THE BROWNS BOARD

Fantasy Baseball

Zombo

The BrownsBoard Fantasy Baseball League is now open!

There is a live online draft set for Sat Mar 28 4:00pm EDT

If you haven't played before, it's a lot of fun, I think the best of the fantasy leagues. It's not too time intensive, however we do ask that you at least check in on your team once a week and check your lineup so the league stays balanced. Most of us check our lineups every day or so, it's a pretty active league, trades are actively encouraged and it's just basically a lot of fun, many of us have been playing for years, but we look forward to new blood too.

Yahoo League ID # 37785

Password = Beer

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/37785

Reigning champion Beanpot and former champions KS Hutchins and myself are already signed up, as well as a few of last year's participants.

Browns fans only.

Zombo

How deep to you intend to take the league??

It is currently set for a maximum of 14 teams, and we have seven slots filled. Personally I like 10-12 teams, so maybe we'll cap it off if there isn't a mad rush from the regulars to land a spot.

Zombo

I don't post on here much but Im reading the forums 3 or 4 times a day I hope you don't mind if I signed up. If you run out of spot you can boot me off.

Nope, that's great.

We just don't want Steeler trolls. Lurkers are always welcome!

Zombo

I don't post on here much but Im reading the forums 3 or 4 times a day I hope you don't mind if I signed up. If you run out of spot you can boot me off.

They said they wanted new blood....good by me...I was new last year.

As they said....just give it a honest go for the season by showing up to manage things every now and then rather than never adjust your roster for months, then show up to dump your good players on some team in August.

That won't fly....at least with my vote ;)

It's a good time and a good league

As they said....just give it a honest go for the season by showing up to manage things every now and then rather than never adjust your roster for months, then show up to dump your good players on some team in August.

Hey, don't pick on Mark that way!

And I needed those players. It would have been just EMBARRASSING to finish lower than 6th.

:P

Shoot....that was Mark....I didn't think about that when I was nice to him when I met him in September;)

Hard to be sore at him now, I suppose.

Guess I will have to blame you! :P

That shouldn't be a problem I love fantasy sports. The last few leagues I have been in have been pretty lame with some of my friends for the reasons you mentioned. It usually just came down to the 3 or 4 people who actually logged into their accounts after the draft was done.

I am just messing with you man....Beans and Cimo are pros....KS is slick.......Team Tribe is nothing to sneeze at.....I just hope I can keep up.

You have to watch Juki though....he will try to gyp you.....;)

When I click on the link it says "you are not allowed to view this page because you are not in the league" what do i do to get into it

Go to the yahoo fantasy baseball home page. Under Baseball 09 (Not Baseball PLUS 09) click on "join a league", then click on "join custom" then put in league ID and password from above.

See you there!

I am just messing with you man....Beans and Cimo are pros....KS is slick.......Team Tribe is nothing to sneeze at.....I just hope I can keep up.

Ballpeen, TeamTribe thanks you for the mention but I just try every year to not get my butt kick too bad and not to embarrass myself.

It is a lot of fun though and the other managers are very good and really know what they're doing so be prepared to have your butt handed to you if you don't pay attention (just kidding) but it's all in fun. Show up once and while and pay attention to your team and you'll be fine.

There are 12 teams already that went fast.

Heidi

Sounds like fun, but I probably take it way too seriously and would end up upsetting someone if it isn't a maximum moves league. Seems not everyone likes my style of play, but it's hard to avoid what has proved to work in the past. I usually end up with about 300+ roster moves from picking up pitchers every day. :)

Thanks, Zombo! You're no slouch either. I'm still trying to figure out how I won. It's my favorite trophy.

Archived