THE BROWNS BOARD

Derek Carr to START for Oakland.

WalterWhite

"Raiders C Stefen Wisniewski said rookie QB Derek Carr surprised him by knowing the entire offensive playbook in July.

Jones spent the past six seasons catching passes from Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay, and has been excited about Carr’s similar development.

“He’s really calm, really cool in the pocket,” Jones said. “He acts like he’s been there before. I’ve been calling him mini A-Rod since he got here.”

And that's the difference. One studied hard to gain the starting job while the other was partying hard expecting the starting job to be handed to him.

i think even the most hardcore manziel fans have figured that out by now (notice the disappearance of them since his grand debut of mediocre play in the preseason) that he didn't properly prepare himself prior to TC by learning the playbook. sure he could do that in college because what kind of playbook did they really have?

the kid shot himself in the foot being mr. celeb prior to training camp and others were at team facilities working with other players studying the playbook.

and hoyer is such a bum that manziel couldn't beat him out.

Well, history has shown us when it comes to brothers that QB in the NFL, one is always good while the other is garbage.

Good: Carson Palmer
Bad: Jordan Palmer

Good: Matt Hasselbeck
Bad: Tim Hasselbeck

Good: Peyton Manning
Bad: Eli Manning

Good: Derek Carr (?)
Bad: David Carr

Meh: Josh McNown
Meh: Luke McNown

Good: Terry Bradshaw
Bad: Craig Bradshaw

i think even the most hardcore manziel fans have figured that out by now (notice the disappearance of them since his grand debut of mediocre play in the preseason) that he didn't properly prepare himself prior to TC by learning the playbook. sure he could do that in college because what kind of playbook did they really have?

the kid shot himself in the foot being mr. celeb prior to training camp and others were at team facilities working with other players studying the playbook.

and hoyer is such a bum that manziel couldn't beat him out.

So we took the pig with the lipsticks and bright lights...

Let it go, Jesus Christ it's the preseason. You know who dominated the preseason last year? The same moron who got caught under the American Flag before the anthem a few years ago. I'll eat crow if he excels when it matters but I'm so tired of people acting like someone is good or bad before they've even played a single god damn regular season game.

So you JFF fanboys point to college tape but discount NFL preseason. :huh:

I would conclude that NFL preseason is closer to NFL game play then College football.

Archived