THE BROWNS BOARD

Megyn Kelly grills Dick Cheney: 'History has proven that you got it wrong in Iraq'

If moderate Muslims are Trojan horses for terrorists, then gun advocates are accessory to murder. And the word is hijab, not hajib.

Do you know what a trojan horse is? Damn.That's a stupid thing to say. Go look up "trojan horse" in your browser.

Seriously.

Male terrorists have used the full covering to travel. But I was wrong, I should have

said "burka" (shows only the eyes, or not even the eyes), or "niqab" which shows pretty much only the eyes.

But, regarding the hijab....

1. wikipedia "Some scholars encourage covering the face, while some follow the opinion that it is only not obligatory to cover the face and the hands but mustahab (Highly recommended). Other scholars oppose face covering, particularly in the West, where the woman may draw more attention as a result. These garments are very different in cut from most of the traditional forms of ħijāb, and they are worn worldwide by Muslims."

About the trojan horse thing - from wikipedia:

"

• A man wanted on terrorism charges is believed to have dressed in a burqa, which covers the body and face entirely, in order to escape the police.[50]

For historical context, see the case of the Victorian travel writer Lady Florence Dixie, who claimed she was the victim of an assassination attempt near her home in England by foreign male terrorists dressed as veiled women."

Yemeni woman wearing the veil - "niqab"

220px-Muslim_woman_in_Yemen_cleared.jpg

If moderate Muslims are Trojan horses for terrorists, then gun advocates are accessory to murder. And the word is hijab, not hajib.

Do you know what a trojan horse is? Damn.That's a stupid thing to say. Go look up "trojan horse" in your browser.

Seriously.

Male terrorists have used the full covering to travel. But I was wrong, I should have

said "burka" (shows only the eyes, or not even the eyes), or "niqab" which shows pretty much only the eyes.

But, regarding the hijab....

1. wikipedia "Some scholars encourage covering the face, while some follow the opinion that it is only not obligatory to cover the face and the hands but mustahab (Highly recommended). Other scholars oppose face covering, particularly in the West, where the woman may draw more attention as a result. These garments are very different in cut from most of the traditional forms of ħijāb, and they are worn worldwide by Muslims."

About the trojan horse thing - from wikipedia:

"

• A man wanted on terrorism charges is believed to have dressed in a burqa, which covers the body and face entirely, in order to escape the police.[50]

For historical context, see the case of the Victorian travel writer Lady Florence Dixie, who claimed she was the victim of an assassination attempt near her home in England by foreign male terrorists dressed as veiled women."

Yemeni woman wearing the veil - "niqab"

220px-Muslim_woman_in_Yemen_cleared.jpg

I'm afraid it is you who are saying stupid things, but I get it can be confusing for the uninitiated, so let me clarify this for you. It might help to read the wiki article you posted more carefully:

wikipedia "Some scholars encourage covering the face, while some follow the opinion that it is only not obligatory to cover the face and the hands but mustahab (Highly recommended). Other scholars oppose face covering, particularly in the West, where the woman may draw more attention as a result. These garments are very different in cut from most of the traditional forms of ħijāb, and they are worn worldwide by Muslims.

As your source says, they are very different, hence why it is called Niqab, and not Hijab. Please don't try to school me about my own culture. You will lose.

Now let me explain logic to you once again. You said moderate Muslims, like it or not, are trojan horses for extremists. Ergo you've implied moderate Muslims make it easier for extremists to operate even if they don't intend to do so. By that same logic, gun advocates make it easier for the 8,775 of 14,000 murders that occur by gun to execute those murders. I know you'd like to choose what is logical and what is not based on your personal bias, but logic, like math, is absolute. You don't get to change the rules based on your personal bias.

No, you're being stupid. I am simply saying that moderate Muslims in particular, women

wearing the full covering clothes that show only the eyes, if at all, are the trojan horse

for extremists. In words you should understand, extremists/terrorists/thugs can use the

anonymity of the garb, to infiltrate where otherwise they could not. I posted a few occurences

references in my post.

And yes, you bitched that the hijab, whatever, shows the face, and I posted that scholars disagree on that.

your gun owner bitch was just emotional pouting, it has nothing to do with the subject at hand, which

is the trojan horse. I don't claim to be any expert. I simply said that the garb was used by extremists

to infiltrate by deceit. that's all. It's freakin true.

Stop being a freakin liberal, by claiming victimhood where there is none to be found. I was referring

to the nijab/burka whatever, that extremists could move about and travel in disguise, since the

full covering hides who they are, which most often than not, is male terrorists.

Here, I'll help you out:

Trojan Horse

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Trojan Horse
This article is about the mythological Trojan Horse. For other uses, see Trojan horse (disambiguation).

The Trojan Horse is a tale from the Trojan War about thesubterfuge that the Greeks used to enter the city of Troy and win the conflict. In the canonical version, after a fruitless 10-year siege, the Greeks constructed a huge wooden horse, and hid a select force of men inside. The Greeks pretended to sail away, and the Trojans pulled the horse into their city as a victory trophy. That night the Greek force crept out of the horse and opened the gates for the rest of the Greek army, which had sailed back under cover of night. The Greeks entered and destroyed the city of Troy, decisively ending the war

"since the full covering hides who they are, which most often than not, is male terrorists."

Most people wearing Burkas are male terrorists? Well fuck, the whole of London is going to explode in the next 5 minutes then.

Okay, Chris, I know woodypeckerhead is a stupid shit. But what

prompts you to lose the ability to comprehend what you read?

Or, the usual, take part of a sentence, so you can reinterpret it,

make a false point.

Here is what I said:

" that extremists could move about and travel in disguise, since the

full covering hides who they are, which most often than not, is male terrorists."

In other words, that most male extremists, wearing the full cover of women's clothes, are terrorists.

What is so tough about that? Nothing. Unless you're chris or woodypeckerhead.

No, you're being stupid. I am simply saying that moderate Muslims in particular, women

wearing the full covering clothes that show only the eyes, if at all, are the trojan horse

for extremists. In words you should understand, extremists/terrorists/thugs can use the

anonymity of the garb, to infiltrate where otherwise they could not. I posted a few occurences

references in my post.

And yes, you bitched that the hijab, whatever, shows the face, and I posted that scholars disagree on that.

your gun owner bitch was just emotional pouting, it has nothing to do with the subject at hand, which

is the trojan horse. I don't claim to be any expert. I simply said that the garb was used by extremists

to infiltrate by deceit. that's all. It's freakin true.

Stop being a freakin liberal, by claiming victimhood where there is none to be found. I was referring

to the nijab/burka whatever, that extremists could move about and travel in disguise, since the

full covering hides who they are, which most often than not, is male terrorists.

Here, I'll help you out:

Trojan Horse

Trojan Horse
This article is about the mythological Trojan Horse. For other uses, see Trojan horse (disambiguation).

The Trojan Horse is a tale from the Trojan War about thesubterfuge that the Greeks used to enter the city of Troy and win the conflict. In the canonical version, after a fruitless 10-year siege, the Greeks constructed a huge wooden horse, and hid a select force of men inside. The Greeks pretended to sail away, and the Trojans pulled the horse into their city as a victory trophy. That night the Greek force crept out of the horse and opened the gates for the rest of the Greek army, which had sailed back under cover of night. The Greeks entered and destroyed the city of Troy, decisively ending the war

OMG... deep breath. Reading comprehension 101. Let's break it down:

"Some scholars encourage covering the face, while some follow the opinion that it is only not obligatory to cover the face and the hands but mustahab (Highly recommended). Other scholars oppose face covering,"

This sentence says scholars disagree about whether Muslim women are obligated to cover the face and/or the hands. It says nothing about the definition of Hijab, a word you didn't even know how to spell until I corrected you, the definition of which am correcting you about.

"These garments are very different in cut from most of the traditional forms of ħijāb, and they are worn worldwide by Muslims."

Again, this sentence says that these garments, the garments that cover the face, are DIFFERENT than hijab. Therefore they are NOT hijab. It is called niqab, as you can read from the caption of the picture you posted.

And YES, we know that terrorists have used NIQAB and the BURKA to infiltrate and cause terror. I was not disagreeing about that. However, you'd have to be a dumb fucking terrorist to wear a HIJAB, revealing your face, if you were trying to sneak in somewhere unnoticed, because a man wearing a freaking hijab would be pretty damn conspicuous the same way a man wearing a skirt here is.

Now that we sorted that out, thank you for telling me what I already knew having minored in English about the tale of the Trojan Horse. It's not like it's been used to the point of cliche in American culture, but thank you, I feel more illuminated now. The fact remains that your linking moderate Muslims(who incidentally don't wear Niqab because Niqab and Burka wearing Muslims are conservatives) by saying they act as trojan horses for terrorists, is the same as me saying gun-advocates are accessory to murder because they encourage ease of access to firearms.

Not that I would like to argue your point for you, but if you had said conservative but non-violent Muslims, through their very traditional garb, have created circumstances where extremists could impersonate said conservatives to bring suicide vests into public spaces and detonate them, at least you'd have said something logically consistent that would be hard to argue against.

Everyone, please suppress your laughter at Cal accusing Chris of reading comprehension problems. Finally, remember Cal. We'll always have taxes. Also, I'm going to give you credit for saying "you're being stupid" instead of saying "you're stupid." That is a sign of progress in the label-using department.

Osiris - I would be very interested in a discussion on the topic of people wearing Burkas for passing through security checkpoints such as airports. Presumably the passport photo doesn't just show a burka and some eyes - by law in the UK you're required to show the whole face, no glasses even, so I assume it's the same in the states. But what about predominantly muslim countries, are women allowed to wear them in passport documentation, and allowed to travel without lifting their veil?

Osiris - I would be very interested in a discussion on the topic of people wearing Burkas for passing through security checkpoints such as airports. Presumably the passport photo doesn't just show a burka and some eyes - by law in the UK you're required to show the whole face, no glasses even, so I assume it's the same in the states. But what about predominantly muslim countries, are women allowed to wear them in passport documentation, and allowed to travel without lifting their veil?

In Muslim countries, there would always be a female officer/worker/whatever at a security check point specifically to pat down or use the detector on the women. For those wearing hijab, niqab, or burkas, they would be taken to a private booth where they can remove whatever clothes is covering their hair and face and then wear them again once they've been checked. As for passports, I believe at minimum the face must be revealed, and possibly hair as well.

Hey, at least I admitted I used the wrong word. Okay, I used "moderate Muslims" ...

but all I was trying to refer to, was non-extremist Muslims. What the heck is a

"conservative Muslim" ???

though, if you really knew male terrorists used the women's full covering to their advantage,

why didn't you just correct me with the proper word in the first place?

Instead, you emotionally vented about gun owners. I mean, seriously?

BTW, I'm retired now, but all through school, I read at least three grades ahead of my grade.

My reading comprehension was outstanding. It still is, though with 740 tomato plants, vacation planning,

about 150 ? pepper plants, and onions and farmer's market and parties and errands and and everything else,

I can miss something here and there;

"since the full covering hides who they are, which most often than not, is male terrorists."

Most people wearing Burkas are male terrorists? Well fuck, the whole of London is going to explode in the next 5 minutes then.

England is already doomed. You'd best convert while you have time.

Archived