THE BROWNS BOARD

James Harrison coming back to play for Steelers

Adoug319

No big deal. His skillset has diminished too much. Sucks to hear about OSU boy Shazier though, I hope it's nothing long term. I wish that kid well even if he's a Steeler.

Has it? He was misued in cincy and his back wasn't right in Pittsburgh. I'm not expecting defensive MVP Harrison but he's going to be stout.

He can come in and be just okay. What he does embody however is an attitude that can't be matched in the NFL. One he will certainly foster upon the young linebackers on our roster and everyone else on the defense. I can't wait to see deebo on the field in black and gold again.

He can come in and be just okay. What he does embody however is an attitude that can't be matched in the NFL. One he will certainly foster upon the young linebackers on our roster and everyone else on the defense. I can't wait to see deebo on the field in black and gold again.

Are you stealing my material?

The guy they decided a year ago was past it? Meh. Knows the system and will fill in, less-than-admirably, for Shazier. I just know he's gonna cheap shot Hoyer and put him out for the season, just when we're starting to get something going.

Harrison, like as already been mentioned, is a cheap shot artist.

The squeelers have been losing without him. Shazier hasn't even

taken out any qb's knee, so, the squeeler poor play continues.

He won't matter much, the Browns oline is pretty well fixed now, unless

Harrison goes after Hoyer the night before the game in a hotel with a crowbar.

I'm not worried about this druggie-has been... he's not what he used to be. I'm sure the stools have plenty of HGH on back order...

Sources saying Steelers are searching through local Pittsburgh rest homes to get better depth on D.

The steelers still have Arthur moats at olb. Harrison is being brought in for depth and hell some more attitude. It's a win/win signing. As for one of the posts above he's not coming in to fill in for shazier. Sean Spence has that job and he played very well. Very high football IQ bit had the horrific injury. If he didn't get hurt the steelers may not have drafted shazier.

Could Shazier = Craig Powell? Or at best be Tom Cousineau?

Based on what exactly? Is this your attempt at digging through your super diverse football mental database? Comparing a insanely gifted rookie linebacker to a guy that bounced all over the league playing at a very marginal level? Shazier is an insane athlete playing at a pretty high level for a rookie. Let's wait to compare him to anyone. How many linebackers run a sub 4.4 forty?

Based on what exactly? Is this your attempt at digging through your super diverse football mental database? Comparing a insanely gifted rookie linebacker to a guy that bounced all over the league playing at a very marginal level? Shazier is an insane athlete playing at a pretty high level for a rookie. Let's wait to compare him to anyone. How many linebackers run a sub 4.4 forty?

Tom Cousineau.....he was the #1 overall pick in the draft. And Craig Powell, first round draft pick. Both OSU LBs. OSU LBs have been a hit and miss commodity in the NFL. Some are really good pros, some don't turn out so well. Here is a list of OSU LBs.

You are free to give your critique on how well they did as professionals....since you know so much about all things, but I have listed here all OSU LBs that were drafted in rounds 1,2,3 since 1960....plus I have give all their PFR career production averages:

Andy Katzenmoyer..9

Pepper Johnson...76

Randy Gradishar...88

Craig Powell...1

Chris Spielman...74

AJ Hawk...53 to date

Steve Tovar...29

Matt Wilhelm...17

Jim Laurenitis...38

Bob Brudzinski...58

Stan White...67

Larry Grant...10

Anthony Griggs...31

Tom Cousineau...36

Mike Vrabel...63

Bobby Carpenter...10

Anthony Schlegel...2

Cie Grant...0

Nyal Diggs...56

Lorenzo Styles...6

Preston Harrison...-0-

Jim Houston...59

OK Mr. Rosey- Colored Glasses. Shazier got dinged- a lot- in college. picking up right where he left off, no?

So how many NFL linebackers run a sub 4.4 forty after they injure knee ligaments? Make that players. He won't be running @ that speed anytime soon. MCL damage is 2-4 weeks- unless it's really minor.

Harrison's new motto "running on empty". Too bad he missed an indefinite suspension for wife beating by a couple of years. The guy is a thug- on and off the field. Karma's a bitch James- and if they cart you off the field unconscious or busted up, you'll know it bit you squarely in the ass right where you deserve it.

Here is a list of OSU LBs.

Nice lil trip down OSU LB Lane there...

A number I had not thought of in a good while, e.g., Gradishar.

Some I'd have thought would have higher-rated, pro careers, e.g., Bobby Carp.

Harrison's new motto "running on empty". Too bad he missed an indefinite suspension for wife beating by a couple of years.

I doubt Jackson will license the rights to that tune to James...

Forgot about the wife thing...

Still he will bring a dose of attitude back to a team that has lost theirs. Only thing he will bring more of is "strange". Harrison is one player that HBO's Hard Knocks did no favors.

Archived