THE BROWNS BOARD

Colts sign Cribbs

Mudfly

They'll probably sign Ben Tate too since Bradshaw broke his leg. Please explain why they waived him instead of getting something like when we absolutely burned the Colts for Richardson.

They'll probably sign Ben Tate too since Bradshaw broke his leg. Please explain why they waived him instead of getting something like when we absolutely burned the Colts for Richardson.

Trade deadline passed, best for them to cut ties if he's a problem in the locker room and in practice.

Also, I don't know if the colts will ever trade us for another RB again :lol:

So the Steelers cut Lagarrett Blount because he wanted the ball too. He was definitely a cancer. Think about him and Le'Veon Bell driving to Philly and being stopped for Pot. I wonder what took the Steelers so long to figure it out. As for Tate, he will be in the backfield and take over the number one role from Trent Richardson. Since Richardson sucks, Tate will take over and end up playing the Browns. How's that for Karma

Trade deadline passed, best for them to cut ties if he's a problem in the locker room and in practice.

Also, I don't know if the colts will ever trade us for another RB again :lol:

But it would have been too funny if they did it again! ⚡️They definitely need a running back and Tate will be it.

The Browns should have signed Cribbs to return and gun. He coming back to Cleveland would have Jolted the Fanbase to the magnitude of Lebron coming back. He's that special in Cleveland.

Little harsh for the guy who brought almost all excitement the browns had for since their return.

The guy was a great player, role model, and seemed a genuine person. I wish the best for him.

And he averaged 12 yards per punt return for the Jets last year, no fumbles, one fair catch. surely he is still better that what we have back there ... but I understand not getting rid of a young kid for him at this stage.

Greatest special team player in the 58 year history of the Browns. Good luck to ya, Josh.

Zombo

And he averaged 12 yards per punt return for the Jets last year, no fumbles, one fair catch. surely he is still better that what we have back there ... but I understand not getting rid of a young kid for him at this stage.

Greatest special team player in the 58 year history of the Browns. Good luck to ya, Josh.

Zombo

*cough cough* Phil Dawson *cough*

The Browns should have signed Cribbs to return and gun. He coming back to Cleveland would have Jolted the Fanbase to the magnitude of Lebron coming back. He's that special in Cleveland.

Well only if he comes back and plays at a high level. Come on G imagine him coming back eating up a roster spot and doing no better or even worse then the return guy we have now.

WSS

Who would you waive off the team to sign him is the question that hasn't been asked here. With the decimation of the defensive line and Gordon returning all the roster spot had to be focused on that. It's hard to justify with the injuries we've had to keep a roster spot for a guy who can only come out for special teams.

I do hope the guy finds his way back once he retires officially though. He'll always get a free beer and could easily join sports radio shows about the Browns. I'll always respect how much he invested and cared about the city.

*cough cough* Phil Dawson *cough*

Nope. Dawson was among the best kickers in the league for several years, but Cribbs WAS the best special teams player in the league for years.

3× Pro Bowl (2007, 2009, 2012)
2× First-team All-Pro (2007, 2009)
NFL Alumni Special Teams Player of the Year (2009)
Cleveland Browns MVP (2009)
Cleveland's Pro Athlete of the Year (2010)
NFL's All-Time Kickoff Return Touchdown Leader (8) tied with Leon Washington)
NFL 2000s All-Decade Team
Dawson made one Pro Bowl. Cribbs is an All-time great when it comes to special teams play.
Zombo

Difficult to stand out as a kicker where perfection is expected and anything less is cut-worthy, where returning punts and kicks, anything is a positive and it's possible to create huge momentum swings.

Cribbs was also the best gunner in the league, had 23 tackles alone in in 2008.

Zombo

No kicker will ever be able to kick in Cleveland's swirling winds as good as dawson. Let's not forget he was the best in the nfl with kickoffs. His placement was perfect and whenever we needed an onside or some kind of specialty kick dawson was right on the money. I take a 22 yd old Phil Dawson over a 22 year old josh cribbs right now no question. Kick returners are a dime a dozen. The reason we so easily let rid of cribbs was because benjamin was better than him.. Hasn't been the same since tearing the acl tho

No kicker will ever be able to kick in Cleveland's swirling winds as good as dawson. Let's not forget he was the best in the nfl with kickoffs. His placement was perfect and whenever we needed an inside or some kind of specialty kick dawson was right on the money. I take a 22 yd old Phil Dawson over a 22 year old josh cribbs right now no question. Kick returners are a dime a dozen. The reason we so easily let rid of cribbs was because benjamin was better than him.. Hasn't been the same since tearing the acl tho

Cribbs was not a dime a dozen KR, he got injured and he got old. He sacrificed himself for the team. But for a 5 or 6 year window, he was the best the special teamer in the league. That's greatness.

I'll give you Dawson's longevity. He's outstanding. Just not sure he was ever "the best" for 5 or 6 years. They are both Cleveland Browns Hall of Famers in my book.

Zombo

Cribbs was not a dime a dozen KR, he got injured and he got old. He sacrificed himself for the team. But for a 5 or 6 year window, he was the best the special teamer in the league. That's greatness.

I'll give you Dawson's longevity. He's outstanding. Just not sure he was ever "the best" for 5 or 6 years. They are both Cleveland Browns Hall of Famers in my book.

Zombo

I'll just agree to disagree here

I do hope the guy finds his way back once he retires officially though. He'll always get a free beer and could easily join sports radio shows about the Browns. I'll always respect how much he invested and cared about the city.

.....have you heard cribbs speak? He sounds like a Retard with a burnt tongue. Seriously, he makes Trent Richardson sound like Morgan freeman. I'd shoot myself in the dick if I had to listen to that.

Archived