THE BROWNS BOARD

Joe Thomas lives to be a Brown

Mark O

Would you rather have Peterson or West? Lynch or Crowell?

What do West and Crowell have to do with anything??? It's not like we drafted them instead of Lynch/Peterson....but to answer 'fairly"

I rather spend a single 3rd round pick and have BOTH West and Crowell.....along with Joe Thomas.......period.

What do West and Crowell have to do with anything??? It's not like we drafted them instead of Lynch/Peterson....but to answer 'fairly"

I rather spend a single 3rd round pick and have BOTH West and Crowell.....along with Joe Thomas.......period.

he's trying to get out from under his own stoopidness by throwing the argument on RBs now. a RB whose average life in the nfl is 3 years or a LT, who can last over a decade if you pick the right one (like the browns did).

I remember sitting in my Air Force dorm room in England in between deployments watching the draft and being upset that we drafted Joe Thomas over Brady Quinn....I was an idiot then. Nowadays I still wear my JT jersey around while my two Brady Quinn jerseys sit in the bottom of my drawer next to my Trent Richardson jersey. JT will without a doubt go down as the greatest Brown that I have ever personally watched in person.

well you're not an idiot now. maybe when cbusking grows up and his voice changes he'll change into a man too.

Everyone was upset we took Joe Thomas over Quinn LOL upper

You're kidding, right? I had Joe Thomas in my mock draft at three,and

said again and again that's who the Browns would draft, and I wasn't the only

on who said it...

How do I look foolish?

Rookie Adrian Peterson is much better then old Jamal Lewis. Our RB in JT's rookie year.

And porcelain legs Peterson won how many super bowls?.. sorry.. you lose..

Joe Thomas has been my favorite Browns' player since BEFORE he was drafted. Among other things, I love the fact that he went fishing with his Dad on draft day.

My one regret is that, on Family Day 2 years ago, I met his Aunt & Uncle, took pictures of them with my Grandkids, but no one got a pic of me with them. She was sporting an orange mohawk, a # 73 jersey, & tons of Browns' gear. She also told me then that Joe wants to retire in Cleveland, loves the Fans, & thinks the fishing is better than in Wisconsin. Funny thing is that the Aunt & Uncle were in NYC for the draft while Joe was fishing! That had me laughing my butt off!

Seven years later, NO ONE with any real football knowledge would EVER regret the pick of Joe Thomas. Not only is he the best O lineman in the game, but a high character teammate & citizen. MISFIRED on that pick????? Please Lord, give me 21 MORE "misfires".

Mike

Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch were on the board in that draft, as much as i love JT, we definitely misfired on that pick.

And to think I was going to apologize to you for dissing the importance you placed on Crow's fumble...

HOF? hell, yeah !

I've never been to an induction, but if still above ground, I would seriously consider attending that one...

Please Lord, give me 21 MORE "misfires".

WTF would we do with 22 left tackles?

And to think I was going to apologize to you for dissing the importance you placed on Crow's fumble...

I've never been to an induction, but if still above ground, I would seriously consider attending that one...

WTF would we do with 22 left tackles?

Ok, poke fun at an old man (LOL), but can you imagine 22 guys with his work ethic, durability, & attitude? WOW!

Mike

You guys are crazy.

JT is the best LT in the game. Obviously.

But what exactly has he been protecting?

Branden Weeden?

Chris Ogbonnaya?

All I'm saying is what is a GREAT Oline if we have no one half decent to run behind it?

Nothing

Ohhh so now you flip flop and put it on the QB's... lol.. your warped.

You guys are crazy.

Branden Weeden?

Chris Ogbonnaya?

All I'm saying is what is a GREAT Oline if we have no one half decent to run behind it?

Nothing

I guess l get where you're coming from. At least between JT and Peterson.

Both will go down as one of the best ever at their position, both probably HOF bound.

But you also know what they say about hindsight being 20/20. You also know what they say about Barbara Walters on 20/20.

JT and Peterson are both Barbara Walters.

Give me Ob & another average RB behind a great Oline & I'll kick the shit out of AP, ML & a shitty Oline given equal QB play.

Flashy RBs & WRs don't win Super Bowls, but great O & D lines & great QB play DO! I don't understand how that can be argued.

Mike

You guys are crazy.

Branden Weeden?

Chris Ogbonnaya?

Nothing

Are you being serious? So let me understand your thinking, we draft say "Andrew Luck or

AP" if we have no O line and they get killed, whats the point of having them?

Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch were on the board in that draft, as much as i love JT, we definitely misfired on that pick.

Lynch left? He was traded and JT has so many super bowls too huh Zombo, the truth is Peterson has played behind a line worse then ours and holds rushing records. Would you rather have Peterson or West? Lynch or Crowell?

How do I look foolish?

Rookie Adrian Peterson is much better then old Jamal Lewis. Our RB in JT's rookie year.

You guys are crazy.

Branden Weeden?

Chris Ogbonnaya?

Nothing

Chris Ogonnaya is a QB now? huh....

you sir, have no credibility whatsoever and no leg to stand on.

what a tool.

Ok, poke fun at an old man (LOL), but can you imagine 22 guys with his work ethic, durability, & attitude? WOW!

Poke at every opportunity... and I expect no less in return.

As for 22 Joes... wouldn't be much of a Wednesday practice... would it?

You guys are crazy.

Branden Weeden?

Chris Ogbonnaya?

Nothing

This post is at least one-year late...

No we didn't.

Lynch left? He was traded and JT has so many super bowls too huh Zombo, the truth is Peterson has played behind a line worse then ours and holds rushing records. Would you rather have Peterson or West? Lynch or Crowell?

The best ability- as Teddy Bruschi says is "availability". Peterson isn't. Ooohhhh- rushing records- and no Super Bowls to show for it- even with a qb by the name of Bret Farve. Shit, three of the greatest ever- Jim Brown, Walter Payton, and Barry Sanders have a collective 2 titles between the three of them. My bet is Peterson won't sniff one either- not with Teddy Twatwater at qb, or as long as Aaron Rodgers is playing in Green Bay.

How do I look foolish?

Browns were (correctly) thinking long term. There isn't a GM in the NFL who would trade Joe Thomas for Peterson NOW straight up.

How many snaps has Peterson missed in his career? How much gas does Peterson have left in the tank? You are either trolling or don't understand football and think that there are a bunch of useless guys who run around while the real heros RBs, WRs, and QBs work their magic. You're probably one of those mongoloids who thinks the Browns are Super Bowl bound if they would've drafted the third best WR with the fourth pick

Peterson is probably on a HOF track if he can stay healthy another couple of years. BUT- RB has become a accessory piece the last couple of years. FWIW, of the top five in rushing currently, only Lynch was taken in the first round.

Give me Ob & another average RB behind a great Oline & I'll kick the shit out of AP, ML & a shitty Oline given equal QB play.

Flashy RBs & WRs don't win Super Bowls, but great O & D lines & great QB play DO! I don't understand how that can be argued.

Mike

Yup.

You guys are crazy.

Branden Weeden?

Chris Ogbonnaya?

Nothing

Well, lousy o-lines get franchise quarterbacks killed- like Tim Couch and David Carr for starters. Good RBs like Kevin Mack look like bozos running up their blockers backs because they can't get any push.

Don't blame Joe because the Browns FO drafted bums like Wee-done and Quinn. Or bring in a washed up stiff like Willis McGahee.

Archived