THE BROWNS BOARD

Any Alternative to 92.3 The Fan for Browns News?

hx214

I like to listen to sports shows in the morning on the drive in to work. I used to listen to AM radio with Mike and Mike but started listening to 92.3 with Kiley and Booms last year because I'd rather listen about just Cleveland sports but I just can't listen to Chuck Booms anymore. I can usually make it to about Wednesday before I have to turn it off for the week but I couldn't even get through the first 20 min of my drive today listening to him whine about how bad the Browns are, and calling callers morons and idiots....

I have a hard time with the Bull from the Bull and the Fox show on the drive home, but I can usually handle him all week.

Any other Cleveland stations to listen to? I don't have satellite radio and my old truck doesn't have the best radio, but I'll throw an old whip antenna on her if I have to...

Since I don't live in Cleveland, I download podcasts to my phone and play them over the bluetooth connection during my commute. I listen to Cleveland Browns Daily, Mike and Mike, The Really Big Show, Hooley and Jerod, and the Tony Grossi Podcast. It means you'll be listening to them the day after they've aired, but so what, it works for me. You could try something like that if you have the equipment to make it happen.

I tend to listen to Bull and Fox, they're alright...it's sometimes the callers that are so awkward and cringy and sorry, just plain ole stupid sometimes, that make me turn off the radio. I don't really like Booms but it's hard to fault him for calling some callers morons even though those are basically your customers. lol

I feel your pain. I think Kiley is pretty knowledgeable and un biased, but Chuck Booms is nothing more than a fan with his own opinions. If you want comedy, he's okay, but as a sports analyst / expert...well...he sucks. He's almost impossible to listen to. The shows on 850 are all okay. They tend to really stray from sports...even when there are big sports stories happening, though. The one good thing is they have Jerrod Cherry...ex player...very intelligent and knows what he's talking about.

The main problem I have with Booms is he usually has no idea what he is talking about, and he whines and and is pessimistic about everything the Browns do, ALL the damn time. Puts me in a bad mood before I even get to work.

Ya, some people are complete morons that call, but honestly I don't know who would call and waste their time.

He was pushing Manziel so hard this morning and not one caller would agree with him and he was just whining and whining....

He is suppose to be a comedian (I didn't even realize that until I looked 92.3 up for the game day app) and I don't think I've ever heard him say something funny. I'll have to see if one of his shows in on YouTube and see if he is a better at comedy

I guess the problem I have with the Bull guy on the afternoon show is he goes off on these irate tangents when the other guys don't agree with him, and yells in the mic. One day I listed to them bitch about who the better coach was, Belichick or Saban, and I pulled into the garage at my house thinking, "What the hell did I listen to for the last half hour....". AND he isn't really even a Cleveland Fan. He said one day he was wearing his AJ Green jersey....

Yeah Bull is from Cincy. Kind of odd i'll grant you. Browns are his second favorite team apparently. But he's an Indians and Cavs guy. Oh well. Dustin seems alright, he actually played ball so he knows what he's talking about on the field. I wish they had him doing more of that stuff but the show seems to center around him trying to get Bull to blow up about something. Do more x's and o's stuff and maybe they can stimulate a better discussion on the calls.

Chuck Booms is a fuckin COMEDIAN that thinks he's a sports analyst. Not worth my time. Although it is laughable to see the "I wanna bitch slap you" look on Golic's face everytime the little turd opens his mouth during the Browns pregame show.

Gotta say Cleveland Sports Radio is at an all time low. Terrible. Been a listener for decades and, NOW that the Browns are finally looking to be improved, I can't even listen to the muck they rake. The only one I actually LIKED and thought was fair minded and somewhat knowlegable was Vic Carrucci, who is gone now.

Tony Rizzo is tired and worn out. He offers no real prose or sports insights. Just a bunch of waffling, whining, window ads and movie reviews.

Jerrod Cherry is a little better. Does offer some decent insights here and there. But, to me, not really a radio guy with anything compelling to say. And if we're gonna have an "ex-pro", how about someone who was actually good and not a lifetime special teamer(Bernie)?

Goldhammer is a complete and utter joke. A nasal voiced, figure skating, Elway loving schmuck from Denver??? Who's dick is he sucking? It's almost as if WKNR is fucking with us just by putting this guy on. Nuff said.

Munch Bishop LIKES TO YELL then whisper THEN YELL SOME MORE. Just to draw you in. BUT....has nothing to say once he does. A hack.

Grossi used to offer some decent stuff(still does once in a while), but he has became a bit jaded and seems to have personal agendas that prevent him from providing unbiased reports

Bruce Hooley is just another "out of town" asshole. He's snarky and proud of it. He offers no valuable insights and usually just wants to delve into negative shit. Sometimes just makes up a bs scenario(for discussion), but really is stirring the pot. He's like an internet troll, except on the radio.

Gotta say Cleveland Sports Radio is at an all time low. Terrible. Been a listener for decades and, NOW that the Browns are finally looking to be improved, I can't even listen to the muck they rake. The only one I actually LIKED and thought was fair minded and somewhat knowlegable was Vic Carrucci, who is gone now.

Tony Rizzo is tired and worn out. He offers no real prose or sports insights. Just a bunch of waffling, whining, window ads and movie reviews.

Jerrod Cherry is a little better. Does offer some decent insights here and there. But, to me, not really a radio guy with anything compelling to say. And if we're gonna have an "ex-pro", how about someone who was actually good and not a lifetime special teamer(Bernie)?

Goldhammer is a complete and utter joke. A nasal voiced, figure skating, Elway loving schmuck from Denver??? Who's dick is he sucking? It's almost as if WKNR is fucking with us just by putting this guy on. Nuff said.

Munch Bishop LIKES TO YELL then whisper THEN YELL SOME MORE. Just to draw you in. BUT....has nothing to say once he does. A hack.

Grossi used to offer some decent stuff(still does once in a while), but he has became a bit jaded and seems to have personal agendas that prevent him from providing unbiased reports

Bruce Hooley is just another "out of town" asshole. He's snarky and proud of it. He offers no valuable insights and usually just wants to delve into negative shit. Sometimes just makes up a bs scenario(for discussion), but really is stirring the pot. He's like an internet troll, except on the radio.

Yeah, I was bummed when Carucci left. And Rizzo is getting on my nerves too, he is all over the map with his opinions. One minute he loves Hoyer the next he doesn't. It's like he has multiple-personality disorder.

There is nothing to like about Booms - he is a total tool. I wish they would dump him from the Tailgate. I'd much rather hear just the former players and true Cleveland guys. But they can't get 15 seconds into anything without this idiot opening his mouth.

I listen to Tony Rizzo and Jarod Cherry on AM 850. They are way better then 92.3. I can't stand booms voice, it's like fingernails on a chalkboard.

Can't stand the Cleveland Browns daily now that VIC left.

If I hear Michael Reghi or Aaron Goldhammer, I change the station. Even when Rizzo is on, if I hear a commercial with goldhammer on it, I change the station.

The best thing WKNR EVER did was get that IDIOT hammer off the morning show.

I can only listen to sports talk for about 3-4 hours a day. After that they just repeat themselves all day.

Also I HATE all the "live' read commercials. They are over the top and kill the flow of ANY show

There is nothing to like about Booms - he is a total tool. I wish they would dump him from the Tailgate. I'd much rather hear just the former players and true Cleveland guys. But they can't get 15 seconds into anything without this idiot opening his mouth.

Plus he always wears a hat. Dude, you are on TV, be a professional. Lose the hat

Archived