THE BROWNS BOARD

south carolina native here, not really a browns fan.

just wanted to say how lucky you guys are to have shaw. ive seen him all through college and can tell you he's progressed into a complete qb package.

nothing he does will stand out more than someone who is already gifted in a certain area. but he does everything well.

when rushed, the passes wont be a rockets that could take off someone's fingers, like a qb fearing for his life. he always throws a very catchable football.

stays poised, very few ints. he's going to be some team's franchise qb.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because it's Cleveland...

I see Jimmy forcing Johnny Football to be the starter and cutting Hoyer so there isn't a QB controversy and running with Rex, Shaw and a portable JUGS machine on the practice squad.

Mark it down! Haha

Shaw with starting players?

Am I taking crazy pills? This has to be some kind of joke on my behalf right? No way does anyone actually think Shaw needs to be in the starters mix right?!?? All because of the two drives he got in the 2nd preseason game? Nobody is that daft to think that matters right? This has to be a joke.

Aw, gee, he's not a first round pick. You obviously have a severe reading comprehension problem, as I just said Hoyer may be a three game wonder.

To be in the starters mix? Shanahan will decide that. Looked up his draft profile- BTW, he's almost exactly the same size as JF, and sure looked to be as mobile. Knocks? Weak arm (yeah- barely got the Hail Mary to the goal line) and small hands.

24-1 TD\INT ratio is stellar, and his W-L is as good as Manziel's- playing in the same conference. Want to start making up excuses he had a better coach (Spurrier) and a better defense? Sure didn't have 2 first round picks on offense to help him out, like Manziel did.

Most of the Shaw love started as a joke last night in the chat room, but he honestly looked good against 3rd stringers as any decent Quarterback should. He doesn't deserve to be the starter or anything, but he definitely deserves a shot to make the team as a 3rd stringer. Knowing how Browns QB's go down to injuries, he'll probably be out there starting by week 15.

Yeah, most of us were just fucking with Stockton because he was butthurt over JF playing like ass.

Apparently it worked, because now he's so mad that he could just stomp his foot. Sounds like he's

ready to pop a blood vessel.

Yeah, most of us were just fucking with Stockton because he was butthurt over JF playing like ass.

Apparently it worked, because now he's so mad that he could just stomp his foot. Sounds like he's

ready to pop a blood vessel.

Why would I be butt hurt over Johnny? I've said many times I don't know how good Johnny is going to be. This is funny how I've only talked about how #6 isn't very good and somehow that has turned me into a "Johnny Lover" though I've said over and over that I don't know how good Johnny is going to be. He might suck.

My entire reason for being on this board is to talk about how #6 isn't very good and I was shocked at how many seemed to think he was.

The Shaw thing I figured was a joke. Not even the you guys can be that dumb.

Why would I be butt hurt over Johnny? I've said many times I don't know how good Johnny is going to be. This is funny how I've only talked about how #6 isn't very good and somehow that has turned me into a "Johnny Lover" though I've said over and over that I don't know how good Johnny is going to be. He might suck.

My entire reason for being on this board is to talk about how #6 isn't very good and I was shocked at how many seemed to think he was.

The Shaw thing I figured was a joke. Not even the you guys can be that dumb.

Sigh.

I honestly don't recall anyone saying that Hoyer is very good. Personally, I'm on record as having described

his play last year as "merely competent/average". The reason people like Hoyer is:

a.) He's a Cleveland Boy, and

b.) Last year in game 4, he ran onto the field and the Browns started winning. Period. The End.

When Hoyer was on the field, the offense was 180 degrees from the stink we had been watching. When he

went down, we went back to the smell of ass. That's all. That is why we like Hoyer.

You are offended by the very presence of Brian Hoyer. We get it. It's all you ever say.

Save yourself some time---from now on, when you post, just type "The usual."

We'll know exactly what you mean.

No. YOU said that Hoyer is a piece of shit because he was undrafted, traded, released, etc., and it

was simply pointed out that Kurt Warner was also undrafted and bagging groceries when he got

his opportunity. You have said from the beginning that Hoyer will never amount to anything because he

was undrafted, and it was merely pointed out to you that just because you don't get drafted doesn't mean

you can't be wildly successful in the NFL, i.e. Kurt Warner. No one here has said that Hoyer is the next

Kurt Warner---Warner is simply used as the example to torpedo your claim.

You hate Hoyer. We get it.

"The usual" will suffice.

Whelp, The Head Ball Coach has spoken. #Toothsuck...

On a semi serious note, I head some of the talking heads yesterday speculating about Grossman and Shaw. Apparently, the way the players association agreement stands, given Grossman's veterans status in the league, that if the Browns have him on the roster at week one, they have to pay him the entire season regardless if they cut him later on. This isn't the case with Shaw. So they were speculating that maybe, the Browns would cut Grossman before week 1, and them pick him back up week 2 with a stipulation that he could be released at anytime. They seemed to think that Shaw would not make it through waivers if the Browns placed him there.

No. YOU said that Hoyer is a piece of shit because he was undrafted, traded, released, etc., and it

was simply pointed out that Kurt Warner was also undrafted and bagging groceries when he got

his opportunity. You have said from the beginning that Hoyer will never amount to anything because he

was undrafted, and it was merely pointed out to you that just because you don't get drafted doesn't mean

you can't be wildly successful in the NFL, i.e. Kurt Warner. No one here has said that Hoyer is the next

Kurt Warner---Warner is simply used as the example to torpedo your claim.

You hate Hoyer. We get it.

"The usual" will suffice.

Seriously, just leave it. The guy has been told the same thing numerous times what you told him. He's a troll.

Right. Nobody has said that #6 might be the next Kurt Warner. Never been mentioned once around here. (Because it's been mentioned 50 times around here).

Of course nobody on here has been talking him up..... that holds water

OK, as others have pointed out- you're failing to understand basic sentence meaning. FYI, and for the last time- there's a difference between "MIGHT BE" and "WILL BE". If your belief is, nope, no chance, no way in hell Hoyer could turn into a serviceable starter, then STFU about it already, we got it- about 50 posts ago.

On a semi serious note, I head some of the talking heads yesterday speculating about Grossman and Shaw. Apparently, the way the players association agreement stands, given Grossman's veterans status in the league, that if the Browns have him on the roster at week one, they have to pay him the entire season regardless if they cut him later on. This isn't the case with Shaw. So they were speculating that maybe, the Browns would cut Grossman before week 1, and them pick him back up week 2 with a stipulation that he could be released at anytime. They seemed to think that Shaw would not make it through waivers if the Browns placed him there.

I said right after the game, there's no way the Browns could possibly sneak Shaw through waivers to the Practice Squad after that performance. 8\9, 123 yards, a TD, and no ints will get you noticed around the NFL real fast.

I love when people start playing the semantics game.

"Oh I never said WILL BE, I said COULD BE and the fact hes a male that currently plays QB for a NFL team then technically I'm right, he COULD BE the next Kurt Warner"

You know what is meant when people defend #6 over and over by saying "But Kurt Warner was undrafted" and "Well I keep thinking about Kurt Warner". Oh just for comparison? Why didn't they say "Well I just think about Pat Devlin was undrafted too" when doing the comparison? It wouldn't be because they're trying to indicate they think #6 is like Kurt Warner do you?

Keep distancing yourself. You can say "Well by Websters Dictionary COULD means that its possible and because he's in the NFL it is possible" and others will jump and go "YEAH EXACTLY" but everyone knows what has been said and what was meant and you're not fooling anyone, including yourself no matter what you want to say.

The Warner and Brady comparisons do get tiresome....but.....it is a FACT that only 2 superbowls have been played in or won by Heisman winning QB's......only 2...(and that was 40 years ago) ....Edit: make that 3.....3

And 16 Superbowls have been won by QB's drafted 3rd round or later.....(and 10 won by players taken 6th round or later)

Facts is facts....and right now, the ONLY thing JFF has done is win the Heisman, which has proven out, over and over and over again, to mean nothing in the NFL.....zip.....nada.....zero

I said right after the game, there's no way the Browns could possibly sneak Shaw through waivers to the Practice Squad after that performance. 8\9, 123 yards, a TD, and no ints will get you noticed around the NFL real fast.

On the plus side, the NFL owners have agreed to increase the size of the practice squad to 10 (which increases the chances of the aforementioned scenario to happen). Shaw makes the 3 deep simply to protect his position with the club (ie: to keep him off waivers). The chances of a team grabbing Grossman when he was previously available is less than a team grabbing Shaw off waivers.

"Oh I never said WILL BE, I said COULD BE and the fact hes a male that currently plays QB for a NFL team then technically I'm right, he COULD BE the next Kurt Warner"

You know what is meant when people defend #6 over and over by saying "But Kurt Warner was undrafted" and "Well I keep thinking about Kurt Warner". Oh just for comparison? Why didn't they say "Well I just think about Pat Devlin was undrafted too" when doing the comparison? It wouldn't be because they're trying to indicate they think #6 is like Kurt Warner do you?

Keep distancing yourself. You can say "Well by Websters Dictionary COULD means that its possible and because he's in the NFL it is possible" and others will jump and go "YEAH EXACTLY" but everyone knows what has been said and what was meant and you're not fooling anyone, including yourself no matter what you want to say.

Nope, your Hoyer hate has blinded you to what the general feeling of Browns fans is about Brian. He now has a three game window (just as I predicted) to show if 2013 was a mirage or not.

Thanks again- as another poster said- of misinterpreting and putting words in the other posters mouths. But don't worry- A&M Nation is aghast that Pettine doesn't see the incredible greatness of JFF.

BTW, this thread is supposed to be about Shaw, not JFF.

Did a little research today on Heisman winning QB's.....very eye opening indeed........no agenda, just was curious....here's what I found....

How many QB's have won the Heisman in the last 40 years???......19

How many of these same 19 Heisman winning QB's were drafted in the 1st round???.....8

Of the 8 Heisman winning QB's selected in the 1st round, how many were selected to be game #1 starters???.....3

Of the 3 Heisman winning, first round drafted, game #1 starting QB's, how many have won the Super Bowl???......0

Ok, Ok...hahaha....lets be fair here....

Of the 3 Heisman winning, first round drafted, game #1 starting QB's,how many have at least played in a superbowl????......0

Ok then....lets say they didnt start game one....

How many of ALL the 19 Heisman winning QB's EVER won a Super Bowl???.....0

Ok then....

How many of the whole 19 at least played in a Super Bowl?......0

Gotta back a full 50 years to find the only 2 Heisman winning QB'S who ever played in or won a Super Bowl to date..(Staubach and Plunkett)....

I must say these facts were very surprising to me. But the facts is the facts......

Really.....reading the whole list....Id say there were very few Heisman winners at any position that became true NFL Superstars....there are some, but it's a short list........

I covered some of this area in a trivia thread not long ago.

F%*k you! You constantly yack yack yack and try to impress people with your fountain of useless information while you twist and spin stuff like only a scumbag lawyer could! Your only agenda is you! And quite frankly your use of "The Gipper" is an insult regardless of whether it represents Ronald , Knute or the Gipp himself!

Sorry that I gave you accurate factual data that made you cry. Err....check that. No I'm not. Facts are facts. Truth is truth....and clearly....you know the line.....you can't handle it with your little tirade here.

And FYI, I don't use the screen name The Gipper to "honor" Reagan, Rockne, or even Gipp. I use it because I am The Gipper. Plain and simple. I do use the football avatar in lieu of of anything personal because it is a well known football image. Maybe I will change it

"The usual"

Archived