THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Troubles

letsgojackets

Time for a "Kids... don't try this at home!" disclaimer...

Meanwhile back at the thread...

Report on NFL Insiders yesterday was that Josh's case was still at the negotiation stage which apparently consists of a legal 3-way between his, the NFLPA's and the league's lawyers. The fact that it was still at this stage was taken to indicate there are circumstances that would have led to a suspension of less than the full season. However, the recent DUI may have reset the proceeding.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more I think about the way the NFL is handling this, the more it pisses me off. The NFL has an obligation to the organization to let them know of their decision one way or the other, and waiting until just days before camp starts is not acceptable. Who knows, maybe behind closed doors the NFL has already informed the Browns of the outcome but the Browns can't acknowledge it publicly yet........... Hopefully, one way or the other, that's the case, because it's total BS that the Browns don't know exactly what to prepare for with camp right around the corner.

The more I think about the way the NFL is handling this, the more it pisses me off. The NFL has an obligation to the organization to let them know of their decision one way or the other, and waiting until just days before camp starts is not acceptable. Who knows, maybe behind closed doors the NFL has already informed the Browns of the outcome but the Browns can't acknowledge it publicly yet........... Hopefully, one way or the other, that's the case, because it's total BS that the Browns don't know exactly what to prepare for with camp right around the corner.

I think they're waiting until there's some kind of indication on which way they'll go with the NFLPA regarding any changes to the weed laws. They don't want to suspend Gordon indefinitely (meaning he can't train with his team) and then make it only a fine-able offence, for example.

I think they're waiting until there's some kind of indication on which way they'll go with the NFLPA regarding any changes to the weed laws. They don't want to suspend Gordon indefinitely (meaning he can't train with his team) and then make it only a fine-able offence, for example.

I get that, but they need to get on with it for the sake of the Browns.

There won't be any changes to the NFL weed laws. It will be banned regardless if were legalized in all states.

There won't be any changes to the NFL weed laws. It will be banned regardless if were legalized in all states.

Not so fast there, diehard. Marijuana is an effective pain reliever without the physical addiction component of opioid pain relievers. I think the league would be remiss if they didn't evaluate the substantial research available on the effectivenss of pot as an analgesic. Already there are effective marijuana creams that help with pain without the user getting "high"

as well, the feds are rattling their sabers as they consider whether to come after the league for questionable control and custody issues involving opioids and player injury treatment.

http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/news/20100830/marijuana-relieves-chronic-pain-research-show

Time to recap Gordon's litany of crimes:

1. Smoking marijuana while being in the NFL

2. Driving with a BAC 0.9 in a state in which 0.8 is legal.

Thug! Retard!

Who makes these choices at 23?

Should never be allowed the privilege of playing in the NFL again!

Zombo

-- Ray Rice cold cocked his fiancé in an elevator and knocked the 110 lb. woman the fuck out. There's video. That fucker will play this year.

Fuck, by your logic, Josh Gordon is wiser than me. That is rather sobering.

i thought my friend was smoking an ecigarette the other day....i was wondering why the guy kept smiling and was getting lifted..........turned out to be another form of weed called 'wax'.

these dudes are nuts.

I'm sorry but that is the best form of THC out there. Granted, I swear Ive never touched it, but that stuff is amazing. It is called wax, oil, and hash oil. You can put the oil into the vapor cartridge and nobody is the wiser...until you are laughing like an idiot and most likely drooling on yourself. Hypothetically speaking, obviously, if I were supposed to be on pain killers and had the option to use the oil, I'd go oil all day.

Not so fast there, diehard. Marijuana is an effective pain reliever without the physical addiction component of opioid pain relievers. I think the league would be remiss if they didn't evaluate the substantial research available on the effectivenss of pot as an analgesic. Already there are effective marijuana creams that help with pain without the user getting "high"

as well, the feds are rattling their sabers as they consider whether to come after the league for questionable control and custody issues involving opioids and player injury treatment.

http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/news/20100830/marijuana-relieves-chronic-pain-research-show

In California, I was using coconut oil with THC mixed into it. It was kind of like butter, and the person who made it said I could use it as such, but it did wonders for healing and pain relief. Just rub it into the areas that are bothersome, and poof, all is good. Like you said, you dont get high, but man does it work well.

The stuff I never had was made from Luke Skywalker, and it tasted better than each time I tried the same strain in California. If you try it, be careful, one rip is all you need. It is very potent. I made the mistake of ripping that thing when my friends were smoking cigarettes, trying to keep my mind off of not being allowed cigarettes anymore, and it caused my first time of being cutt off from a bar. It is on par with taking bong rips of good hash.

stick a fork in him....he be done

For this season he is indeed out the door. Don't know if he will ever see the light. A sad tale of the always famous line "What could have been". I was so pumped after last year, surely he won't fuk this up he can write his own check. But Noooooo, getting high was worth more than your team. You need to be shut down for a while, but the Browns should keep the rights to him. He maybe could be saved...

You can't turn your back on a talent like JG. Browns need to start a full court press and explore all the options that can support this phenom. i.e around-the-clock security, life coaching/mentoring, talk therapy, anything and everything.

You can't turn your back on a talent like JG. Browns need to start a full court press and explore all the options that can support this phenom. i.e around-the-clock security, life coaching/mentoring, talk therapy, anything and everything.

I hope they dont cut him lose as they really have nothing to lose holding on. Having said that most of those things wont keep him out of trouble until he is ready to change his life. The sad thing is he may never be ready to change his life.

I need to google this "wax". the high grade kush weed around here reeks. you can smell it a mile away and you sure as hell don't want to smoke it in your house for all its pungent properties

you have to use a vaporizer or something called a Gpen.

you have to use a vaporizer or something called a Gpen.

I work with a lot of LA people and they all have these things. Apparently they are all over in Cali and very easy to obtain. They all fly with them and TSA is oblivious. I've hit them many times in public and nobody knows shit. Ain't technology grand?

I'm sorry but that is the best form of THC out there. Granted, I swear Ive never touched it, but that stuff is amazing. It is called wax, oil, and hash oil. You can put the oil into the vapor cartridge and nobody is the wiser...until you are laughing like an idiot and most likely drooling on yourself. Hypothetically speaking, obviously, if I were supposed to be on pain killers and had the option to use the oil, I'd go oil all day.

Yup, read below.

In California, I was using coconut oil with THC mixed into it. It was kind of like butter, and the person who made it said I could use it as such, but it did wonders for healing and pain relief. Just rub it into the areas that are bothersome, and poof, all is good. Like you said, you dont get high, but man does it work well.

Yes, about 1% of the population is using it for pain relief- the other 99% are using it to get blasted out of their minds.

Oh, I'm not against the use of psychoactive substances- but that in a nutshell is why pot legalization hasn't progressed farther. It isn't exactly Rocket Science to convert marijuana into hash, hash oil, "wax", or even pure THC for that matter.

Like us oldsters said way back at Woodstock- "Life is a trip- be my guest"- but if you wind up in a psych ward with paranoid delusions- don't come crying to me.

aka butter and dab. nobody's got the teenage giggles or droolin on themselves fool. it's a clearer, deeper high. where u can take one or 2 tokes in the AM and not derail ur entire day.

but once u get annihiliated on dab the potency is so much heavier in large amounts...smoking flowers just seems like amateur hour after that.

also pot isn't really much of a pain killer, i don't care what anyone says. but it does excel at pain management. it makes shit tolerable...like a 12 hr road trip w vs w/o. helps u ignore and overlook or look past the suck.

For this season he is indeed out the door. Don't know if he will ever see the light. A sad tale of the always famous line "What could have been". I was so pumped after last year, surely he won't fuk this up he can write his own check. But Noooooo, getting high was worth more than your team. You need to be shut down for a while, but the Browns should keep the rights to him. He maybe could be saved...

knowing us, he has less hope of a recovery than Lecharles Bentley.

other classicly odd Brown's phantom injuries:

Daven Holly's leg.

Gary Baxters pecs.

Brian Hoyer's knee.

seriously, why can't the Browns ever catch a break??

been missing a dominant #1 since Slaughter...find a once a decade one for cheap in the 2nd rd of the supplemental...

...everyone was almost in place...

I work with a lot of LA people and they all have these things. Apparently they are all over in Cali and very easy to obtain. They all fly with them and TSA is oblivious. I've hit them many times in public and nobody knows shit. Ain't technology grand?

exactly. the non legal states need to get hip. flew w mine to belize in march and just got back from hawaii. and a gram has lasted me since like...february.

that's daily folks.

no tar. no carcinogens. welcome to the future.

I work with a lot of LA people and they all have these things. Apparently they are all over in Cali and very easy to obtain. They all fly with them and TSA is oblivious. I've hit them many times in public and nobody knows shit. Ain't technology great

no wonder the on-time percentages of domestic airlines continue to lag

exactly. the non legal states need to get hip. flew w mine to belize in march and just got back from hawaii. and a gram has lasted me since like...february.

that's daily folks.

no tar. no carcinogens. welcome to the future.

seems like TSA should be hip to these new smoking devices by now

you would have a lot of explaining to do if you got caught with one

seems like TSA should be hip to these new smoking devices by now

you would have a lot of explaining to do if you got caught with one

A lot of times when they do stumble upon something like this they just throw it away (or keep it) and let the passenger go. Not worth all the trouble just for a personal use amount. TSA is worried about people blowing up the fucking plane, not sneaking a toke in the bathroom. And honestly, that's the way it should be.

I hope you have more "substantial research." I read that article and a study with only 21 paricipants with no significant statistical outcomes is not exactly a convincing way to try and change how we treat pain.

I know marijuana has some benefits but the long-term side efffects are still just as bad, if not worse, than other medications, particularly for athletes.

Archived