THE BROWNS BOARD

Ranking every Browns starting QB since the return in 99'

Jake1123

Still only one with a winning record as a Brown... so he's #1 for now.

May he be joined by a 1-0 rookie come Sunday...

Go Browns and welcome to the forum...

Well that's true. So if you had all 5 on the roster at the same age that's your pick?

Age? What does age have to do with anything? And which five? I did not pick 5 as it is not even a worthwhile exercise as a waste of time.

Lists based upon total body of work (which I believe would be lead by Garcia) would differ vastly from play solely as a Brown, IMO.

Go Browns..

Well that's true. So if you had all 5 on the roster at the same age that's your pick?

WSS

If I was picking, knowing what I know now....and all things were equal....good team, rookies, etc.....I'd pick:

1. Couch
  2. Manziel...(taking a chance here, but....upside?....it's there)
  3. Garcia
  4. Dilfer

And that's it....the rest aren't viable starting NFL qb's... to me....

Ranking every Browns starting QB since the return in 99'

http://clesportstalk.net/ranking-the-20-browns-qbs-since-the-return-in-1999/

the top 5 are..

5) Trent Dilfer

4) Kelly Holcumb

3) Brian Hoyer

2) Tim Couch

1) Derek Anderson

there is a where are they now feature too.. SO I ask you all... what is your list?

How about the worst 5?

Ken Dorsey

Doug Pederson

Seneca Wallace

Brady Quinn

Spergon Wynn?

I know, not much difference between the best 5 and the worst 5.

1. Hoyer

2. Garcia

3. Couch

4. Anderson

5. Dilfer

Garcia left and played pretty decent if I remember right, speaks a little to our own incompetence. Anderson was bad but he did have it together for a little while.

Brian #1 IMO, because his good days were really good and he's the only one with a winning record.

age, of course, comes into play since you have your selection of these 5 quarterbacks to start for your team. They can all be 22 at the beginning of their career or 27 or 28, whichever you choose.

(and no, not a 28 year old Tim Couch who had already been beaten to death but a healthy 28 year old Tim or whoever)

It's just a question of which of the five you think you would like to build your team around. No more than that.

WSS

Can we be honest and admit Hoyer had the best record because he had the best team?

Wonder what his record would have been if he played when couch played.

As long as it's all in hindsight anyway, I prefer to think more along the line of what Couch could've been had it been handled right. We should've totally sacrificed 1999, let Detmer or some other guy take the beatings and 2-14, build the roster more through the following offseason, then play Couch starting 2000. Manziel, does - in some part thanks to Hoyer - have the best rookie debut situation of Couch, Frye, Quinn, McCoy and Weeden.

Can we be honest and admit Hoyer had the best record because he had the best team?

Not to mention Chris Palmer as the head coach. None of these guys played on good teams except Hoyer and Anderson

Yea, but if you negate the jaguars game onward then he did pretty good mostly all together :P

Definitely a good team, but when our good team wasn't playing good early in the season he got us lifted off a bit. It turned into the opposite down the stretch so it seems though.

At least he quit (albeit involuntarily) while he was ahead. When it goes down in the history books he's the winningest QB since 99'

Not to mention Chris Palmer as the head coach. None of these guys played on good teams except Hoyer and Anderson

Yeah, Chris, the QB whisperer, really helped Couch didn't he...

Know I've said it before, but when I heard him rave about Couch and then add, "we just have to tweak his delivery." I said, "Oh fuck."

Too bad Palmer never got his hands on Bernie...

Anderson has to be #1 on everyones list. Gosh that is painfull to say, but he is the browns single season all time passing leader. That should count for at least being #1 on this crap list. lol

He is by no means the Browns single season passing leader, not in yards, TDs or practically any stat you can think of. Where are you getting this information?

Subtle difference perhaps, but I would argue "Hoyer was part of the best team..."

Which of his predecessors do you think would have posted the same or better record in 2013?

Couch? Possibly, but unknowable. Wheezy? More knowable, IMO, and also no fucking way...

Those that I think would have a good chance of equaling or bettering Hoyer's team's record? Based solely on their skill level that I saw when they were a Brown:

Garcia, McCoy... pretty much it...

Archived