THE BROWNS BOARD

Atlanta HC Smith on calling TO

Sheepdog

Not verified but looking at a Falcons thread, I guess HC Smith said on radio that he called a timeout with 50 seconds left because if he didn't do it then the Browns would have done it.

If this is true then i expect him to be fired in the morning. Probably one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. He should have lied and said that they were having communication issues or something...anything else.

Not verified but looking at a Falcons thread, I guess HC Smith said on radio that he called a timeout with 50 seconds left because if he didn't do it then the Browns would have done it.

If this is true then i expect him to be fired in the morning. Probably one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. He should have lied and said that they were having communication issues or something...anything else.

Pettine made up for it by not using those timeouts at the end of the 1st

Thru fan anger I've no doubt that's what they heard, but what he said was they called their time out to get the play they wanted to get a closer FG attempt as 53 yds was outside the range they set pre-game.

Then he acknowledged that if they had not called the time out that the Browns likely would have.

The unasked follow up should have been, "Well, then why not wait until there's 1 second on the play clock to call your time out."

Smith will likely hear that one tomorrow...

Not the first time he and his staff have mismanaged the clock...

I agree clock management in general sucked. Who in the hell on our team is responsible? Whoever it is needs to get their shit together. Today at then end of the first half we could have easily had one or two more shots at the end zone. This had been an ongoing thing this year.

Archived