THE BROWNS BOARD

Field Goals Lose Games

Xanthros

Ok Ok I get it, it's preseason. Lets just hope that this is not a trend among our coaching staff. After the second field goal I started quoting the phrase. And lo and behold what won the game for detroit? A TOUCHDOWN...FG's have their place for sure, but if you don't have the cojones to get in the endzone you are once again a bottom feeder like every other era of Brown's football.

i think pettine really wanted to win this game. i mean how many times did we see them go for it on 4th down?

I think it was more of getting situational 4th down reps rather than necessarily wanting to win. They had a lot of 4th and manageable spots in opposing territory.

Does anyone really care about the final score of a preseason game? One complete pass in The regular season means more than all preseason combined. I hope the browns go 0-4 in preseason just so I can laugh at all the water-heads griping about something they'll forget about by the time September hits.

The lack of passion from Pettine disturbed me.

Agree... but hope is is simply pacing himself...

I also did not understand the kneel down at the end of the first half with time outs on the board. Seems to me we could have gotten some more valuable tape than that...

I also did not understand the kneel down at the end of the first half with time outs on the board. Seems to me we could have gotten some more valuable tape than that...

That was a teaching moment for JF on how to run the Victory formatiion. He has trouble learning when to get down. :P

The lack of passion from Pettine disturbed me.

Seemed like a carbon copy of all the other coaches, players not playing motivated or with any passion.

What pissed me off was not going for it on fucking 4th and inches in a preaseason game. Dude, inspire some confidence.

Like, is that really an issue? Look at Paul Brown, Chuck Noll, Bill Belichick.....not exactly the life of the party types.

Demeanor is irrelevent. Competence is.

Like, is that really an issue? Look at Paul Brown, Chuck Noll, Bill Belichick.....not exactly the life of the party types.

Yeah, plus it was preseason. I'm not really concerned.

Pettine actually adressed this in his presser. He admitted that he was surprised that he was able to stay calm and collected during a couple points in the game that, had the game mattered, would have had him screaming (like the kickoff fumble).

Not life-of-the-party and not raving lunatics, but hardly examples of dispassionate sideline coaches...

Archived