THE BROWNS BOARD

IRS scandal grows into fiasco of lies

calfoxwc

Now the obamao thugs are claiming that the IRS scandal emails, of

several people, have been "lost" because of a computer crash.

Apparently, they don't know how large networks work. That lie doesn't fly.

You couldn't have more dishonest if the KGB had taken over our gov.

IRS Has Lost More E-mails . . .
By Eliana Johnson
June 17, 2014 11:31 AM
Comments4718
Print Text
It’s not just Lois Lerner’s e-mails. The Internal Revenue Service says it can’t produce e-mails from six more employees involved in the targeting of conservative groups, according to two Republicans investigating the scandal.
The IRS recently informed Ways and Means chairman Dave Camp and subcommittee chairman Charles Boustany that computer crashes resulted in additional lost e-mails, including from Nikole Flax, the chief of staff to former IRS commissioner Steven Miller, who was fired in the wake of the targeting scandal.
The revelation about Lerner’s e-mails rekindled the targeting scandal and today’s news has further inflamed Republicans. Camp and Boustany are now demanding a special prosecutor to investigate “every angle” of the events that led to Lois Lerner’s revelation in May 2013 that the agency had used inappropriate criteria to review the applications for tax exemption.
The lawmakers expressed particular outrage that the agency has known since February that it would not be able to produce the e-mails requested by the committee yet did not apprise the committee of that fact, and they charged in a statement that the IRS is attempting to “cover up the fact that it convenient lost key documents in the investigation.”
If Lerner is the central figure in the scandal — Oversight Committee chairman Darrell Issa said Monday evening he believes she was the senior-most official involved — Flax may be an important auxiliary figure. E-mails produced in response to a Freedom of Information Act request from the group Judicial Watch show Flax giving the green light to Lerner’s request to meet with Department of Justice officials to explore the possibility of criminally prosecuting nonprofit groups — at the suggestion of Democratic senator Sheldon Whitehouse — for engaging in political activity after declaring on their application for nonprofit status that they had no plans to do so.
E-mails uncovered by the committee last week showed that, in preparation for her meeting with the Department of Justice, Lerner and one of her advisers transmitted 1.1 million pages of data on nonprofit groups, including confidential taxpayer information, to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, potentially in violation of federal law.

Yes. Like any corporation, you can delete an email from your computer,

but of course, it still exists on the network email server.

and, in sequential backup encrypted/packed files, probably several

copies so many weeks previous.

This obamao regime is corrupt like a runaway freight train is out of control.

Here's more of the whole stinking story:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/380599/real-story-irs-scandal-jonah-goldberg

Haven't read the story, but there's basically no way you lose all of anything in a large corporation because of computer crashing. You at the very minimum RAID everything to protect against it, and unless they were editing every single email that's been lost at the specific moment the computer crashed, corrupting the files, there's no way you'd lose anything.

Of course they have backups. I worked 65 hours one week, working

with the network admins, retrieving backup computer programs I wrote,

(that was over a hundred, some were huge), except the backups were

two days old, and some macro changes didn't get make the backup cycle.

That was fixed after that fiasco. One of their servers had been hacked, and was

being used to transfer hacking code around the world. When they tried to simply

shut it down inside the system, an invisible virus started wiping out the hard drive.

Luckily, they had isolated that server from the rest of the network. Had some experts

in from outside, too.

So, I had to go back and recode a lot of database systems I had written over the years,

over that 2 day lag.

That 2 day lag was changed to real time. A certain network admin assistant got fired.

As someone who deals with email for a large company for work, emails are stored on a server normally and not on a local PC. Most companies have standard retention policies for those emails(normally at most 2 months).

"Prior to the targeting controversy, the IRS did not keep records of or back up all emails. Rather, they relied on employees to archive them on their personal computers after they ran out of storage space in their Microsoft Outlook inboxes," http://www.accountingweb.com/article/camp-and-boustany-irs-lost-more-emails-just-lerner%E2%80%99s/223506

My company got rid of local archiving years ago, also my experience with Outlook is that at most an email will be kept for 30days after deletion on server.

You're fucking kidding? The IRS does not keep a central copy of all emails, both incoming and outgoing?

Jesus, idiots.

I once was on a client site, and forgot to 'begin tran' before changing the principal of every single trade in their database (I work in financial services), and so I changed all of their trades to having a €10m principal. They obviously had everything backed up to shit, and everything got fixed in half an hour. We all had a good laugh and I bought the first round.

Pitiful. After stonewalling for years, they say the hard drives were destroyed.

emails are saved on the server. These damn idiots need to fess up about

the corruption before it all gets out of control to whatever worst degree it

ends up being

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/irs-lois-lerner-emails-108044.html

Archived