THE BROWNS BOARD

Awww poor Squeelers

Westside Steve

Steelers guard Ramon Foster was asked about it after the game and responded, “Just a bunch of guys that never had success, that’s all it was.”

Translation: We just had a bunch of 2nd & 3rd string defensive linemen kick our ass!

I think Pettine had it right... composure...

What I loved was Mitchell's quote:

"When we did what we were supposed to do: played disciplined, see what you were supposed to see, do what you’re supposed to do, we kicked their ass," Mitchell said.

Translation: When we stopped them we stopped them good...

Obviously with 31 points scored on them, they weren't good very often...

The squealers played like so many of their fans post:

don't do what they are supposed to do, they're undisciplined, don't see what they're supposed

to see....

What fucking trick plays was that muppet talking about? How do you run trick plays on defense anyway? Did we throw magic lightning bolts in Bens face before every snap? Is that why he was missing everything downfield? Got it. :rolleyes:

They keep talking and they're gonna be the butt of jokes from the whole league throwing around some mealy mouth bullshit excuses after losing to Cleveland. It's a bad look is all I'm saying. Especially after losing to the perennial AFC North basement dwellars. Compounding the embarrassment.

Apparently both of the deep throws to Cam were "trick plays"...

The first, the throwback where Cam had to wait on the ball (and only was prevented from scoring by a hustling Keisel) I can almost see the point, but no... great design and execution...

There's a difference between being deception and trickeration... And it would seem young Shanny now knows that.

Speaking of Keisel...

"I said it last week, (CLE) is the best team we've played yet," defensive end Brett Keisel told the Post-Gazette, before saying of Pittsburgh: "We're an average team right now."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000410393/article/keisel-on-steelers-were-an-average-team-right-now

Appears there's elevator music in the locker room as well...

Here's a nice write up from Adam Schein of NFL.com. Its a fun read if you're enjoying all the Sqealers hate.... :)

3) Cleveland Browns 31, Pittsburgh Steelers 10

Funny, I'm not getting angry tweets from the great readers who occupy Steelers Nation, like I did when I predicted -- multiple times this offseason, including way back in April -- that Pittsburgh would finish below Cleveland in the AFC North standings.

Cleveland bludgeoned Pittsburgh for a very simple reason: The Browns are better. They have the better defense. And even without Josh Gordon, they have more talent overall. Cleveland is well-coached under Mike Pettine. The Browns are plucky; they run the ball with authority. And while I was right about Cleveland as a team, I was wrong about Brian Hoyer as a quarterback. He has been much better than I anticipated. Cleveland is a legit wild-card contender.

This particular result, though, says more about Pittsburgh's ineptitude.

I'll write it again: Pittsburgh is void of the requisite talent to be considered a good team, let alone a contender. This team has no identity. The Steelers are fundamentally unsound.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000410336/article/dallas-cowboys-make-statement-pittsburgh-steelers-disappoint

Oh that article was great, trick plays! I thought people who played in the NFL knew more about football than me clearly not Steelers players. still LMAO.

I'm confident that our coaches will use the successful outcomes of both our passing and rushing offense to create game plans that won't get us 2 dimensional. 17 throws Sunday created havoc for the Steelers Vs 41 attempts from BGB. If I was planning for Sunday as a DC, I'd be nervous. Onwards comrades.

Archived