THE BROWNS BOARD

Adrian Peterson Indicted For Abuse

TopDawg31

I do believe in "spare the rod spoil the child". That said physical discipline needs to be exercised with restraint. The virtual complete lack of this type of discipline has created a night mare in our country in my opinion. That said if these pictures are accurate it is obvious it was beyond appropriate. I will say I have had more than a few welts myself but never cuts. I would be willing to be these are the same type injuries AP became accustomed to as he was raised and so it continue in the cycle. Unless there are other gross examples of abuse in his home this to me seems to be an issue of education and counseling and suspended sentencing. Just my two and a half cents.

Peterson went so, so far beyond "spanking". To start with, just last year, his two-year son was beaten to death by another man. Now he takes his four year old, stuffs his mouth with leaves, pulls his pants down, and not only whips him with a branch, but also uses a belt, (AD - "I like my belts"); one lashing cuts very deep on his leg; another cuts his scrotum; and the boy also said, after being lashed in the face, was afraid of "being punched in the face".

None of this is acceptable in any way. Peterson is dead to me, and I pray for his kids. With the new domestic violence policy, Peterson should be out the next 10 games. Oh wait, that type of punishment is reserved only for demons likes Josh Gordon.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that ain't shit.

i remember mothers dragging their kids out of hills department stores for running up and down the aisle and then screaming out the door because they couldn't get a frozen coke.

i betcha if ray rice, chris brown and ray macdonald woulda had a mom like ceely (oprah in the color purple) they woulda never grown up to hit a woman.

i also know if they would have taken polaroids of every kid going to school with a welt mark on their body in the 50s 60s and 70s the files couldn't have fit in grand central station.

ever see what it looks like when a grandmother smacks your ass, arms and legs with a hot wheel track?

i could've showed you.

but we grew up to be be well adjusted kids (HA!) because we where taught and beat into the difference between right and wrong. half these MFers today don't have dads (father figures.........no not drunk uncles) and their moms are too busy going out to the boom boom room for the thong dance competition to properly teach these kids right from wrong because they never learned it.

I remember when i was young, my mom was tired of me being underfoot and sent me outside to play. They were building a house nearby and i was fascinated at the construction. I watched them for hours. Later that night during dinner my dad asked me what i did that day, i told him about the house building thing. He asked if i learned anything. I proceeded to tell him that if the fockin door doesnt fit you have to shave a cuunthair off each side. He stands up all red faced and tells me to go get a switch. I reply.. Fock you thats the electricians job.

Peterson went so, so far beyond "spanking".

Exactly.

Broken skin on multiple areas including genitals? That's not a parent metering out discipline; that's an angry, out of control parent.

I do believe in "spare the rod spoil the child". That said physical discipline needs to be exercised with restraint. The virtual complete lack of this type of discipline has created a night mare in our country in my opinion. That said if these pictures are accurate it is obvious it was beyond appropriate. I will say I have had more than a few welts myself but never cuts. I would be willing to be these are the same type injuries AP became accustomed to as he was raised and so it continue in the cycle. Unless there are other gross examples of abuse in his home this to me seems to be an issue of education and counseling and suspended sentencing. Just my two and a half cents.

Exactly.

Broken skin on multiple areas including genitals? That's not a parent metering out discipline; that's an angry, out of control parent.

Ditto both of the above. Those pictures show multiple bleeding welt marks.

This went far beyond a corrective spanking.

But the point is- times have changed. Some of the Little Sisters at my Catholic Grade School back in the 60s would would be doing time for assault for slapping Bad Johnny multiple times in the face, if that happened today.

anyone on here over 40 that says they never got their ass beat by their parents is either lying, gay or grew up with a pastor as a father.

now i'm not talking about bleeding welt marks and broken limbs etc. but if you got out of line there was no such thing as 'time out'.

that's when kids actually listened to their elders, because they were afraid everyone knew everyone else. i remember getting yanked up after running through woolworths and knocking shit over showing no respect by another parent who 'kindly' dragged me to my grandmother who prob pulled me out of there by my ear.

remeber the paddle in school? guarnatee anyone under 30 doesn't. beat and humiliated in front of your peers. that's one way to get your attention.

Whipping a four year old with a stick is just wrong. It was wrong 100 years ago and its wrong now.

A spanking on the butt gets the message across if you want to get physical. No need to abuse the kid. Probably why Peterson is such a Retard.

Z

ap lost control. for that spit second when he crossed the line he forgot he had options. our prisons our packed with these "tragic figures"/.

by today's standards I was physically abused by my mother with her arsenal of switches, belts, spatulas and of course the compulsory section of hot wheel track. mix in some hair pulling and

slaps and you've got some serious ass kicking. dad always left the corporal punishment to mom. she was fucking good at it. I've beaten my son once with the belt when the little asshole

took a sledge to the side of the garage.

kids who are beaten as they grow develop a relationship with violence unlike those who were not physically abused

ap lost control. for that spit second when he crossed the line he forgot he had options. our prisons our packed with these "tragic figures"/.

by today's standards I was physically abused by my mother with her arsenal of switches, belts, spatulas and of course the compulsory section of hot wheel track. mix in some hair pulling and slaps and you've

got some serious ass kicking. dad always left the corporal punishment to mom. she was fucking good at it. I've beaten my son once with the belt when the little asshole took a sledge to the side of the garage

at least someone admits it like me.

"wait until your father gets home" wasn't just a saying on the brady bunch, and believe me in real life them dudes woulda got their asses kicked. i'm not talking about the drunk guy that gets home and wants to lay into his family. i'm talking about when you did something wrong there were consequences. no bleeding, no stitches, no cracked skulls.....cuz they knew how to hit you with phone books and mixing spoons where it looked like a playground accident.

how many fantasy football players this week dropped AP from their league mr. and mrs. 'thou shall not'?

exactly you mutha fucks.

same people that still drafted gordon thinking he'd play again this year.

i'm glad i had the 'marxist' russian grandmother and the pill-poppin drunk dad who scared the livin shit out of me when i was a kid. i wasn't out hustlin kools for a buck on top or beating up kids for their lunch money, no i've saved it for 40+ plus years now and just might want to meet y'all at the new browns stadium one day, locked and loaded.........of course with cohibas, brandy and some bikini clad hookers!!!

gotta love a religious upbringing. HA!!

"wait until your father gets home" wasn't just a saying on the brady bunch, and believe me in real life them dudes woulda got their asses kicked. i'm not talking about the drunk guy that gets home and wants to lay into his family. i'm talking about when you did something wrong there were consequences. no bleeding, no stitches, no cracked skulls.....cuz they knew how to hit you with phone books and mixing spoons where it looked like a playground accident.

how many fantasy football players this week dropped AP from their league mr. and mrs. 'thou shall not'?

exactly you mutha fucks.

same people that still drafted gordon thinking he'd play again this year.

i'm glad i had the 'marxist' russian grandmother and the pill-poppin drunk dad who scared the livin shit out of me when i was a kid. i wasn't out hustlin kools for a buck on top or beating up kids for their lunch money, no i've saved it for 40+ plus years now and just might want to meet y'all at the new browns stadium one day, locked and loaded.........of course with cohibas, brandy and some bikini clad hookers!!!

I'm not above spanking the shit out of my boys. They can be seriously annoying. But I've never had to whip them in the balls with a stick. I've spanked them hard as hell even. Now most times even if the oldest is being obstinate and shitty the countdown is enough. 1...2...He knows damn well if I get to three he's going to have a bad time.

What Peterson did is just plain wrong. I'm more disgusted by him because

A: he's a total absentee parent. That kid doesn't live with him not even part of the time. That was a visitation.

B: he's Retarded. Not the kid, peterson. Did you read any of his Retarded statements? He sounds like bubba from Forrest Gump. He was smiling in his mugshot because he doesn't realize he's a child abuser.

Peterson's son says "his dad has a whooping room". Curious if AD has a collection of fine willow switches and imported leather belts.

You just can never really tell about a person on by what appears in front of you. Neurosis knows no boundaries... This goes beyond sad. What's really important is the well being of that child. I hope the fucker gets whats coming to him

(Peterson). I'm ok with disciplining a child. but abuse has no place. When My siblings and I were bad.. we got the belt or a paddle.. but this shit is insane.

My old mans favorite was his belt. If you saw him coming at you taking off his belt you ran like hell. He also liked to lock me and my one brother outside all night when it was cold. One time he chased me in the yard, I fell and he kicked me in the thigh so hard I had a bruise from my groin to my knee. He also threw tools at my head and paint in the face. I hated him when I was a kid, and couldn't wait to leave. I did forgive him when I got older and he did apologize for it. He was made to 'kneel on rice' in a closet as punishment when he was a kid. Also beat by a razor strap (look that one up). I never would hit my kids with anything but my hand. I would always remember how I felt when it happened to me. I spanked them good, on the butt. I would use grounding to their room as a punishment mainly.

You're right MIk- got the hell beat out of me- of course I set off a couple of fireworks in a closet. BTW, the last time my dad too a swing at me, I ducked- and he busted his hand on one of those old cast iron radiators. Me and my brother actually laughed. Sometimes, kids can teach parents a lesson.

It's the cycle of violence - not everyone has the wisdom to

break the cycle and put it away forever in the past.

Abuse creates a hidden anger in the abused, and the abused

vents in violence because....

Meanwhile, the pics of AD's kid are horrific -

but the Vikings has just announced that they are going to let

Peterson play the next game.

Seriously?

man a kid is so fragile both physically and mentally at the age of being able to understand things that a lot of us are lucky to be productive members of society with what we went through back in the day. i remember kids not making it.

a kid i knew from another friend got heavy into drugs. i used to sell him weed in high school. well one night in sandusky a block away from where my friend lived was the 'black' side of the tracks and they had some bustling bars and a couple of whore houses. the kid waited on the side of a car across the street from said whore house and pulled the trigger of a crossbow with the arrow or bolt going right through the victim and stuck into the door behind him.

it was the first murder trial in america that was allowed to be televised. david lang vs. erie county.

found out he used to get beat by his drunk racist father, his mom was a cheating _________ and he turned to drugs to phase out of his bad situation.

so you either beat them to teach them right from wrong or you beat them to turn into the same thing you are, maybe even worse.

got divorced while i was in germany. didn't fight the wife on custody. god knows i would have been a terrible dad. some people just aren't cut out for it. while i was in NY running the streets my ex was raising a well adjusted beautiful daughter who has turned into a great mom herself and has blessed me with 2 granddaughters and a step-grandson (?).

Sad that a pattern is emerging...

anyone on here over 40 that says they never got their ass beat by their parents is either lying, gay or grew up with a pastor as a father.

remeber the paddle in school? guarnatee anyone under 30 doesn't. beat and humiliated in front of your peers. that's one way to get your attention.

Spanked? Sure... but hand only and then sat in a corner (a "timeout" before it was called a timeout) to think about what I had done. I hated that corner.

Yup... we called school paddling "swats"...

ap lost control. for that spit second when he crossed the line he forgot he had options.

I spanked my daughter... one spank each time.

The first time I explained what she had done and what I was going to do.

The second I reacted in anger over something that seemed important in the moment. Worse yet, I had asked her, "Did you do this?" and she told the truth. Not my proudest moment...

There was no third time.

the 2 times i was paddled in school sure as heck weren't 'swats'.

the first was during lunch in middle school where they lined 10 of us boys up against the wall for doing something stupid and went down the line cracking us in the ass.

the second i was lucky to be able to walk the F home. that would have been considered child abuse. it was always the smaller sadistic fuck who had the shop teacher make him a special paddle with holes drilled through it to make it more aerodynamic. this dude wound up on me like nolan ryan for 10 of the hardest hits i've ever had in my life. the teacher was actually a close friend of my dad. didn't get it. but believed me i wished the worse on that piece of shit for the rest of his miserable life.

Sad that a pattern is emerging...

Spanked? Sure... but hand only and then sat in a corner (a "timeout" before it was called a timeout) to think about what I had done. I hated that corner.

Yup... we called school paddling "swats"...

I spanked my daughter... one spank each time.

The first time I explained what she had done and what I was going to do.

The second I reacted in anger over something that seemed important in the moment. Worse yet, I had asked her, "Did you do this?" and she told the truth. Not my proudest moment...

There was no third time.

well daughters have all been pretty much off limits. i don't remember ever hearing about girls getting 'disciplined' like the boys back in the day. a smack on the butt or the hands when reaching for the hot stove was and is an appropriate reaction.

times have changed. the real problem like in the AP case is a lot of people's minds haven't. like cal said it's a cycle and someone has to be the one to break it.

Archived