THE BROWNS BOARD

Brian Hoyer

StocktonShorts

Hoyer vs Manziel is totally press driven, and in my eyes completely pointless. Whoever gives us the best chance to win will play. We all know who it will be eventually so why argue over the present starter? None of us have any impact, nor have we seen whats going on behind closed doors so its pretty idiotic to fight about it. Cant wait till tomorrow so we can argue about who had the highest completion percentage in a preseason game smh.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This place is more of a social club for these guys. I get it because they have gone so many years without winning they have had to find other ways to be united, hence all the action the non-football forums get.

They share a bond of losing and they dont like any outsiders telling them anything. They dont know how to be opened about anything so they resort to childish insults. Hmmm, i dont want you here, so i am going to call you gay and insult you every chance i get. This person acts like a child stomping up and down screaming because he doesnt want you in his play pen. Grow the fuck up already. Be an adult. Talk like an adult. In person are you going to call me gay? I doubt it. The power of the internet tough guys.

i got no problem calling you gay to your face, if that's what you are.

some of the JF fans sure as hell act gay on here. gay meaning a man infatuated with another man.

This place is more of a social club for these guys. I get it because they have gone so many years without winning they have had to find other ways to be united, hence all the action the non-football forums get.

They share a bond of losing and they dont like any outsiders telling them anything. They dont know how to be opened about anything so they resort to childish insults. Hmmm, i dont want you here, so i am going to call you gay and insult you every chance i get. This person acts like a child stomping up and down screaming because he doesnt want you in his play pen. Grow the fuck up already. Be an adult. Talk like an adult. In person are you going to call me gay? I doubt it. The power of the internet tough guys.

What we don't like is an outsider blindly spewing man love for someone who at this point hasn't done a single thing to earn their NFL stripes. Every guy on here including myself that doubts Manziel's ability at the same time hope they are wrong and he is the next Joe Montana or Tarkenton 2.0. As far as the Hoyer love, he is a hometown guy, he came in and gave us a little excitement in an otherwise dismal season , he worked his ass of while JFF partied and he has earned our respect and a shot at starting. We don't just direct the frustration of the Manziel man love to outsiders either, there are plenty of hometown guys we jaw with, its equal opportunity. As far as being an adult I doubt you have the corner on what that is supposed to look like. If we want to blow a little steam off here outside the stresses of our normal adult life deal with it or leave. I am guessing noone made you join and noones making you stay. Before you ask, yes I would be happy to tell you that to your face.

brian hoyer

Won 2 games

Ohio native

NFL experience.

;)

WSS

Brady Quinn

4 wins

NFL experience

Ohio native

;)

WSS

well being from ohio has nothing to do with it.

key component: the browns.

let's hope that'll change....real quick.

unlike quinn, hoyer is legitmately a clevelander. north olmsted. my old stompin grounds. Quinn was some dublin fake. and he went to notre dame so shows how "Ohio" he is... Hoyer is someone my friend went to high school with, hes that close to people in this city personally. its just really hard for me to root against him or be happy about him not succeeding in the starting position. I will let it go if Manziel becomes a star, but if he isnt... i will be really annoyed if things turn out the way i expect them to.

Again, watched colt for more years than you have, and he's nowhere near Johnny. Not athletically and not as a competitor. Everyone knows he could've finished that game, but his dad told him not to.

And I think you are doing exactly what Johnny said not to do, taking his words out of context. Is he ready to start against Pittsburgh today? No. Would he be ready with two weeks of prep as the starter? Yes.

Listen up, NumbnutzNumbnutz...

You made the injury comparison to Colt, not me... I set you straight on the fact that the injuries WERE NOT COMAPARABLE! Got it? Good... moving on... (unless you have your shoulder separation reference...)

I quoted the entire passage where he talked about being taken out of context... that puts his words in context. MY POINT WAS that since Pettine wants to name his starter this coming Tuesday morning... it does not matter if JM can be ready by opening day.

If JM is not ready Tuesday morning, and even JM says he will not be, then the competition is over, fineto, done, da ist alles... COMPRENDE?

Listen up, NumbnutzNumbnutz...

You made the injury comparison to Colt, not me... I set you straight on the fact that the injuries WERE NOT COMAPARABLE! Got it? Good... moving on... (unless you have your shoulder separation reference...)

I quoted the entire passage where he talked about being taken out of context... that puts his words in context. MY POINT WAS that since Pettine wants to name his starter this coming Tuesday morning... it does not matter if JM can be ready by opening day.

If JM is not ready Tuesday morning, and even JM says he will not be, then the competition is over, fineto, done, da ist alles... COMPRENDE?

That's called getting in the last word.

Everlastingknobslobber and Oingo Bongo were shown the door this morning.

It's football season. No more time to babysit Texmex sphincter sniffers.

Zombo

I think most of us are pretty much in agreement here. If Hoyer plays his usual game Monday and JM doesn't just totally light up the scoreboard or at least moves the chains consistently barring teammates fumbling, dropping passes, and generally killing drives he keeps putting together, then Hoyer will get the start against the Steelers.

Not what I am saying at all, Ag69. Stats, scores, and excitement won't matter... player evaluation is what matters. JM can play like he was back at A&M (and just may) and he will still lose the starting job to a journeyman QB who plays efficiently within the system.

Lol.

This board is amazing.

But not nearly as amazing as it's going to be in 2 months.

Brian Hoyer - you guys love the Brian hoyer.

Hoyer man. Not Brady. Not manziel.

Brian Hoyer.

Dis gonna be good.

Lmao.

Just fuck off...

Damn... and I was just getting revved up... ;)

I like it ... that's why I left Douche Nozzle around, to get those claws ready ... it's dress rehearsal time.

and there's still a couple tx moes scurrying about ... AG1969 is the only one with half a brain though.

Zombo

Actually sorry to see Ever was shown the door. He did actually did work at learning about the Browns and made some strong posts...

So, this is only my 2nd post ever here, but I gotta say that no one really knows who's gonna be good and who's not....no one.....it's been proven over and over and over again. So, why debate what you cant prove.....????

Im 51 and have been waiting A LONG FREAKING time for this type of excitement...but I gotta admit the whole JFF vs Hoyer is kind of ruining the fun for me, by totally polluting all the discussion and press...

51? Is that all? ;) Yeah... the QB debate is wearing thin, but in 25 hours we should know... Doesn't mean we will all agree on what we know.

We debate because we have time and we can. The only time it really becomes personal is when folks:

- erroneously believe they can change minds without fail... it happens, but is rare; and/or

- are completely unable to appreciate others' points of view.

To a certain extent is is a club- you don't have to agree with us- but please- us guys get real tired of seeing outlandish statements like "Manziel will do more in three games than Hoyer has in his entire career" Or Manziel "could beat out (in their prime) Kurt Warner, or Tony Romo right now". It reeks of Ghoolie and Rich's argument offensive linemen are a dime a dozen.

So, this is only my 2nd post ever here, but I gotta say that no one really knows who's gonna be good and who's not....no one.....it's been proven over and over and over again. So, why debate what you cant prove.....????

Im 51 and have been waiting A LONG FREAKING time for this type of excitement.....look forward to seeing JFF OR Hoyer take this team farther than it's been in decades....and I think the time is upon us......and Im excited......but I gotta admit the whole JFF vs Hoyer is kind of ruining the fun for me, by totally polluting all the discussion and press...... I just want to see them play, not haggle about a bunch of speculation and crap I cant prove......

Im a defense lover...so, for me, the only QB discussion I want to hear is how the other team is gonna repair the one we just broke.....

And I dont blame the all Texas folks for turning to Cleveland...... Romo and Weeden???.....hahahaha......

What bothers me is all this Hoyer-Manziel debate has totally shifted the focus away from the rest of the team. How's Gilbert doing? Bitonio? See what I mean? The JFF thumpers hardly give a rat about anything else about the Browns.

That's called getting in the last word.

Everlastingknobslobber and Oingo Bongo were shown the door this morning.

It's football season. No more time to babysit Texmex sphincter sniffers.

Zombo

I like it ... that's why I left Douche Nozzle around, to get those claws ready ... it's dress rehearsal time.

and there's still a couple tx moes scurrying about ... AG1969 is the only one with half a brain though.

Zombo

Alright, I can bring them back if you guys enjoyed sparring with them.

We want Barabbas!

Z

Hey Ag 1969 is way cool- Most of the others- I'm not so sure about. Put it to a vote. It is a distraction if all you want to talk about is one player. I think we may have exceeded the Quinn-Anderson fiesta, and it's not even the regular season yet.

We want Barabbas!

Z

You banned a former nfl player; it's pretty funny.

I'll ban myself.

This Is your sandbox, I get that.

Enjoy the season, guys.

Go browns

Maybe if you quote me I could understand what you're talking about.

I'm consistent.

Wasn't directed against you- don't take that personally.

I'll ban myself.

Enjoy the season, guys.

Go browns

Hell, If one of those two played in the NFL- you could have fooled me. Really- we've had armchair qbs come in here with pictures containing circles and arrows, breaking down plays, explaining why or why not the play worked.

Not stuff like- you guys are fools because you can't understand the incredible greatness of JF. Yeah, I got it- I see incredible athleticism- in a very limited sampling size- that would be in the NFL, not college, in a meaningless preseason game where the opposing (second team) defense isn't even trying to disguise what they're doing. I've also watched the NFL in general, and the Browns in particular- and I'm going to give away my age- since 1958- the "Greatest Game ever played".

We want Barabbas!

Z

I'll take all the news Browns fans no matter how they arrived at enlightenment.

I will feel bad for whichever of the two, or even three quarterbacks that don't succeed no matter who they might be.

Too much negative quarterback energy here. Save your hate for the Steelers.

WSS

We want Barabbas!

Z

It just gets old rehashing the same things in every thread. I don't know if these guys are just dumb or trolling. I'm hoping the later because they just do not understand how to debate, constantly put words in your mouth, and gloss over the main point.

I'll just start using that ignore function a lot more if those losers are let back in. But you'll have the same threads going out of control over and over.

I'll take all the news Browns fans no matter how they arrived at enlightenment.

I will feel bad for whichever of the two, or even three quarterbacks that don't succeed no matter who they might be.

Too much negative quarterback energy here. Save your hate for the Steelers.

WSS

Seriously. Why bash your own players.

Though I do get the hate for player-only fans. It's childish

No interest in discussing football with them. If one was actually a former player, then its sad how fucking stupid he was. Even sadder how they relished a project QB and turned a blind eye to actually watch.

Fucking sad....a former player should know better and be objective.

Makes me even happier they're gone.

I'll ban myself.

Enjoy the season, guys.

Go browns

Was it something I said? Former who what?

Speaking of Short'n'Stocky (who is lurking as I type this)... I swear I saw him in a promo for some upcoming tribute to JM. Sitting at a table in what appeared to be "the Bird" (Dixie Chicken, the College Station bar for the uninitiated). Same ball cap and everything...

Archived