THE BROWNS BOARD

Ticket prices hold the line

ballpeen

Browns freeze ticket prices for 2009

The Cleveland Browns announced on Thursday that the team will not raise ticket prices for the 2009 season.

The announcement means that Browns tickets remain the lowest priced among AFC North division teams, and that the club's average ticket price now ranks 31 out of 32 NFL teams. The team has raised its prices just twice over the last six years.

In addition, the Browns $32 ticket continues to be the single lowest priced ticket offered by any AFC North team. Tickets in this pricing tier include those located in the Cleveland Browns Family Zone presented by Applebee's - a family-friendly, alcohol-free area in Cleveland Browns Stadium.

"After careful consideration, we decided not to change our ticket pricing for the upcoming season," said Browns President Mike Keenan. "We hope that this, along with the introduction of new payment options, will ensure an affordable product and provide our fans with greater flexibility when they purchase their 2009 season tickets."

Season Ticket Holders Renewal Invoices were mailed this week with payments due on May 1 - a month later than last year's payment deadline. The Browns are also proud to offer Season Ticket Holders a series of flexible payment options and early renewal rewards. First time season ticket buyers can also utilize payment options. Visa, proud sponsor of the Cleveland Browns and the only card accepted for Browns tickets.

Season Ticket Holders can log into their Browns Locker Room and utilize the online payment options at www.ClevelandBrowns.com.

Fans looking for information on 2009 Season Tickets can call 440-824-3434, toll free 888-891-1999. They can also access information online by clicking here.

The Browns' 2009 regular season home schedule includes games against the San Diego Chargers, Oakland Raiders, Jacksonville Jaguars, Minnesota Vikings, Green Bay Packers and AFC North rivals Pittsburgh Steelers, Baltimore Ravens and Cincinnati Bengals.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=9410

Well.....you know that isn't going to happen...at least this year...next year may be a different story all across the league if people continue to clam up and jobs continue to be lost.

I wish I lived close enough to buy a season ticket! It's a dream, maybe one year when I'm old and the family hates me I can come out an spend six months in Ohio!

What kind of money are we talking for your tickets, just trying to get a handle on the costs you guys undertake. Also, isn't there like a seat license as well that you have to pay for?? Look on the bright side, this year you get a plastic chair with every ticket. That's a classy gift right there!

Howie.

I wish I lived close enough to buy a season ticket! It's a dream, maybe one year when I'm old and the family hates me I can come out an spend six months in Ohio!

What kind of money are we talking for your tickets, just trying to get a handle on the costs you guys undertake. Also, isn't there like a seat license as well that you have to pay for?? Look on the bright side, this year you get a plastic chair with every ticket. That's a classy gift right there!

Howie.

Here, HowieDawg, check out the bottom of this page to see prices for the PSL and the tickets.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/tickets/STH08/prices.php

Howie.

I own the cheap seats and face value is $40. The PSL's were $250 each (FYI the least expensive PSL's in Charlotte were at least $1000). Since I live in South Carolina, my family in Ohio goes to a few Browns games each year. The rest of the time I sell my tickets. It's so easy to email tickets that my sister can usually find someone to use the seats. This season I didn't have takers for any of the night games. Curiously, when the team is playing well, my seats are harder to get rid of. I can only speculate that people are more willing to pay higher prices so they go straight to brokers and scalpers rather than looking around for cheap seats. Also, they're more interested in "better" seats.

Guest ATENEARS
What kind of money are we talking for your tickets, just trying to get a handle on the costs you guys undertake. Also, isn't there like a seat license as well that you have to pay for??

My PSL's (Private seat license) in section 345 were $550/per ... I think they are like $650+ if bought directly through the Cleveland Browns today. My seats are $45/per and you have to buy the preseason games, so that's x10.

So each year, my renewal price is $900/total for the pair ... that's not too bad.

However, I sell or donate those tickets every year and buy into Ed's section so I can sit with them (and help keep them out of trouble). These seats are $50/per, so I spend $1,000 annually (and incur any addidtional fees if I don't sell my other set entirely).

The PSL was a one time fee. Supposedly, you can sell them (perhaps even at todays inflated rate and make a small profit from the 1999 prices). I use to own 4 seats, I sold 2 of the PSL's a few years back for what I paid for them.

When I sell my extra set of season tickets each year, the buyer doesn't have the opportunity to purchase the PSL, just the tickets, leaving me to retain the tickets from year to year.

I believe that I already have a buyer for the coming season.

Howie.

Digging the bull riding video, Howie!

Zombo

--I knew I needed to party with this guy...

Guest ATENEARS

Yeah the Bull riding video is a riot. I can not believe they allowed you on that Bull ... you look like you wouldn't have remember riding that thing had G-man not video taped it.

The chicks are hot.

Howie,

Zombo and Stan are right vid is ace, but am kinda thinking you would have fallen of that bull in seconds even if it was sitting still, Luv tht bar although, specially when hot chicks get up to ride the Bull.

Howie.

My 2 PSL's in section 534 were $1500 each, and the per game ticket cost is $70 per seat....$1400 per year.

Archived