THE BROWNS BOARD

RIP Chuck Noll

There is that possibility.

And to digress.....recall just a couple of weeks back that we again bemoaned the fact that we have not had a Triple Crown Winner in horse racing. And the question has been asked "how can we have had 3 Triple Crown winners in the 70s and none since"?

Some answer that question with this: steroids. Some claim those Triple Crown winners were all on steroids where most of their competition was not.....and that later, perhaps in the 80s, all the horses were on steroids and had an even playing field, and that later yet when steroid testing started, it again evened the playing field because no horse were on steroids.

I know on guy claimed that Secretariat....whose records in the KY Derby and the Belmont have never been beaten, was nothing but a steroid freak of a horse. Sad, but there could be some truth to that.

I never considered the idea of horses "juicing" back in the day, but that is a valid point Gip. Secretariat was phenominal in that era, especially when he dominated the Belmont and won by 30 lengths.

RIP to Chuck Noll.

The Steeler faithful are lucky that Joe Paterno turned down Rooney when the HC position became available, and hired Noll as the second choice.

I never considered the idea of horses "juicing" back in the day, but that is a valid point Gip. Secretariat was phenominal in that era, especially when he dominated the Belmont and won by 30 lengths.

RIP to Chuck Noll.

The Steeler faithful are lucky that Joe Paterno turned down Rooney when the HC position became available, and hired Noll as the second choice.

Yea, imagine, Joepa would have probably brought Jerry Sandusky with him.......or perhaps Sandusky would have replaced Paterno as PSU HC.

Archived