THE BROWNS BOARD

Jim Donovan made a good point last week

marcus

Jim Donovan voice of the Cleveland Browns brought up an great point last week. He was on the Really Big Show last week and Tony Rizzo commented on fans complaining. So asked him about the fashion we won the Oakland game. Jim said something along the lines of: "I didn't realize we had gotten to that point." "That we can all of a sudden start classifying the way we want to win games." "All those 12-4 seasons that I obviously slept through that I missed; I didn't realize we could be picky so much."

I second Jim's point of view. All of the Hoyer haters, does Weeden, Quinn, Anderception win those games? I made another thread where I talked about no shame in winning ugly and that the fact we didn't want to win ugly in Jax hugely contributed to our loss IMO. Ask Seattle about winning ugly; for the most part that's how they win.

To those who want to talk about having to win ugly against lesser opponents; New England was a few plays away from losing to the lowly Jets a few weeks ago. I doesn't have to be pristine every week. Hell if they win 16 games 3-0. Who cares? Get on board ladies and gentleman the incessant losing has stopped.

Lets bear in mind.. the second half is no pic nic... Cincinatti,Atlanta will not be easy.. The Browns better put theyre jock straps on tight.

Lets bear in mind.. the second half is no pic nic... Cincinatti,Atlanta will not be easy.. The Browns better put theyre jock straps on tight.

Honestly none of them have been. The only one we've won running away was the Steelers game. I agree that there's acres for improvement but winning is winning. I'm pleased to be talking about how ugly our wins have been as opposed to how ugly our losses have been.

Honestly none of them have been. The only one we've won running away was the Steelers game. I agree that there's acres for improvement but winning is winning. I'm pleased to be talking about how ugly our wins have been as opposed to how ugly our losses have been.

^^^^ This +1

I probably saw it here but Pettine one time said "I'd rather take the negatives out of a win than the positives out of a loss". I might sound like a broken record but I strongly believe in the idea that winning breeds winning. Of course this season we aren't at the level of a Denver, New England etc. But ya know what? It's week 9 and the team already has more wins than last season. That's marked improvement that gives people confidence. Let's face it, the past four games were always the ones the Browns lost. This season by in large the Browns are on the winning side of the equation. Keep winning, players gain confidence, fans gets louder, and the whole organization grows.

There are only a small handful of Johnny Football Knob Polishers, and they are the ones complaining about Hoyer. They're a small minority, but since they spam in most threads, it seems like it's 'a lot of fans', but in reality, most knowledgeable, authentic Browns fans are enjoying the ride............ I know I am.

"All those 12-4 seasons that I obviously slept through that I missed; I didn't realize we could be picky so much."

I made another thread where I talked about no shame in winning ugly and that the fact we didn't want to win ugly in Jax hugely contributed to our loss IMO.

Lucky for you, I missed your other thread... ;)

Love the quote though, and agree... Whether frustration or simple Fan-Lite syndrome (or both), the demands that we jump straight from years of ineptitude to SB Champ is mind-boggling.

I probably saw it here but Pettine one time said "I'd rather take the negatives out of a win than the positives out of a loss".

I've seen that around here, too... somewhere... ;)

Archived