THE BROWNS BOARD

Isaiah Crowell

Vers

Hey.................we got Crowell as an undrafted free agent this year. I like this kid's ability. He has some strengths and weaknesses. He is an intriguing guy w/a huge upside. Here are some positives and negatives.

Positives:

--Was regarded as one of the top players in the country coming out of high school.

--Put up very good numbers as a freshman at Georgia.

--Has good size.

--Hits the hole hard.

--Shows explosiveness.

--Good game speed.

--Can be elusive or powerful, depending on the situation.

--Soft hands.

--Many consider him to be most talented back in entire draft.

Negatives:

--Failed a drug test at Georga.

--Charged w/2 counts of Felony Gun charges.

--Some questions about ability to play through injuries.

--Went undrafted despite talent.

Bottom Line:

I like this kid's ability. I think he already sat out some at OTA's. Unless it was a sever injury, he just made a huge mistake, especially considering his past. I am not sure that he will get a fair chance at competing for a roster spot since we have invested so much in Tate and West, but I think we might have a true diamond in the rough w/this guy. He could be another Adrain Foster, Terrell Davis, or Matt Forte. He has that kind of talent.

A lot to like and a lot to not like. I do agree the kid has the talent to be a very good player. I hope he works out and isn't like Gordon...the guy with $million talent and a 10 cent brain.

Hey.................we got Crowell as an undrafted free agent this year. I like this kid's ability. He has some strengths and weaknesses. He is an intriguing guy w/a huge upside. Here are some positives and negatives.

Positives:

--Was regarded as one of the top players in the country coming out of high school.

--Has good size.

--Hits the hole hard.

--Shows explosiveness.

--Good game speed.

--Soft hands.

Negatives:

Bottom Line:

I like this kid's ability. I think he already sat out some at OTA's. Unless it was a sever injury, he just made a huge mistake, especially considering his past. I am not sure that he will get a fair chance at competing for a roster spot since we have invested so much in Tate and West, but I think we might have a true diamond in the rough w/this guy. He could be another Adrain Foster, Terrell Davis, or Matt Forte. He has that kind of talent.

I think we need to give you a nickname: King of the Bullet Points. Its Ok, I kind of like it....but it does warrant the moniker.

I think we need to give you a nickname: King of the Bullet Points. Its Ok, I kind of like it....but it does warrant the moniker.

Something catchier like 'Bullet Point Bill' perhaps?

Positives:

--Has good size.

--Hits the hole hard.

--Shows explosiveness.

--Good game speed.

--Soft hands.

Negatives:

Bottom Line:

He was definitely worth a UDFA signing. Here's a really good report on Crowell...

http://rotobahn.com/scouting-report-isaiah-crowell-rb-alabama-state/

He's a nice guy to have for depth with Ben Tate's injury history.

i'm all about giving guys second chances.......

but does the risk equal the reward?

let's see if he even makes the team before we size him for the cinderella shoes.

Not a whole lot of risk with him being an UDFA. Unless you mean he somehow becomes friends with Josh Gordon.

Not a whole lot of risk with him being an UDFA. Unless you mean he somehow becomes friends with Josh Gordon.

just not understanding him even being brought in unless it's just to give the other guys more comp. i mean one of our biggest FA signings was at that position. one of key draft picks was at that position. and what the browns are dealing now with gordon leaves me scratching my head. i guess play like a brown does not equate to having high character.

You don't want him hanging around Gordon. Gordon will have him on the wrong path in no time.

A couple of things:

--He was NOT trafficking guns. He had a couple of guns. He had one in his car w/out a permit. All charges were dropped.

--I didn't need to cut and paste. I write like that at times to help w/organization.

--I don't see him a risk. He was undrafted. I did not put Cinderella slippers on him. I listed both positives and negatives. I brought him up because he is a guy w/a lot of talent that made some mistakes a few years ago. He is a guy to keep an eye on. Nothing more---nothing less.

A couple of things:

--He was NOT trafficking guns. He had a couple of guns. He had one in his car w/out a permit. All charges were dropped.

--I didn't need to cut and paste. I write like that at times to help w/organization.

--I don't see him a risk. He was undrafted. I did not put Cinderella slippers on him. I listed both positives and negatives. I brought him up because he is a guy w/a lot of talent that made some mistakes a few years ago. He is a guy to keep an eye on. Nothing more---nothing less.

How about we just call you "The Hyphenator". That has a nice, intimidating sound to it.

How about we just call you "The Hyphenator". That has a nice, intimidating sound to it.

LOL............I don't need a nickname and I certainly don't intend to intimidate anyone. I just like talking football.

Btw---Wadsworth is kind of a cool town. My daughter played in a couple of softball tournaments there. I also knew one of your former basketball coaches.

Good folk in Wadsworth.

A couple of things:

I thought the post was good. He has high upside if the character issues can be managed.

Archived