THE BROWNS BOARD

Observations from today's game.

WalterWhite

- Brian Hoyer shit the bed. Big time. I know missing Mack hurts but if he hits a wide open Cameron or Gabriel, who knows how this game would have turned out. If him and his agent think they are going to get 10-15 million a year, keep fucking dreaming. This scenario is playing out like the 2007 Derek Anderson/Brady Quinn saga. I wouldn't give Hoyer big money unless he really starts to light it up. If our offensive line keeps this up, we'll be seeing #2 much sooner than later.

- I'm officially done with Barkevious Mingo. He's a bust. He is nothing more than a roster spot, a body. He does nothing. He is always out of position, he sucks against the run, he isn't physical, and he never shows a pass rush. You just have to cut your losses and STOP DRAFTING athletes with measurables instead of football players.

- After watching Sammy Watkins on the other TV at the bar, it's a god damn shame we didn't draft him. He's already an elite receiver and looks uncoverable. The more I think about it, the angrier I get. We knew Gordon was going to be out, and we outsmarted ourselves in the draft again. I only saw Gilbert once today and it was on a pass rush. We fucked up not taking Watkins. Whoever was in charge of that decision is immediately regretting it.

- Terrance West is a dancing clone of Trent Richardson. He dances far too much and just needs to lower the shoulder pads and run with authority. I'm sick of this dancing shit. He got benched for a reason and I see why now.

- When we were up 6-0, YOU TAKE THE POINTS. YOU ALWAYS TAKE THE POINTS IF IT MAKES IT A 2 SCORE GAME.

- What the fuck is the point of fielding punts inside of the 15? Just let that shit go.

- The special teams coach needs beaten bloody with a Stilson wrench

- Resign Jabal Sheard and Tashaun Gibson, they are both studs.

- Skrine was just wonderful today

- Gabriel and Hawkins are studs

why the fuck do we keep running incompetent PR's out there when we have an experienced punt returner in Gilbert?

walter we'll never know why farmer traded the pick to get gilbert instead of drafting watkins. maybe one day in his memoirs....

thing is we needed solid draft picks at both CB and OL. if they thought gordon would be gone the board would have changed for them. IMO they just gambled and took gilbert cuz haden was chirping in farmer's ear.

watkins is good right out of the gate but how can you measure a true #2 CB against a (maybe) #1 receiver? there are a lot of variants that make up that equation.

fucking chicago is stacked on O and they still lose. why is that? bad QB play? bad D? detroit, san diego? so you cut off your nose to spite your face.

the super bowl teams have everything set in place and they all gel together at the same time. half of it is strategic drafting and planning and half of it is pure luck.

Your observations are based off of one game or one play.

We started much better than we have in recent years. That doesn't make us the Broncos. That doesn't mean we should win 12+ games. It means we are improving. I don't expect us to make that jump in one year. I am happy with the progress and I think we are moving in the right direction. Yes, this sucked. Yes, we should have won. But no, we shouldn't now bitch about our coach, QB, etc etc etc. Too many people on here do that. Too many of you overreact and bitch at every little thing. It gets old.

So let's regroup, and let's win our next game. Let's not act like the sky is falling, let's not bitch about everyone... shit.

Woody, we had a chance to get atop the division today and the team was totally unprepared. That's on the coaching.

We got pushed around by an 0-6 Jacksonville team and our coaching staff and QB looked totally lost.

You have to win games like this if you're going to be a good team and truly show improvement.

Bad Coaching or they don't want to get their 1st round pick injured on special teams, either way it's been dogshit all season long.

fuck the injury worries, we've gotten this far without an injury. Let Gilbert return punts

Your observations are based off of one game or one play.

Good post...

It's why they are not really observations...

... more like reactions...

... or better yet, reflexes.

Today was just a bad game all around. Terrible play calls, bad qb, no running game, 3 points off 3 ints, no rush stopping. Only good thing was the turn over but they didn't so shit with them.

4th time ive seen the browns play in Florida. Never once seen them win.

Oh well! On to next week.

Good post...

It's why they are not really observations...

... more like reactions...

... or better yet, reflexes.

I simply call it as I see it.

If you can't see that Brian Hoyer was dogshit today, along with the coaching and playing calling, you're either blind or mentally Retarded.

It's only truly fair to really evaluate the Watkins v Gilbert debate until we see the return of the first round pick next we got from the Bills. I definitely have been happy that Gilbert is progressing though. Definitely far from perfect but at least he's getting better.

My observation is exactly what I had feared......That the Team obviously read, and took to heart, all the damned 6 & 2 talk as soon as we went 3 & 2.

I damn near got sick when I read all the predictions for a "blowout" win.

The Team AND Fans needed a wake up call & dose of reality. That's what took place today.

Jacksonville literally kicked our asses in all phases of the game. All we can do is learn from it & get ready for the next SINGLE game.

Say what you will, but the phrase "..on any given Sunday" does have merit.

Mike

These idiots that play for this team couldn't get away from the praise everyone heaped on them

Now that those idiots are checked into reality, the Browns will win the next 2 games for sure

When you have a rookie coach, NO MATTER WHAT HE SAYS, pro players think and read what the ESPN's and Fox's talk about

Now that Petine was proved correct, maybe these idiot's will listen

I truly do not know what caused such a poor game out of Hoyer. Maybe we should have taken last game with a huge dose of salt since he only completed 8 passes and was under 50%.

Today he was under 40%. I'll have to watch the replay to see what the hell is going on there. Was the loss of Mack that big a factor? Right now I just don't know.

I truly do not know what caused such a poor game out of Hoyer. Maybe we should have taken last game with a huge dose of salt since he only completed 8 passes and was under 50%.

Today he was under 40%. I'll have to watch the replay to see what the hell is going on there. Was the loss of Mack that big a factor? Right now I just don't know.

I already watched it.

He was NERVOUS. Hoyer overthrew, underthrew, threw it behind and through it to hard,

I'm guessing he was nervous without MACK at center. The O-line was a SIEVE,

They need to sign a center and let the reat of the line go back to what they were intended to do

I simply call it as I see it.

If you can't see that Brian Hoyer was dogshit today, along with the coaching and playing calling, you're either blind or mentally Retarded.

Simply being the operative word...

And with the "Retard card" having been played... that's a wrap for the nite.

Will the sun come up tomorrow?

Yeah the pass on Watkins looks terrible. There wasn't much downside to taking Watkins at 6 either. Even if he was having a subpar rookie year, Gordon coming back sometime this year or even next year.....would have taken so much pressure off Watkins. But he's pretty much the #1 in Buffalo isn't he? So obviously he would have been up to the task. That's another one we're gonna look back on and say what if....like Passing on Watt, Smith etc, etc. I also have to say that they need to stop utilizing Mingo the way they're utilizing him. Use him like Denver uses Miller..move him all over the LB'ing spots. Miller sometimes lines up like an ILB and blitzes, it makes him impossible to keep tabs on. Dude has what, 7 sacks in 6 games? Tha'ts more than our OLB'ers combines and might almost be as much as our entire LB'ing corp. Whatever it is we're doing, Mingo is definitely not being put in the impact positions that he should be.

Yeah the pass on Watkins looks terrible. There wasn't much downside to taking Watkins at 6 either. Even if he was having a subpar rookie year, Gordon coming back sometime this year or even next year.....would have taken so much pressure off Watkins. But he's pretty much the #1 in Buffalo isn't he? So obviously he would have been up to the task. That's another one we're gonna look back on and say what if....like Passing on Watt, Smith etc, etc. I also have to say that they need to stop utilizing Mingo the way they're utilizing him. Use him like Denver uses Miller..move him all over the LB'ing spots. Miller sometimes lines up like an ILB and blitzes, it makes him impossible to keep tabs on. Dude has what, 7 sacks in 6 games? Tha'ts more than our OLB'ers combines and might almost be as much as our entire LB'ing corp. Whatever it is we're doing, Mingo is definitely not being put in the impact positions that he should be.

throw your thick headed defensive schemes out the window and come up with your own new 22nd century hybrid scheme.

'gotta have guys with their hands in the dirt.' 'well we have DL and LBer issues so we'll move all our back end defense up to try and help to stop the run from our inept depth on DL.

taylor and rubin bums?

lol.

well the whole point of the 3-4 is to have your OLB'ers standing most of the time which is supposed to help them run defend better. It's not our OLB'ers that are the problem, so I don't see what switching to a 4-3 is going to do for us on run D. Hell it might make it even worse if that's possible.

throw your thick headed defensive schemes out the window and come up with your own new 22nd century hybrid scheme.

'gotta have guys with their hands in the dirt.' 'well we have DL and LBer issues so we'll move all our back end defense up to try and help to stop the run from our inept depth on DL.

taylor and rubin bums?

lol.

The blueprint is out. Do everything you can to stop the run and make Hoyer beat you with his arm.

At least yesterday, he looked a lot like Charlie Frye out there. Brian needs to cowboy up because teams are going to make him prove that he can beat them.

The blueprint is out. Do everything you can to stop the run and make Hoyer beat you with his arm.

At least yesterday, he looked a lot like Charlie Frye out there. Brian needs to cowboy up because teams are going to make him prove that he can beat them.

That is exactly who he reminded me of.

We've been in situations this year where there was no chance of us running the ball, so teams only had to worry about the pass. And Hoyer beat them.

Man, it just seems like we reversed the entire vibe from last week fans cheering, holding Hoya signs - to cheering injury material for next week.

well the whole point of the 3-4 is to have your OLB'ers standing most of the time which is supposed to help them run defend better. It's not our OLB'ers that are the problem, so I don't see what switching to a 4-3 is going to do for us on run D. Hell it might make it even worse if that's possible.

my whole point is why define your defense as 3-4, 4-3 or whatever? like i've been saying since pettine took over, why put players in positions that they've never played before? just let the freakin dogs loose and let them play.

sheard and mingo should be wreaking havoc on QBs, and they're in coverage?

GTFO.

Archived