not going to happen.

So he failed to stop the rampage and got himself killed in the process. It was a valiant try but not exactly a ringing endorsement for concealed carry people. Didnt seem like his situational awareness was where it should have been. I wish this story had ended differently.

Read again, chum. He did stop the rampage. Walmart was the final stop on the tour. The only 2 deaths following the CHP holder's were the 2 shooters.

He engaged the husband, allowing Walmart patrons to flee to the rear of the store, the wife snuck up behind him and killed him.

I know the truth doesn't fit your pre-conceived view on guns and your ill-informed narrative that "good guys with guns don't stop bad guys with guns" but them's the breaks.

I just saw the name of the website. That might be the best one posted here yet.

It would be if it was the only source reporting the incident. That site is an aggregator (look it up). He links to local news channels in every post.

The site is doing exactly what the MSM would be doing had the rampage actually continued.

Ugh, why do I bother? You're slightly more rational than cal but when it comes to this subject you're blind as a bat. What do you expect an article from "gunssavelives" to say? Check five sources and I bet 4 of them don't give this dead man the credit for stopping a shooting in which

A. He got himself killed and

B. The perpetrators killed themselves.

It would be if it was the only source reporting the incident. That site is an aggregator (look it up). He links to local news channels in every post.

The site is doing exactly what the MSM would be doing had the rampage actually continued.

I'm not saying th general facts of the story are false on that site, I just love the name

aggregator
Digital Technology. a Web-based or installed application that aggregatesrelated, frequently updated content from various Internet sources andconsolidates it in one place for viewing:
an automated news aggregator.

Holy fuck, Kids Table. It's like training a dog with you. At least dog will eventually serve a purpose.

gunssavelives links immediately in the opening paragraph : Las Vegas Review Journal

Here's CNN

"He was carrying a concealed weapon, and he immediately and heroically moved towards the position of Jerad Miller. Upon completing that action, he did not realize that Amanda Miller was with Jerad Miller," McMahill told reporters. He continued: "As soon as he began to confront Jerad Miller with his firearm, Amanda Miller removed her firearm and shot him one time in the ribs area where he immediately collapsed."

Wilcox, 31, "died attempting to protect others," Gillespie said.

Shoppers rushed toward the exit. Officers converged and exchanged fire with the couple, holding the Millers to the rear of the store.

and USA TODAY:

Police on Monday described Wilcox, 31, as "heroic" for trying to confront the shooters with his concealed handgun as they entered the store.

Wilcox, 31, "died attempting to protect others," Gillespie said.

Shoppers rushed toward the exit. Officers converged and exchanged fire with the couple, holding the Millers to the rear of the store.

Hey Kids Table - aren't you the one queefing in the other thread about mass shootings? Seems like Wilcox did what he could to prevent this. Cost him his life which is sad. I'm not sure your fists could have handled this one. It's about the self-less action. that's the gist. Same with the Seattle Pacific Univ. kid. Self-less act. Immediately responded instead of running. Chose a different tool, fortunately enjoyed a different outcome.

Not that i'd expect you to grasp subtle nuances beyond anything that didn't punch you in the face. I'll see if I can find some cartoons to post.

He saved lives in the process of engaging the killers. Killers occupied/ distracted by hero= time for people to escape.

Duh.

Hard to say without being there but very possible, and also possibly gave time for cops to secure the area. Still, case examples don't make for a strong argument for or against gun control laws because it doesn't say anything about nationwide trends or prevalence. Someone on the gun control side of things can just as easily post a case example where guns led to needless deaths. Firearms accidents, mass shootings, etc...

Read up some more on this. The USA Today article had an interesting bit of info:

"The couple then walked across the parking lot and into the Walmart. Jerad Miller fired one shot into the air and ordered everyone to leave, warning "this is a revolution" and police were on their way, McMahill said."

So sadly, Wilcox did not save any lives, as the perps had ordered the shoppers to leave the store and therefore did not appear to be motivated to kill any shoppers. Very tragic story.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/06/09/wilcox-vegas-shooting-hate/10261163/

Two Men Use Girl As Human Shield — Until Her Father Guns Them Down

Daily-Caller-158by27_174921.png

3 hours ago

View photo

chiappa-22-handgun-e1400785242101.jpg

Two Men Use Girl As Human Shield — Until Her Father Guns Them Down

A St. Louis couple is likely thankful to have guns in their home after they were forced to use them to defend their daughter against two men Monday night.

The men, one of whom had an extensive rap sheet, confronted the couples’ 17 year-old daughter after she stepped outside of the house to go to her car, reports the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Cortez McClinton, 33, and Terrell Johnson, 31, held a gun to the girl’s head and used her as a shield as they entered the family home, where a five-year old child was also present.

The girl’s father and mother witnessed the abduction, and both retrieved their guns. When McClinton and Johnson entered, the father fired several shots, hitting both men. The girl’s mother fired one shot but missed.

Johnson died at the scene. McClinton was wounded but was able to scramble off. He had his brother take him to the hospital.

In 2010, McClinton was charged with shooting another man. Charges were eventually dropped due to lack of witness participation. He also had drug possession and distribution charges against him.

McClinton is charged with second-degree murder, kidnapping, burglary, and criminal armed action and is being held on $1 million bond.

Archived