THE BROWNS BOARD

Combine Central

Solon16

Looking forward to seing all those guys plus a bunch more was looking forward to crabtree out of curiousity but he wont be running the 40 so my interest wanes some...;)

Also looking to see the rashard Jennings forty!

Want to see rashad Johnson at safety as well.... :)

My interest will be on 2nd and 3rd round defensive players who can play in the 3-4. DE/OLB, ILB and DBs. I also would like to look at some strength and agility drills for Alex Mack or the other centers.

Guest Aloysius

Great link, Solon. Some interesting points:

• Mayock confirms that Everette Brown's #6 on his OLB rankings. Doesn't think that Brown's as quick as Orakpo or Maybin.

• Says that Larry English is very good in the run game for a guy his size. Sounds like he's a Mangini 3-4 OLB.

• Says that he likes Cushing as a 4-3 SOLB (so do I), but some teams are looking at him as a 3-4 ILB.

Great link, Solon. Some interesting points:
  • Mayock confirms that Everette Brown's #6 on his OLB rankings. Doesn't think that Brown's as quick as Orakpo or Maybin.

• Says that Larry English is very good in the run game for a guy his size. Sounds like he's a Mangini 3-4 OLB.

• Says that he likes Cushing as a 4-3 SOLB (so do I), but some teams are looking at him as a 3-4 ILB.

Aloy, top 10 guys of interest???

Guest Aloysius

Here are a few guys I'll be watching for:

• Andre Brown, RB, NC State - if he runs a bad 40, we'll be able to get him in the 4th Round

• Jarron Gilbert, DT-DE, San Jose State - may put up Mario Williams-type numbers

• Larry English, DE-OLB, Northern Illinois - interested in how he does in 3 cone (agility) and LB drills

• Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC - because he's got a lot riding on how he does

• Zack Follett, LB, Cal - hoping he's bulked up since the Senior Bowl, where he weighed 231 lbs.

I truly do not like McShay...at all...but Gilbert may be a super steal in 2nd to replace robaire ....smallish for 3~4 de but has perfect bodytype to grow into role! I'll have a super close eye on the safeties for our 4th and 6th picks...

Also as a caveat to the combine and to my Draft studies..... All my previous choice will change to some degree...haven't done my draft homework and won't start until Mid march :blush:

The only thing with jennings is you'd be really, really reaching to take him in the second round. With no third round pick the Browns won't have a chance to draft him.

I like Jennings too. This is why I hope they trade down or trade Anderson (or both) and get at least one third round pick.

A trade of Anderson and trade down for two third rounders is my dream draft day

I'd love to see a trade down for Tyson Jackson in round 1, The Matthews or Sintim in round two, Jennings in round three,

Right tackle Jason Watkins in round three and ND safety Dave Bruton who is a special teams animal at ND in round 4.

You could help your d-line, your Linebacking, get a bookend tackle opposite of Thomas, A running back and a heck of special teams player and possible Starting FS in the future.

That is my dream draft.

Archived