THE BROWNS BOARD

Breaking: BROWNS CUT BEN TATE

WalterWhite

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who would you prefer as the starter going forward Crowell or West ?

If Tate goes to Indy watch him and Richardson both have 100 yard 2 TD's each games ....... when they play us

Objectively, west has gotten worse as the season wore on; seems to have a bad attitude; and has the highest salary. It made sense to cut him, if any.

Not sure this means we see more Winston, I think they were looking to streamline to two backs.

Joe Banner would have gotten a first round pick for him though...

I saw this coming but after the season was over.

At a minimum... there's some trade value there.

Until then double up on his mashed taters and throw him in a FB.

But we were 5-2 with Ben Tate starting at RB.

How many Browns RBs can say they were 5-2 as a starter?

You guys must be furious right?

Do us all a favor and go play in traffic

Opens Gordon's spot... or Daniel's...

Move makes no sense to me whatsoever...

Looks like his mouth was a bigger deal around the locker room afterall, eh T? :P Farmer sending a H U G E message here,

We will never know the whole story, but obviously the relationship deteriorated as the season progressed. Tate felt entitled and was probably made some promises at signing, and the team wanted to see what it had in fresh talent. I am surprised they weren't able to trade him and I think that interview last week was the kiss of death for Ben. Never express your dissatisfaction for the situation in the press, just critique your own performance and the hope that when your number is called again, you can showcase your talent.

Now, from an outsider, I like the "I'm in charge don't question me" attitude by Pettine. But I'm not happy about how this played out, as the team showed more patience/second chances with Crow and Benji than with Tate. I would have preferred that he remain the starting back in a 3-back system until the end of the season, then traded or waived. I mean Crow's fumble killed us last Sunday and this is not his first one.

dammit. I go have breakfast, I come back, see this, and was going to post...

and sure enough, it's on a second page already.

And I think it was Zombo who mentioned I don't post much, at the ratbird tailgate. You guys are

too quick. I mean, I aleady had my bacon and fried spuds finished, and just

did a couple of eggs, and wham. It's too late.

Have you ever watched a football game? Like ever?

He's only here to get attention. He's one of those basement dwelling, catfishing, internet warriors who get off on the havoc they try to cause.... He is no Browns fan, and sooner or later, a twitchy Mod will finally rid us all of him.

5 reasons to cut Ben Tate:

1 - He was the least productive of the 3 good RBs on the roster (YPC: Crow 4.6, West 3.6, Tate 3.1).

2 - He was complaining about PT, thus hurting the team's chemistry

3 - Believe it or not, having 3 RBs who demand carries CAN BE a problem. Too much overthinking who gets to carry and when.

4 - It's past the trade deadline. During the offseason he would bring us nothing in return coming off a year where he lost his starting job to a 3rd rounder and a UDFA.

5 - It opens up a roster spot for Josh Gordon

That must have been enough for Farmer...

"dammit. I go have breakfast, I come back, see this, and was going to post...

and sure enough, it's on a second page already."

It's tough to be first on this board. I swear these guys are constantly typing at their keyboards and can post within 2 seconds after a story comes out.

dammit. I go have breakfast, I come back, see this, and was going to post...

and sure enough, it's on a second page already.

And I think it was Zombo who mentioned I don't post much, at the ratbird tailgate. You guys are

too quick. I mean, I aleady had my bacon and fried spuds finished, and just

did a couple of eggs, and wham. It's too late.

People think you don't post much? People clearly haven't wandered over to the politics forum ;)

"dammit. I go have breakfast, I come back, see this, and was going to post...

and sure enough, it's on a second page already."

It's tough to be first on this board. I swear these guys are constantly typing at their keyboards and can post within 2 seconds after a story comes out.

This news is an hour old though

Looks like his mouth was a bigger deal around the locker room afterall, eh T? :P Farmer sending a H U G E message here,

Apparently, D... just feels like there has to be more than the interview though.

Any message has to be Pettine's as much as Farmer's.

Archived