THE BROWNS BOARD

Brandon Weeden is “outstanding” and “great”

confucius once said the more one opens his mouth the better the chance his foot ends up there.

i can't believe you're still arguing the same thing. now you are just picking at a scab which will turn into a scar.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's see. Woody, a liberal, soccer loving, baseball hating, founding father disrespecting pussy doesn't like Jim Tressel. That seals the deal, Tressel is a god.

Ya see, I have no problem with Woody defending his Alma Mater. Problem is- his vaunted football team would usually be nowhere without some serious help from those guys from OHIO, starting with their most famous- Coach Saint Bo, from Barberton. Oh and a Heisman or two winner from the same state.

I got to tour MU last January visiting the Big House for the Winter Classic, and I've been to East Lansing down the road a bunch of times. Sorry Woody, I'll take the Spartans every time- and I hope they beat your sorry asses every year too.

We have Tressell- you have Appalachian State, and you ain't ever gonna live that one down- at least in Ohio.

So I'm still a dick if I went their for school?

I dunno, you seem like you might be a dick no matter where you went to school.

I

This is PRICELESS!!

Ya see, I have no problem with Woody defending his Alma Mater. Problem is- his vaunted football team would usually be nowhere without some serious help from those guys from OHIO, starting with their most famous- Coach Saint Bo, from Barberton. Oh and a Heisman or two winner from the same state.

I got to tour MU last January visiting the Big House for the Winter Classic, and I've been to East Lansing down the road a bunch of times. Sorry Woody, I'll take the Spartans every time- and I hope they beat your sorry asses every year too.

We have Tressell- you have Appalachian State, and you ain't ever gonna live that one down- at least in Ohio.

For like the millionth time, I'm not saying Michugan has more high school talent than Ohio. I'm not making any comments about the two states. I'm from Ohio. I like it there and I hope to work in NE Ohio soon.

In what regards do you take the Spartans? I've been on both campuses and theirs isn't even close to Ann Arbor.

Also, its not "MU". Michigan, U of M, Umich are all acceptable though

ok... We have Charles Woodson, the best helmet and the most wins... You have tatgate and Hayes punching a player...

pretty easy, huh?

And in NC for that matter. I have close friends who went or go to App state and to this day bring it up when they see me. I just remember around here it was like "this is the greatest upset potentially ever, but we can't show you" because it was first year that damn big ten network started.

ANYWAY, to get to this whole coaching thing. Tressell was a good coach but got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. I've never defended him cause he knew it was wrong. The big 12 guy said it best the other day though: the system is set up for cheating, it's just hoping you don't get caught. It's a dilemma of do you go along with the flow to win, or swim against the tide and be mediocre. Sure, there's a lot of stuff that's objectively worse but the NCAA is so stupid it hurts to think about. Didn't Tom Izzo have to self-report a few years ago because he served one too many hot dogs which broke the how much you can feed an athlete rule? It's honestly mind-blowing. So no, I don't have sympathy for Jim.

The funny part is Ohio State ended up after a rough couple years in a much better position with Urban Meyer. That guy knows how to play the damn system like a fiiddle and while unethical (subjective debate) gets guys in. Tressell always have good recruits obviously, but Urban is just better at it. He has no qualms hitting up guys who have committed to other schools, which as I understand is an unwritten rule but not illegal.

Meyer is a very good coach. The only negative things I've heard are pushing the "God wants you to be a Gator, son" angle and the amount of crime his players committed at UF under his watch. He definitely gets results though. I'm curious to see how long he's at OSU. Whether or not "health problems" caused by coeds move him out. But that's his thing, I don't care either way. If he sticks around for awhile though OSU will be in a very good position.

...that...

your words hurt, but I'll try to find a way to carry on

This started because of a comment I made regarding Tressel being the reason OSU got the sanctions it did. I was met with denial, the defense of him, hearing how everyone does it, hearing how Michigan sucks, etc etc etc. I wasn't ever trying to say anything about the SEC. It was brought up and I agree with the statements made. That doesn't change the fact Tressels legacy is tainted.

His OVERWHELMING legacy is beating the fucking hell out of Michigan just about every single time he went against him.

Anything else is just haterade.

For like the millionth time, I'm not saying Michugan has more high school talent than Ohio. I'm not making any comments about the two states. I'm from Ohio. I like it there and I hope to work in NE Ohio soon.

In what regards do you take the Spartans? I've been on both campuses and theirs isn't even close to Ann Arbor.

Also, its not "MU". Michigan, U of M, Umich are all acceptable though

ok... We have Charles Woodson, the best helmet and the most wins... You have tatgate and Hayes punching a player...

pretty easy, huh?

Best helmet? That god awful thing.

Look up any list of "Greatest Traditions in College Football" and guess what you will find (hint....ain't fucking Michigan they are spelling)

How did a Brandon weeden thread turn into a Jim tressel argument?

Browns Board, Baby... Browns Board...

Look up any list of "Greatest Traditions in College Football" and guess what you will find (hint....ain't fucking Michigan they are spelling)

so random internet lists work for you, but not for me, got it

ooohhh, the top tradition is the thing our band did first. Am I right?

so random internet lists work for you, but not for me, got it

I don't know about random internet lists. I know about good taste. The Michigan helmet is god awful ugly.

And Script Ohio is god awful wonderful.

I go by my eyes and ears.

And, yes, traditions are those things peripheral to the actual game I guess. They are what they are.

(and if I were you, I wouldn't buck traditions...its about all you have now)

The Michigan Band invented "script Ohio"???

I don't know about random internet lists. I know about good taste. The Michigan helmet is god awful ugly.

And Script Ohio is god awful wonderful.

I go by my eyes and ears.

And, yes, traditions are those things peripheral to the actual game I guess. They are what they are.

(and if I were you, I wouldn't buck traditions...its about all you have now)

your beliefs and actual facts seem to conflict a lot... You may want to work on tbat

when did I "buck" traditions?

your beliefs and actual facts seem to conflict a lot... You may want to work on tbat

when did I "buck" traditions?

You complained about a band performance being the top tradition. That sounded like bucking tradition to me.

And if I knew tbat was, I might work on it. Is it anything like t-ball?

The Michigan band did the first script Ohio in Columbus like 75 years ago. The OSU ban then started doing it like 3 years later.

Why? Not enough band members to spell "Michigan"? Or couldn't spell it? :)

Yup that Meeechegan helmet is the most Gawd-awful looking headgear in all of football, pro or college. I'd still give it my vote as ugliest ever if some team other that Meechigan was wearing it.

Yup that Meeechegan helmet is the most Gawd-awful looking headgear in all of football, pro or college. I'd still give it my vote as ugliest ever if some team other that Meechigan was wearing it.

I think there is some like D-1AA school that uses the same pattern, only the stripe are like orange..

You're a soccer fan, you should be used to it. Has anyone ever wondered why riots are an accepted part of soccer? Why the rules don't make sense? And why the refs have control of the game? And why soccer is widely accepted as the most corrupt sport in the world? Maybe the answer is in this post somewhere?

douche nozzle... Lol

I wouldn't say its an "accepted" part. And it isn't the only sport with riots related to it. Soccer is the mist popular sport in the world. The world including less well off countries with less security. Its easy to pick out what you deem the most negative aspects of a sport. Ex, baseball is also corrupt because everyone is juicing. Only difference though that's in the main league, not some random league in the middle east.

The rules don't make sense to you. They make perfect sense to me. The refs don't control the game.

FIFA is pretty shady though.

What does this have to do with our already off topic conversation again? Or is it just the usual "Rah Rah! Soccer is gay! 'Murica!" post.

douche nozzle... Lol

I wouldn't say its an "accepted" part. And it isn't the only sport with riots related to it. Soccer is the mist popular sport in the world. The world including less well off countries with less security. Its easy to pick out what you deem the most negative aspects of a sport. Ex, baseball is also corrupt because everyone is juicing. Only difference though that's in the main league, not some random league in the middle east.

The rules don't make sense to you. They make perfect sense to me. The refs don't control the game.

FIFA is pretty shady though.

What does this have to do with our already off topic conversation again? Or is it just the usual "Rah Rah! Soccer is gay! 'Murica!" post.

Well Woody, I am sorry that you have to carry the mantle as the Board's resident Soccer Fag and Michigan Dick.

I mean, do you want to go for the Trifecta and become a Steeler FRAK?

(I surely hope not as I would ask you to retain a certain measure of self respect).

Well Woody, I am sorry that you have to carry the mantle as the Board's resident Soccer Fag and Michigan Dick.

I mean, do you want to go for the Trifecta and become a Steeler FRAK?

(I surely hope not as I would ask you to retain a certain measure of self respect).

I'm not the only soccer fan on here...

Archived