THE BROWNS BOARD

The Schedule Game, Round 3

The Gipper

Here is your favorite game show host back for another round of The Schedule Game! :lol:

For this game, your replies do NOT have to be in the form of a question. Remember what the game consists of: deciding who in the AFC North had the more favorable remaining schedule. And HERE are the contestants (insert applause):

The Bengals

@ Tampa Bay 2-9

h Pittsburgh 7-4

@ Cleveland 7-4

h Denver 8-3

@ Pittsburgh 7-4

opponents combined record: 31-24

The Browns

@ Buffalo 6-5

h Colts 7-4

h Bengals 7-3-1

@ Carolina 3-7-1

@ Baltimore 7-4

opponents combined record: 30-23-2

The Ravens

h San Diego 7-4

@ Miami 6-5

h Jacksonville 1-10

@ Houston 5-6

h Cleveland 7-4

opponents combined record: 26-29

The Steelers

h New Orleans 4-7

@ Cincinnati 7-3-1

@ Atlanta 4-7

h Kansas City 7-4

h Cincinnati 7-3-1

opponents combined record: 29-24-2

Browns 7-4; Div: 2-2; Conf: 4-4

@ Buffalo 5-5 W / vs. Indy 6-4 L / vs. Cincinnati 6-3-1 W / @ Carolina 3-7-1 W / @ Baltimore 6-4 L

Projection: 10-6; Div: 3-3; Conf: 6-6

Bengals 7-3-1; Div: 2-1; Conf: 5-3

@ Tampa Bay 2-8 W / vs. Pittsburgh 7-4 L / @ Cleveland 6-4 L / vs. Denver 7-3 L / @ Pittsburgh 7-4 L

Projection: 8-7-1; Div: 2-4; Conf: 5-7

Steelers 7-4; Div: 2-2; Conf: 6-3

vs. New Orleans 4-6 W / @ Cincinnati 6-3-1 W / @ Atlanta 4-6 W / vs. Kansas City 7-3 L / vs. Cincinnati 6-3-1 W

Projection: 11-5; Div: 3-3; Conf: 8-4 <--- Division Champs

Ravens 7-4; Div: 2-3; Conf: 3-4

vs. San Diego 6-4 W / @ Miami 6-4 L / vs. Jacksonville 1-8 W / @ Houston 5-5 L* / vs. Cleveland 6-4 W

* = Upset Special

Other 10-6 candidates in Conference: Miami (6-5); Buffalo (6-5); KC (7-4); SD (7-4)

Going to take a lot more work to suss this out....

So? Campers, how do we tell who wins the game? Let's take a closer look:

A. The easiest schedule a team has to face is The Ravens. Thanks to playing the Jaguars with their 1-10 record (yes we know who that one win was against) They also have 3 of their 5 remaining games at home. Only Pittsburgh has 3 of 5 remaining home game.

The Winner of the Schedule Game round 3 is: The Ravens

B. Who is the runnerup in this round? The Steelers take that cake with their 3 home games. Not only that, but they are the only team here that has 2 games left against the weak NFC South with game left against the Saints and Falcons. Though the Ravens remaining opponents combined record is worse than the Steelers, the Steelers may actually have the easier road.

C. The loser? Probably the Browns. They have 3 road games vs. tough Buffalo and Balt., plus Carolina. But their two home games are tough customers, Cincy and Indy.

Browns 7-4; Div: 2-2; Conf: 4-4

@ Buffalo 5-5 W / vs. Indy 6-4 L / vs. Cincinnati 6-3-1 W / @ Carolina 3-7-1 W / @ Baltimore 6-4 L

Bengals 7-3-1; Div: 2-1; Conf: 5-3

@ Tampa Bay 2-8 W / vs. Pittsburgh 7-4 L / @ Cleveland 6-4 L / vs. Denver 7-3 L / @ Pittsburgh 7-4 L

Projection: 8-7-1; Div: 2-4; Conf: 5-7

Steelers 7-4; Div: 2-2; Conf: 6-3

vs. New Orleans 4-6 W / @ Cincinnati 6-3-1 W / @ Atlanta 4-6 W / vs. Kansas City 7-3 L / vs. Cincinnati 6-3-1 W

Projection: 11-5; Div: 3-3; Conf: 8-4 <--- Division Champs

Ravens 7-4; Div: 2-3; Conf: 3-4

vs. San Diego 6-4 W / @ Miami 6-4 L / vs. Jacksonville 1-8 W / @ Houston 5-5 L* / vs. Cleveland 6-4 W

* = Upset Special

Other 10-6 candidates in Conference: Miami (6-5); Buffalo (6-5); KC (7-4); SD (7-4)

Going to take a lot more work to suss this out....

I did this last night and came up with KC as the WC competitor at 10-6. I have SD/Buff/Mia falling out of contention, based upon their remaining schedule. My final standings(now):

:

Balt 11-5

Pitt 10-6

Clev 10-6

Cinn 9-6-1

And, based upon tie breakers, we would tie KC with Conf sched, but beat them on the next tie breaker...same opponents.

If this plays out, we would play Baltimore(in Balt) and the Stools would play in Indy

I did this last night and came up with KC as the WC competitor at 10-6. I have SD/Buff/Mia falling out of contention, based upon their remaining schedule. My final standings(now):

:

Balt 11-5

Pitt 10-6

Clev 10-6

Cinn 9-6-1

And, based upon tie breakers, we would tie KC with Conf sched, but beat them on the next tie breaker...same opponents.

If this plays out, we would play Baltimore(in Balt) and the Stools would play in Indy

Our Div difference being you have the Ravens beating HOU and PTG dropping one to Cinci?

Oh... Ill add, I have Miami maybe beating Balt for the upset special

As did I, but do not consider it to be an upset. The Fins are very scary as of late. Great D is getting even better and Tannehill is showing signs of busting out in a good way.

Add that going to play in Miami's humid heat after a month in the dry, cold of a western PA winter can sap a team... very dangerous game.

Ravens have the easiest schedule. They could possibly win them all. I hate the Ravens and they shouldn't even be in the AFC North. The Patriots belong to the lousiest division so naturally they always win. THE Browns will have to earn a playoff spot unlike some teams in other divisions such as Atlanta and the Saints.

The Dolphins should beat the Ravens but you never know with Justin Forsett running like an Olympian.

Archived