THE BROWNS BOARD

Good Job, Beanie

Chicopee John

Boston University beat Northeastern last night in the Beanpot, which is apparently a yearly Boston regional college hockey thing. Nothing to do with Beanie Wells.

I has nothing to do with Beanie Wells. It has everything to do with Beanpot225.

PS Saying the Beanpot is a hockey thing is like saying OSU vs. Michigan is a football game.

I has nothing to do with Beanie Wells. It has everything to do with Beanpot225.

PS Saying the Beanpot is a hockey thing is like saying OSU vs. Michigan is a football game.

I mean, I guess - though I've lived in Cambridge for four years now and last night at the bar was the first time I'd heard of it. I don't think it would be humanly possible to live in the Columbus area and not know about OSU v. Michigan. I'm certainly out of the loop when it comes to hockey, though (obviously).

I mean, I guess - though I've lived in Cambridge for four years now and last night at the bar was the first time I'd heard of it. I don't think it would be humanly possible to live in the Columbus area and not know about OSU v. Michigan. I'm certainly out of the loop when it comes to hockey, though (obviously).

I also live in Cambridge! :rolleyes:

Black people would dominate Hockey if they could find a way to play that sport in warmer weather and away from ice.

Racism flails away.........good job horse balls

This thread was gay and I didn't understand a word of it.

I especially didn't understand how someone could have lived in Cambridge for four years and not have heard of this epic event!

Actually, that's not true at all.

Thanks for the thread, John. I promise to return the favor when your local lesbians win another basketball championship.

Beanpot

Guest ATENEARS

Actually this thread didn't make any sense to me either, but I heard a great Hockey topic today on ESPN:

The NHL is thinking of 'doing away with fighting'. First of all, why would you have to do away with something that isn't exactly in the rule books as a legal manuever (or is it?). Secondly, this topic of banning fighting seems a good 25+ years out-dated. An act that is completely illegal on the streets, and forbidden EVERYWHERE in public, should be banned and come with heavy fines, and suspensions, if not prosecution.

Don't mean to be a wet fart on this pastime, but fighting don't seem to be an athletic skill that should be a part of the sport. I realize it has for decades, but I'm also certain there have been many skilled players over time that couldn't hang in the sport because of their fighting skills ... and that is just wrong, in my book.

Man, I hope I get to witness a nice brawl before it is banned, frowned upon, and cut short.

Actually this thread didn't make any sense to me either, but I heard a great Hockey topic today on ESPN:

The NHL is thinking of 'doing away with fighting'. First of all, why would you have to do away with something that isn't exactly in the rule books as a legal manuever (or is it?). Secondly, this topic of banning fighting seems a good 25+ years out-dated. An act that is completely illegal on the streets, and forbidden EVERYWHERE in public, should be banned and come with heavy fines, and suspensions, if not prosecution.

Don't mean to be a wet fart on this pastime, but fighting don't seem to be an athletic skill that should be a part of the sport. I realize it has for decades, but I'm also certain there have been many skilled players over time that couldn't hang in the sport because of their fighting skills ... and that is just wrong, in my book.

Man, I hope I get to witness a nice brawl before it is banned, frowned upon, and cut short.

It's not going to happen. Fights are already pretty well regulated in the NHL. Only two guys go at it, once one of them goes down or just asks to stop, the refs break it up. If anything, the league will just ban removing the helmets, body-slams and the like that are actually dangerous. The only real concern is the minor and junior/college levels where there are undisciplined fighters and all-out brawls with officials who don't know how to handle them. The NHL guys know what they're doing, and the commissioner would be committing career suicide if he decided to ban it.

But to make this thread less gay...

Thanks for the thread, John. I promise to return the favor when your local lesbians win another basketball championship. Beanpot

Truth be told, Beans, I've yet to see my first woman's basketball game.

Maybe if they played sand basketball in swimsuits.

I kind of like Woman's Tennis, though.

Woman's basketball is too much like Woman's golf............if you get my drift.

This thread is a microcosm of Seinfeld.

1918_CLEVELAND_BARONS_LOGO_2.jpg

I would LOVE to have an official NHL Cleveland Barons jersey from circa '77 or '78. I've searched the net and NOBODY sells them.

I love that logo. It's so VERY 70's, Ohio, Cleveland.

Doug

Guest ATENEARS
I would LOVE to have an official NHL Cleveland Barons jersey from circa '77 or '78. I've searched the net and NOBODY sells them.

I love that logo. It's so VERY 70's, Ohio, Cleveland.

Doug

While growing up back in that era, one of my friends father played for them. I'll see if I can get you something from them next time I run into him.

Archived