THE BROWNS BOARD

religion isnt for everyone....

big red one

I had to fix my post....

repost:

Not the same thing so much.

There isn't a world wide terrorist movement

claiming CHRISTIANITY as their justification for violence. (fixed, dammit)

A "praise Allah" shirt has those other connotations.

There is no conflicting connotations with RGIII's shirt.

It's just the anti-Christian activists. Of which many are gay.

I really don't think the shirt having to be turned inside out was an anti-anything campaign. The league wants money from folks of all stripes and doesn't want to offend potential customers. Dumb? Absolutely. But not some campaign against Jesus. Just a campaign against losing a potential customer base.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we think the league directed rg3 to turn his Jesus shirt inside out. Does that lend credence to the theory that they ran Tebow out of the league because he wouldn't shut up about Jesus?

Who ran Tebow out of the league? The same people that will run Weeden out of the league, and a bunch of other guys who just aren't good enough.

So we think the league directed rg3 to turn his Jesus shirt inside out. Does that lend credence to the theory that they ran Tebow out of the league because he wouldn't shut up about Jesus?

Tebow's terrible play got him out of the league. However, I think it was a mixed bag for the NFL. Christians loved Tebow and bought his gear but he was also a target for people who hated him for getting all of that attention while being dog shit at QB.

Lots of terrible qbs exist as back ups Third stringers and practice squad guys. You telling me Tebow couldn't be on a practice squad? He's a lightning rod...That's really why he's gone

It's the same reason why if Manziel doesn't cut it as a starter, he probably won't be around much longer either. No team wants to deal with the bullshit that comes with Tebow if he offers nothing above Rex Grossman, or Colt McCoy. It's because of the attention that Tebow gets - not because of the reason he gets attention.

Of course. You think they were going to welcome US involvement with open arms? They're trying to play on the public emotion, which in turn would apply pressure to the government to withdraw. Unfortunately, I think it'll have the opposite effect.

Lots of terrible qbs exist as back ups Third stringers and practice squad guys. You telling me Tebow couldn't be on a practice squad? He's a lightning rod...That's really why he's gone

If Tebow could have contributed to a team as a QB, he would still be in the league. The guy was awful. There was talk after he got cut that he could go to the CFL. Several coaches said he would have to switch position. Warren Moon wrote an article about how Tebow does not have the arm for the CFL.

It wasn't his open Christianity that got him chopped. It was a complete lack of talent at QB. Had he changed position he may still be in the league.

Of course. You think they were going to welcome US involvement with open arms? They're trying to play on the public emotion, which in turn would apply pressure to the government to withdraw. Unfortunately, I think it'll have the opposite effect.

Uh, I hate to clue you but they want U.S. involvement. Why else would they keep provoking?

Uh, I hate to clue you but they want U.S. involvement. Why else would they keep provoking?

Why would that be? That's basically suicide. Although, they probably are deranged enough to be ok with that if it means the chance to kill some Americans. Man, some people are just fucked up.

Buddha's a buggerer?

No reason you can't have fun while making a point.

One who buggers, probably, in the old fashioned sense, meaning a sodomite.

mmk - soft bigotry on buddha... all the best from the left

SAY remember AL Gores adductors release second chakra?

http://nation.foxnews.com/al-gore/2010/06/29/gore-pleaded-masseuse-release-his-2nd-chakra

yes, this articles agrees too - http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/09/17/starnes-whats-difference-between-wife-beaters-and-jesus-shirts

You've got to hand it to the NFL though --they don't waste any time when it comes to cracking down on players who demonstrate their Christian faith and strong moral character.

Just ask Tim Tebow.

yes, this articles agrees too - http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/09/17/starnes-whats-difference-between-wife-beaters-and-jesus-shirts

You've got to hand it to the NFL though --they don't waste any time when it comes to cracking down on players who demonstrate their Christian faith and strong moral character.

Just ask Tim Tebow.

Oh that Fox News article agrees that Tebow was persecuted? Color me shocked.

Oh god, really? Christian persecution in the NFL? Tebow isn't in the NFL because of his Christianity? Hahahaha.

Oh man, you guys. Always trying to make it like look the poor old Christians are being attacked in this country.

but its not persecution... it is not "poor old christians " either

its 1st ammendment rights thats all... and not censorship

if you want an example of persecution - look to this recent brave womans story

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/facing-death-sudanese-woman-relied-faith-25521917

"CSN cited an NFL bylaw that states a player can’t wearing any clothing that sends a personal message on game days."

Yep, it's all an attack on Christianity.

Nope - its censorship against a players personal message

also it wasnt on game day - but Monday presser

I thought that it was The Lord Nike proclaiming that thou shalt not wear un sanctioned clothing in front of NFL cameras?

No one is censoring their first amendment rights, lol. No one is stopping them from quitting, not being affiliated with the NFL, and saying whatever they want. Same with that homophobic duck guy, same with every other freaking example that gets posted on here. No one is having their first amendment rights attacked.

There I no war on Christianity in America, lol. They still run the fucking show. They're just slowly being brought down to a level playing field and a bunch of religious idiots are freaking out about it (or purposely pretending to freak out to get those udiots to watch their show or visit their website.....)

Archived