THE BROWNS BOARD

Screens,Tackling and Starts OH MY..

gumby73

A Screen pass. Every team knows that's more than half there total passing yards against our D, Why can't we see it and fix it.. Tackling. Preseason Lions, 4 Games later We open like that in Pitts. knowing it's coming, angle's and falling off tackles our ridiculous. Starting all games Home or Away, Both sides of the ball, our Units our to slow and I mean player's and out of sync.. Fixable is 4 more wins I believe, It's the AFC North, Run the ball and play solid D isn't changed.. GO BROWNS..

English aside... the OP has it right.

Screens killed us early and late in Week One. We're only going to see more of them until we stop them with some consistency.

And it would not hurt us to run a successful screen once in a while...

Screens killed us early and late in Week One. We're only going to see more of them until we stop them with some consistency.

..I agree....and I think our attacking blitz style defense draws the screen even more often....it's basically a planned outlet for our type of defense...

Which is an area where(I hope) Dansby and Kirksey will show we've improved by covering better than we have in the past.....and maybe a little Whitner whammo to make em pay when they do catch it.......

So, Id expect it to continue....Im sure Brees will try to pick us to death underneath.....but keeping them contained & short is better than going down field....

I like to see a little West/Crowell screen action....they'd be lethal in the open field....

Archived