THE BROWNS BOARD

The why about Obamao and regime demanding illegals come here

calfoxwc

Corrupt, no holds barred takeover of our government,

our electoral system,

pretty much all the money they can extort out of the rest of America.

Fixed. No need to thank me.

WSS

Well, no. Legal or not, you're not going vote for the party that wants you to be deported. My girlfriend is French - do you think she's going to be voting for UKIP, the party that would very much like to close the borders and see 'England for the English'?

Well, no. Legal or not, you're not going vote for the party that wants you to be deported. My girlfriend is French - do you think she's going to be voting for UKIP, the party that would very much like to close the borders and see 'England for the English'?

Well yes actually. I have no idea who this english party might be who hates all immigrants but I don't give a fuck. Reason being we don't have 1 here, or it least not 1 with any chance winning an election. I'm sure we have some crack pot parties over here american communist party american nazi party black separatist mexican separatist you name it but they aren't the mainstream.

Illegal immigration and immigration aren't the same thing even though the assholes on the left like to pretend it is.

I would hope that doesn't include you.

WSS

Well, NO.

How the heck can you say the republicans want to deport all legal immigrants?

Man, how bad IS the fog over there, if it's fogged up your brain, Chris?

You think free lawyers, coddling drug cartel members, condoning ILLEGAL activity,

giving them free phones, homes, medical care, citizenship over those who immigrated

LEGALLY, isn't part of the equation?...

That is what the point is about. The illegals are all dependent on liberal gov help,

little no education, many don't speak English.

If you're an immigrant, you're more likely to vote for the party that doesn't want you on the next plane back where you came from. That's all the numbers above say.

My wife is a citizen, but a naturalized citizen, an immigrant. You can still lose your citizenship and be deported if you commit a crime if you're a naturalized citizen.

but, the republicans don't want anybody to be a criminal.

The obamao marxist sumbeech dicktatorship wants them to be,

one way or another,

Okay, that made me laugh, too. B)

Well yes actually. I have no idea who this english party might be who hates all immigrants but I don't give a fuck. Reason being we don't have 1 here, or it least not 1 with any chance winning an election. I'm sure we have some crack pot parties over here american communist party american nazi party black separatist mexican separatist you name it but they aren't the mainstream.

Illegal immigration and immigration aren't the same thing even though the assholes on the left like to pretend it is.

I would hope that doesn't include you.

WSS

OK, maybe I'm a bit extreme with UKIP - who won a depressingly large amount of the votes in the recent local elections - but generally if you're an immigrant, legal or otherwise, you'll be more likely to support the party that looks more kindly on immigration, not one looking to tighten the borders.

I may have got that wrong, thinking the reps are less immigrant friendly than the dems (can't imagine how I got that idea)?

I think those who came into the USA under legal means are the same ones who hate seeing the lax attitude - blurred lines we now see as immigration.

so for you to lump them in with the illegals who obviously favor the current plan ( no legal consequences) is plain wrong.

OK, maybe I'm a bit extreme with UKIP - who won a depressingly large amount of the votes in the recent local elections - but generally if you're an immigrant, legal or otherwise, you'll be more likely to support the party that looks more kindly on immigration, not one looking to tighten the borders.

I may have got that wrong, thinking the reps are less immigrant friendly than the dems (can't imagine how I got that idea)?

Frankly because I think you are choosing tunnel vision. I don't think even die hard has ever said anything disparaging about legal immigrants to the US. I myself love immigrants and go out of my way, honestly, to shake someone's hand ask them where they're from and welcome them to the United States. I do, however, not like the idea of a porous border anymore then any other citizen of any other country.

I am totally behind a guest worker program and also recruiting the best and the brightest from around the world as we have done successfully for decades.

You may have noticed that whatever posts about criminals from other countries are specifically about illegals.

Unfortunately the left seems to have been successful in equating a desire for border security with xenophobia which is bullshit.

But when there is a lap dog press at the helm...

WSS

I think people who come here legally support stopping illegals. They did it the right way through visas, background checks, etc. Why should they want people who come illegally to get special treatment?

Generally I agree with you. Still keep in mind that those of us with roots in other countries probably aren't so much offended by illegals from what were once our homelands.

For instance in some of the Irish pubs I've played there have been a couple folks who had outstayed their visas and probably had no plans to return. All with a wink and a nod from the Irish American community.

I would bet in places that are bigger hotbeds of immigration, maybe Boston or New York, that would be even more common. Same with Cuban American citizens in Florida who wouldn't feel all that uncomfortable with some cousins who might not be on the up and up.

I'd support making immigration easier wild tightening up the security substantially. I can imagine how any right thinking citizen would oppose that. Eccept for the politicians...

WSS

I think people who come here legally support stopping illegals. They did it the right way through visas, background checks, etc. Why should they want people who come illegally to get special treatment?

Pretty much everybody who lives within the law supports stopping pretty much illegal anything (with a few notable exceptions). That's not the point.

Generally I agree with you. Still keep in mind that those of us with roots in other countries probably aren't so much offended by illegals from what were once our homelands.

For instance in some of the Irish pubs I've played there have been a couple folks who had outstayed their visas and probably had no plans to return. All with a wink and a nod from the Irish American community.

I would bet in places that are bigger hotbeds of immigration, maybe Boston or New York, that would be even more common. Same with Cuban American citizens in Florida who wouldn't feel all that uncomfortable with some cousins who might not be on the up and up.

I'd support making immigration easier wild tightening up the security substantially. I can imagine how any right thinking citizen would oppose that. Eccept for the politicians...

WSS

I agree regarding things looking much different when it's more personal, and with your general ending premise.

I know a few Mexicans (legal) who hate illegals. They give all there people a bad name through association. So I think that is the point. As far as Irish go, I doubt the Irish Illegals are vast in number like say, from Mexico and Central America. I lived in Manassas, Va. You would think you live next to the Mexican border there. As a matter of fact a lot of Northern VA is full of Mexican/Central American Illegals. 20 people to an apartment. Driving drunk with no license and killing innocent people. Unless you have lived in an area with a high level of illegals you wouldn't know the problems they cause.

I know a few Mexicans (legal) who hate illegals. They give all there people a bad name through association. So I think that is the point. As far as Irish go, I doubt the Irish Illegals are vast in number like say, from Mexico and Central America. I lived in Manassas, Va. You would think you live next to the Mexican border there. As a matter of fact a lot of Northern VA is full of Mexican/Central American Illegals. 20 people to an apartment. Driving drunk with no license and killing innocent people. Unless you have lived in an area with a high level of illegals you wouldn't know the problems they cause.

I live in London - you think there are no illegal immigrants here? But you're right, it's a bigger problem for you than us, there's no convenient MASSIVE BORDER with other countries that mean you can sneak in undetected.

However, I'm not talking about illegal immigration, nor are the numbers cal posted. I'm talking about legal immigrants generally being in favour of immigration, and by a long, long way I have seen this to be true.

And while we're at it, why are people thinking you need to reduce the levels of immigration?

I would assume that the EU has exacerbated the problem in many places where the standard of living and the benefits would be the a magnet for the poorer members.

WSS

This is the general point of UKIP - there's this idea that the entire population of Romania, Bulgaria, and the rest are going to up sticks and move in next door to Mr & Mrs Smith, 4,000 people to a house, all claiming benefits. It's not really the case, obviously.

This is the general point of UKIP - there's this idea that the entire population of Romania, Bulgaria, and the rest are going to up sticks and move in next door to Mr & Mrs Smith, 4,000 people to a house, all claiming benefits. It's not really the case, obviously.

Well destitute people tend to move to places where its not destitute.

If in fact the skids are greased I don't know why they wouldn't but if you say it doesn't happen you know better than I.

WSS

Well destitute people tend to move to places where its not destitute.

If in fact the skids are greased I don't know why they wouldn't but if you say it doesn't happen you know better than I.

WSS

There will always be some people looking for a cushy life, and sure, it's perhaps easier to get in the UK than Budapest. But studies have repeatedly shown that immigration is a benefit to a country, the vast majority of people moving to a new country are looking to be gainfully employed, average members of society, and there are some who will be well above average contributors to society.

Immigration isn't a thing to be feared. After all, people moving between cities/countries is basically how the world was built.

There will always be some people looking for a cushy life, and sure, it's perhaps easier to get in the UK than Budapest. But studies have repeatedly shown that immigration is a benefit to a country, the vast majority of people moving to a new country are looking to be gainfully employed, average members of society, and there are some who will be well above average contributors to society.

Immigration isn't a thing to be feared. After all, people moving between cities/countries is basically how the world was built.

no need to get defensive, I basically agree.

it just seemed as though you were saying that you don't have much influx from the poorer members of the EU.

WSS

no need to get defensive, I basically agree.

it just seemed as though you were saying that you don't have much influx from the poorer members of the EU.

WSS

We have enough, something like 15,000 from the newer, poorer members of the EU. But it's nothing that can't be handled, and it's certainly not like there's been an exodus from eastern europe to the promised land of the UK, as some anti-immigration types would have you believe.

I live in London - you think there are no illegal immigrants here? Chris

Sure. Tens of thousands walk across Britain's border every week.

Got it.

I live in London - you think there are no illegal immigrants here? Chris

Sure. Tens of thousands walk across Britain's border every week.

Got it.

Cal has got a real point here. Brian doesn't have the same degree of problem that America does.

Cal has got a real point here. Brian doesn't have the same degree of problem that America does.

I agree - and already said as much. But within the EU, border control is basically non-existent, when I drove from England through europe and back - 18 border crossings I think in total - I did not have my passport checked once.

Think of the EU as essentially the United States of America when it comes to land borders, and I think that's similar. Then, all you have to do is get in to eastern europe somehow and you're all set.

you drive from Britain ...to Europe. Chris got amphibious car? @@

I reckon that's why y'all drive on the wrong side of the road.....

Archived