THE BROWNS BOARD

The Schedule Game

The Gipper

Hello Campers. Its now time to play "The Schedule Game"!!!! We are going to look at who the teams of the American Football Conference, North Division have on their schedules for the rest of the 2014 season and how they stack up against each other!

So, have your buzzers handy and chime in whenever you know the answer to a question!!

Here we go:

Browns

home Texans 4-5

@Falcons 2-6

@Bills 5-3

home Colts 6-3

home Bengals 5-3-1

@Panthers 3-5-1

@Ravens 5-4

opponents records now at 30-29-1

Ravens

home Titans 2-6

@Saints 4-4

home Chargers 5-4

@Dolphins 5-3

home Jaguars 1-8

@Texans 4-5

home Browns 6-3

Opponents records: 27-33

Bengals

@Saints 4-4

@Texans 4-5

@Buccaneers 1-8

home Steelers 6-3

@Browns 6-3

home Broncos 6-2

@Steelers 6-3

Opponents records: 33-27

Steelers

@Jets 1-8

@Titans 2-6

home Saints 4-4

@Bengals 5-3-1

@Falcons 2-6

home Chiefs 5-3

home Bengals 5-3-1

opponents records: 24-33-2

So to continue playing the game we look at the following:

A. The Steelers have the "easiest" remaining schedule seemingly with opponents only having a 24-33-2 record. Not only that, except for going on the road to Cincy......their toughest tests are at home: Saints, Chiefs, Bengals

B. The Bengals seemingly have the hardest schedule with opponents having a 33-27 record. Not only that but they only have 2 home games left and 5 road games including Browns/Steelers/Saints. And their two home games? Broncos/Steelers.

Honestly, I think the Browns sent the Bengals season circling the drain last night. A defeat they will not recover from.

C. The Ravens only have the majority of their remaining games at home. 4 home, 3 road.

D. Most common opponents besides each other that can do damage to this division's chances: Saints and Texans with 3 games each vs. the AFCN. We all know about the difficulty playing in the Superdome. Ravens and Bengals have to go there. Steelers are at home vs. the Saints. The Bengals and Ravens also have to go to Houston, where the Browns have the DATs at home.

So....in conclusion, it really appears that the WINNER of the Schedule Game is: The Steelers

And the LOSER is: The Bengals

I don't see the Browns losing again..

Can't go quite that far... Colts, @ Panthers and @ Ravens are a concern. The closer we get to realizing a playoff appearance, the tighter we might play not having been there in so long... plus being so young.

The Bengals look done and cellar bound with "L" written all over 5 of their remaining 7. But they may rise again as they get healthier.

The Steelers look unstoppable with their two toughest games at home.

Not sure about the Ravens... Losing Smith just hurt their 2ndary bad, but I still think of them as having talent. They'll be tested in 4 or 5 games, including by us.

Lotta AFCN football left. The one thing I am sure of, I'll be more interested in it than I've been in yers...

Here we go again, Looks to all of us Shitsburg, easiest of what's left.. Browns & Burg tie for division, How does Head To Head and afc records work again??

Here we go again, Looks to all of us Shitsburg, easiest of what's left.. Browns & Burg tie for division, How does Head To Head and afc records work again??

There are a million tie breakers for Div/Conf/WC scenarios. Within the Division though, it goes basically:

* Head to head

* Div W-L record

* Common games W-L record

* Conf W-L record

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

Strength of victory.

Strength of schedule.

Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

Best net points in common games.

Best net points in all games.

Best net touchdowns in all games.

Coin toss

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs
  1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Browns 1-1 vs. Steelers, 1-0 vs. Bengals 1 game left, 0-1 vs. Ravens 1 game left
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  4. Browns 2-2, Steelers 2-2, Bengals 2-1, Ravens 2-3
  5. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  6. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  7. Browns 4-3, Bengals 4-3, Steelers 5-3, Ravens 3-4
  8. Strength of victory.
  9. Strength of schedule.
  10. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  11. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  12. Best net points in common games.
  13. Best net points in all games.
  14. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  15. Coin toss

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

Hello Campers. Its now time to play "The Schedule Game"!!!! We are going to look at who the teams of the American Football Conference, North Division have on their schedules for the rest of the 2014 season and how they stack up against each other!

So, have your buzzers handy and chime in whenever you know the answer to a question!!

Here we go:

Browns

home Texans 4-5

@Falcons 2-6

@Bills 5-3

home Colts 6-3

home Bengals 5-3-1

@Panthers 3-5-1

@Ravens 5-4

opponents records now at 30-29-1

Ravens

home Titans 2-6....Ravens win

@Saints 4-4

home Chargers 5-4

@Dolphins 5-3

home Jaguars 1-8

@Texans 4-5

home Browns 6-3

Opponents records: 27-33

Bengals

@Saints 4-4

@Texans 4-5

@Buccaneers 1-8

home Steelers 6-3

@Browns 6-3

home Broncos 6-2

@Steelers 6-3

Opponents records: 33-27

Steelers

@Jets 1-8 Steelers lose

@Titans 2-6

home Saints 4-4

@Bengals 5-3-1

@Falcons 2-6

home Chiefs 5-3

home Bengals 5-3-1

opponents records: 24-33-2

Steelers trying their utmost to lose this game despite having the big advantage.

Meant to post this here, damn mobile phones.

Looking at everyone's schedules, it's giving me a headache trying to even venture a guess as to who wins the division.

The best I can see for the Bengals is 8-7-1, losses at Cleveland, at NO, they face Pitt twice and will lose at least 1 of those games, and at least 1 more loss at Houston or at Tampa. If they play better than I expect still don't see better than 9-6-1.

The Ravens will probably be close to that, I still don't see us any worse than 9-7, I'm thinking the deciding game between 10-6 and 9-7 is week 17 against you guys. But unless the offense starts playing like it did earlier in the season or the defense rises above its injuries I don't see any better than 10-6 for us.

Steelers, well it depends which team shows up week to week. They don't have any should lose games or should win games on their schedule, except two against Cincy which logic would suggest to them losing 1 to them. Home games against Saints and Kansas City and road games against Titans, Falcons and the two cincy games. They could be 11-5, or 9-7.

Browns - Hypothetical, I say Browns go 2-1 next 3 weeks, two road games in a row, one against Buffalo that could go either way but I'm gonna predict a loss. That would bring you to 8-4. Next 4 games are Colts, Bengals, Panthers and Ravens. Even splitting those would leave you at 10-6 in line with everyone else. I'm gonna say you go into week 17 10-5. You beat us at home you likely win the division. If you lose, 10-6 is still a good spot to compete with the other AFC teams vying for a wildcard spot.

Very good chance everyone in the division finishes around the same record and with winning records.

Can't go quite that far... Colts, @ Panthers and @ Ravens are a concern. The closer we get to realizing a playoff appearance, the tighter we might play not having been there in so long... plus being so young.

The Bengals look done and cellar bound with "L" written all over 5 of their remaining 7. But they may rise again as they get healthier.

The Steelers look unstoppable with their two toughest games at home.

Not sure about the Ravens... Losing Smith just hurt their 2ndary bad, but I still think of them as having talent. They'll be tested in 4 or 5 games, including by us.

Lotta AFCN football left. The one thing I am sure of, I'll be more interested in it than I've been in yers...

Panthers aren't very good and will have little to play for by the time you face them.

Ravens are wounded but it's when people count as out that we're the most dangerous.

Still, we have some tough games on the schedule, at NO, San Diego is reeling but still dangerous, the Phins are good at home, and then we have a decent Houston team and than closing the season up against you guys, granted at home but you'll have gordon and cameron likely back against are decimated secondary that performed meh against the Titans with stop gap players signed just last week in the backfield.

Browns (6-3)

home Texans 4-5 Win

@Falcons 2-6 Win

@Bills 5-3 Win (6 game win streak? possible?)

home Colts 6-3 Loss

home Bengals 5-3-1 Win

@Panthers 3-5-1 Win

@Ravens 5-4 Loss

Finish: 11-5 (Division Champion) *clinching week 16

Ravens (6-4)

@Saints 4-4 Loss

home Chargers 5-4 Loss

@Dolphins 5-3 Win

home Jaguars 1-8 Win

@Texans 4-5 Win

home Browns 6-3 Win

Finish: 10-6 (Wild Card)

Steelers (6-4)

@Titans 2-6 Win

home Saints 4-4 Win

@Bengals 5-3-1 Loss

@Falcons 2-6 Win

home Chiefs 5-3 Loss

home Bengals 5-3-1 Win

Final: 10-6 (3rd place; knocked out by the Chiefs for the 2nd Wild Card)

Bengals (5-3-1)

@Saints 4-4 Loss

@Texans 4-5 Win

@Buccaneers 1-8 Win

home Steelers 6-3 Win

@Browns 6-3 Loss

home Broncos 6-2 Loss

@Steelers 6-3 Loss

Final: 8-7-1 (Last place; following tough 3 game stretch at the end)

AFC Playoff seed prediction:

1 - New England (Home field advantage)

2 - Denver (1st round bye)

3 - Indianapolis (Division winner)

4 - Cleveland (Division winner)

5 - Baltimore (Wild Card #1)

6 - Kansas City (Wild Card #2)

Baltimore @ Cleveland in the first round of the playoffs... book it... :D (or don't)

If we play as good as we did on Thursday, no doubt in my mind we will beat Carolina, Houston, Buffalo, Cinci, The Ratbirds, and Atlanta. Colts will be tough with Luck on the field but if Cleveland in December is as cold as I hope it will be, we can dominate on the ground, I think Luck will struggle in the cold and we will pull out a low scoring victory. Browns will go 11-5 at worst.

If we play as good as we did on Thursday, no doubt in my mind we will beat Carolina, Houston, Buffalo, Cinci, The Ratbirds, and Atlanta. Colts will be tough with Luck on the field but if Cleveland in December is as cold as I hope it will be, we can dominate on the ground, I think Luck will struggle in the cold and we will pull out a low scoring victory. Browns will go 11-5 at worst.

Let's not jump any guns. This team is good enough to beat anybody this year, but we need to get Houston next.

Browns (6-3)Ravens (6-4)Steelers (6-4)Bengals (5-3-1)

Team color font?

... if Cleveland in December is as cold as I hope it will be, we can dominate on the ground, I think Luck will struggle in the cold and we will pull out a low scoring victory.

Ignore the "TR factor" at your own peril... B)

Luck will struggle based on what?

The players need to take it one game at a time... I'm a fan, so I do what I want B)

Touche'

It's definitely hard not to have the mindset that we're the better team than hou, atl, buf and could be 9-3 going into December. But let's take it one at a time, beat Houston.

We're also the better team that Jacksonville, but we weren't that week - hopefully the players learned.

Chris, Luck will struggle in the cold like I said, he hasn't proven to be a solid QB in weather as cold and as windy and northern Ohio. Last year when the Colts played at Cinci in December they lost 42-28, when they played at NE in January they lost 43-28.

We seen Hoyer in the cold since high school :-P it's definitely an advantage it's a home game though

Touche'

It's definitely hard not to have the mindset that we're the better team than hou, atl, buf and could be 9-3 going into December. But let's take it one at a time, beat Houston.

We're also the better team that Jacksonville, but we weren't that week - hopefully the players learned.

That's the key. Gotta avoid the trap games. also, Gotta win even when it's ugly.

Chris, Luck will struggle in the cold like I said, he hasn't proven to be a solid QB in weather as cold and as windy and northern Ohio. Last year when the Colts played at Cinci in December they lost 42-28, when they played at NE in January they lost 43-28.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=331208004

Luck was 29/46 for 326 yards and 4TDs. If that's not solid, what is? I'll take it from Hoyer...

Yeah... cause it's not like the Pats and Bengals were any good... :rolleyes:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=331208004

Luck was 29/46 for 326 yards and 4TDs. If that's not solid, what is? I'll take it from Hoyer...

Exactly... not to mention he's beaten KC in KC the past 2 Decembers... went 43/72 for 446, 2 TD 0INT.

He's not unbeatable, certainly. But he's more than a solid QB, he's probably this generation's Brady/Manning, and very much the type of QB for this generation, with his ability to take off and run when the time calls for it.

Archived