THE BROWNS BOARD

Cover of the Rolling Stone?

Tour2ma

Not quite yet, but being the lead into their weekly NFL wrap article is a start...

NFL Winners and Losers: Cleveland Rocks (and Aaron Rodgers Does Too)

By Jason Gallagher | November 10, 2014

Forget about Marshawn Lynch's Beast Mode beat-down of the New York Giants, or Aaron Rodgers' six-touchdown dissection of the Chicago Bears (OK, more on that one in a bit). There's only one story that matters after the Week 10 weekend: The Cleveland Browns are in sole possession of first place in the AFC North!

It's the first time they've been alone atop a division since September 24, 1995, back when Coolio's "Gangsta's Paradise" was the number one song in the country and Se7en was terrifying its way to the top of the box office. The last time the Browns were in this position, Drew Barrymore was flashing David Letterman and Newt Gingrich was named Time's "Person of the Year." Newt Gingrich!

Of course, it didn't end well the Browns finished 5-11 and Art Modell (BOOOOOO!) moved them to Baltimore. Hopefully, things turn out better this time around. So in the interest of not jinxing the poor people of Cleveland, let's just get into this week's Winners and Losers.

Complete article... http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/nfl-winners-and-losers-cleveland-rocks-and-so-does-aaron-rodgers-20141110

Well, we just had to get over the stenches of Art Modell and Randy Lerner in order for this team to reassume its rightful place.

These national media types don't seem to mention those facts when talking about the Browns. I mean, historically the Browns have finished in first place in their history about as much as any other team. I don't know the numbers. I would have to check.

Archived