THE BROWNS BOARD

Santonio Holmes was waived

LogicIsForSquares

Pettine has already said they have no interest in bringing someone back who only contributes on one phase of the game like that, when the Cribbs question was raised. Holmes would fall under the same category, especially with Gordon coming back.

Pettine has already said they have no interest in bringing someone back who only contributes on one phase of the game like that, when the Cribbs question was raised. Holmes would fall under the same category, especially with Gordon coming back.

Agree, I don't see why they don't give Marlon Moore or Taylor Gabriel a shot at PR. Once Gordon comes back, Gabriel becomes what, the #4 receiver? I think we can risk that for the sake of better PR.

Not that I am advocating it, but why do you think Holmes would only be able to contribute on special teams? He is, after all, an accomplished WR. Winning catch in the SB and all that. I don't even remember him much as a PR.

Not that I am advocating it, but why do you think Holmes would only be able to contribute on special teams? He is, after all, an accomplished WR. Winning catch in the SB and all that. I don't even remember him much as a PR.

Well our WRs are doing pretty well, and we're about to get Gordon back. I doubt they disrupt that for Holmes, for several reasons, both performance and personality.

Well our WRs are doing pretty well, and we're about to get Gordon back. I doubt they disrupt that for Holmes, for several reasons, both performance and personality.

Yes, I understand all that. That is why I would not necessarily be in favor of the Browns getting him. But that was not my question. My question is that someone said they thought Holmes would ONLY be a PR......but in his career, with all its ups and downs, he has primarily been a WR. Why would someone think he would not be used at WR IF he were brought here? He would play WR....and maybe return punts.

Yes, I understand all that. That is why I would not necessarily be in favor of the Browns getting him. But that was not my question. My question is that someone said they thought Holmes would ONLY be a PR......but in his career, with all its ups and downs, he has primarily been a WR. Why would someone think he would not be used at WR IF he were brought here? He would play WR....and maybe return punts.

I don't think they would disrupt the WR rotation we have currently for someone like Holmes. With Gordon back, we have a very decent group that doesn't need a disruptive influence like Holmes.

So that would just leave PR/KR, which is not something you 'disrupt' by changing a player, but the regime isn't bringing in someone for that specific role.

When we played the bears in preseason I felt he still had some juice. You guys feel like he can't go? I think he was just out shined by the bears receiving corps which theoretically should be pretty good

Just NO. Happens on this board every time a "name" player gets cut. If you want to call a return average of 5.4 yards on 9 returns this year not wasting a roster spot.

Thats the beauty of finally having a good(deep) team. The grass is no longer greener on the other side.

Sorry, but the Browns are just too good of a team to chase these types of retreads anymore. Let someone else have em.

^ + 1.

Archived