THE BROWNS BOARD

At family day

StocktonShorts

Just got back from family day. Mingo is a beast. Johnny Manziel is fast as hell. The D dominated most of the day. Cundiff nailed his field-goals. Witner/Skrine signed autographs for us. Great practice, nice weather and a really good crowd... People are nuts for Johnny though, nuts! Haden is a boss. Now, we're off to Myrtle Beach for a week, see you guys for the Preseason vs. The Lions next Saturday. PEACE!

Just got back from family day. Mingo is a beast. Johnny Manziel is fast as hell. The D dominated most of the day. Cundiff nailed his field-goals. Witner/Skrine signed autographs for us. Great practice, nice weather and a really good crowd... People are nuts for Johnny though, nuts! Haden is a boss. Now, we're off to Myrtle Beach for a week, see you guys for the Preseason vs. The Lions next Saturday. PEACE!

He better be fast with Suh on his ass....

Everything about the offense looked mediocre. The best runner was Manziel. Tate looked the best of the running backs, Baker had a run or two that was nice too. But nothing to get excited about today, several avg runs. Crowell got some run but didnt stand out. I think Tate did miss a couple blocking reads though.

Really the only player on offense that played solid was Miles Austin, good routes and shook Haden once or twice.

This is to be expected this early on in camp. New players and a new offense, we will be ok. My question is, do they look like crap because the D is just looking that good?

means the D is that good, as most of us have predicted, they will be a top 10 ranked defense.

i'm ranking them preseason to finish 7.

I think we will probably finish in the top 5 Mik. It looks like we have very few weaknesses on that side of the ball. If Kirsey keeps improving, and gets to start, the other offenses better watch out. Its bitter sweet also, Our offense has to go up against a top 5 D, so they will get better too. I am very pumped and cant wait to for the season to start.

The offense is always behind the defense in situations like this - new offense, etc.

The defense is going to be very excellent, I think.

Was the set up #1's vs #1's, 2's v 2's, etc...

Comforting little note on Poyer filling in for Gipson in the write-up.

Was the set up #1's vs #1's, 2's v 2's, etc...

Comforting little note on Poyer filling in for Gipson in the write-up.

For the most part, yes, they did mix a player or two around later in the scrimmage.

Poyers name was said a lot, people were getting confused at first because the announcer would say "Hoyer pass incomplete. Defended by Poyer" and of course in the crowd and slight muffled PA it sounded like he was just saying Hoyer over and over.

Interestingly enough going against what people probably would think, Hoyer took more risks and tried to fit balls in where there wasn't much of a play and Manziel was about as safe as it comes. He scanned the field, then he'd extend with his legs and if he didn't find anything there he'd throw it 15 yards out of bounds. He probably threw the ball away 4 times and I don't think he once threw a pass that looked slightly questionable. Very safe play out of Manziel today.

Upon photographic evidence, It appears Manziels beautiful touch pass to the corner of the endzone might have been complete. Was ruled out of bounds.

If it was complete, then it was by far the best play of the day. In the video posted above its the play at the 35 second mark. You can see how covered the play was. Perfect pass.

https://twitter.com/jordancameron/status/495733338469310464

Archived