THE BROWNS BOARD

Now you see it - the pendulum swings back to right the ship

calfoxwc

Like I have said often over the years, the American people have steered the Good Ship

America back to a better direction, to get our terrific country back on track.

The pendulum swings. One way, then the other, to navigate our country

to a proper and healthier direction of travel.

So, to anyone who didn't believe it....

believe it.

Pass laws that promote job creation and I will be on board. Not the horse shit part time burger flipper jobs that the current admin has used to pad their job stats.

Isn't that the mantra of both parties anyway though? Especially the Republicans seem to pound on the lowering taxes on business and corporations thing.

Also even if it annoys you it's going to be hard to win with an anti coal agenda regardless of what you're eventual plans might be.

WSS

Isn't that the mantra of both parties anyway though? Especially the Republicans seem to pound on the lowering taxes on business and corporations thing.

Also even if it annoys you it's going to be hard to win with an anti coal agenda regardless of what you're eventual plans might be.

WSS

Don't even have to be anti coal. If you come out and you aren't just pushing coal in West Virginia 24/7, you get deemed to be anti-coal. It is the equivalent of saying someone is a racist because they haven't explicitly spent every waking moment telling everyone around them that they are not a racist.

Don't even have to be anti coal. If you come out and you aren't just pushing coal in West Virginia 24/7, you get deemed to be anti-coal. It is the equivalent of saying someone is a racist because they haven't explicitly spent every waking moment telling everyone around them that they are not a racist.

Sure you are correct but you know what I mean about optics. For instance anti abortion or pro abortion candidate can't really be moderate on the issue or they get blasted. If a pro choice candidate thinks a little restraint (something other than any time any reason for anybody regardless of age) is alright then he is labeled a bible thumper who wants to keep women from having the pill.

WSS

Sure you are correct but you know what I mean about optics. For instance anti abortion or pro abortion candidate can't really be moderate on the issue or they get blasted. If a pro choice candidate thinks a little restraint (something other than any time any reason for anybody regardless of age) is alright then he is labeled a bible thumper who wants to keep women from having the pill.

Yeah it is just aggravating as hell that knuckleheads are so easily mislead by attack ads. Bread and a circus.

And Woody what laws would you want passed that aren't being passed now?

It seems there are plenty of bills that get past the Congress that never get out of the Senate. Is it just the fact that little seems to get done or what? Is there some law you had in mind?

WSS

I am not sure, I do not know which particular bills are up right now. I think having a Congress that can actually work together and compromise to pass bills for the better would help. There are problems in this country that both sides should easily get behind (veterans health for example).Its more important that the other side lose though than to actually improve the country.

The dems went on a sick, arrogant political vendetta, got their chance,

and really, really sucked following the dumfook in our WH.

Seems like the dems ended up being loyal to their base, the left, and that's all

they know how to do.

The Reps, all too often, are just loyal to their big business political donors to their campaigns,

and bad, too, but not as sick as the dems and their base.

What we need, is a new direction. Dems in Congress, weren't being representative to the folks in their state,

just the hard hitting special interests left. It finally took it's toll. As for reps? Too many of them, one being too many,

also don't rep ALL the folks in their states.

Too many stuffed shirts playing political games, and riding high on their power and money, while they can.

Maybe that will actually change now. There are a group of new voices that should start making

the old guard on both sides get real for the first time in...decades?

Archived