THE BROWNS BOARD

White Shroud Group Terrorizes the Terrorists

Osiris

I did a search and included the names Fox and MSNBC with no hits.

Odd.

I wouldn't be surprised if isis has enemies who are just as unsavory but still I think this is newsworthy.

WSS

Nothing regarding the queen of jordan as I linked to yesterday on fox or MSNBC either. It's as if mainstream media in american doesn't want you to know some things...

There, fixed. :) American mainstream media is not about reporting facts, it is about projecting a narrative that supports a particular agenda.

who knows? Probably because most of the incendiary articles are covered in greater detail by certain news organizations.

The bias of the mainstream media is more subtle. One can count the number of articles about this story or that story look to see how many are favorable neutral or unfavorable and see where it is.

WSS

What is most interesting is the people who have been criticizing Arabs for supposedly not doing enough to fight back against terrorism will now see this kind of thing and call it "propaganda" or otherwise dismiss/discredit it, rather than be supportive of the very actions they said they wanted to see.

Still it's a pretty small story sir.

Even The New York Times mention called it a super secret organization. And just from the name and alternate names they don't exactly sound like a group looking to instill Jeffersonian democracy. I'm glad someone is standing up to Isis but remember there were people standing up to Kadafi who were no better.

WSS

Still it's a pretty small story sir.

Even The New York Times mention called it a super secret organization. And just from the name and alternate names they don't exactly sound like a group looking to instill Jeffersonian democracy. I'm glad someone is standing up to Isis but remember there were people standing up to Kadafi who were no better.

WSS

I would like to see it become a big story that leads to more people like them signing up to fight Isis. As for the name, I'd hesitate to draw conclusions from it. This I think is more telling. Quoted from the story:

"Eighty per cent of the members of White Shroud did not take part in combat before (Islamic State) came. We trained them and they joined White Shroud because of the great oppression they felt after Islamic State took control,"

As for democracy, I think expectations must be tempered. Non-extremist dictators are preferable to religious zealots. Further insights about the group are here (apparently there are many others).

http://www.christianpost.com/news/white-shroud-guerrilla-group-claims-to-kill-100-isis-militants-islamic-state-fighters-hunted-by-syrian-rebels-128184/

• 2 weeks later...

Archived