THE BROWNS BOARD

Heisman Trophy Winner 2014?

Manzier

Today is Heisman Bullshit Trophy day. It should be called the Best Quarterback Trophy, because thats who always wins. Just QB's and the occasional RB.

With only Mariota, Gordon and Cooper up, it will probably go to Mariota.

Im putting my pick in for Amari Cooper. I think he's the best player and could be the best WR in a few years. Even considering the ones that were drafted in 2014. He's the whole package.

Gordon had an amazing season. But every year there is a RB with huge numbers who disappears in the NFL. Against college defenses, it's easy for some backs to put up these kind of numbers. Something about Gordon reminds me of Trent. I dont know why, but he just does. It could be the hair.

Mariota? Yes, he's likely to win, but he's not even a premier prospect in terms of QB's. He's just the best available this year, so his value will be inflated. Heck, there are a lot of people who would say Winston is better. And if Winston is better at QB, then how could Mariota be the best player in all of college at any position?

Just like I say every year, the Heisman is complete bullshit and does not ever go to the best player.

Just the highest profile - most popular player. And preferably one thats a QB.

If Cooper wins, I will take that back -> for a year

nobody ever does anything until you get their job and you realize that that guy had a lot to do and now people are going to say the same thing about you.

Plays out day after day. Something like the Peter Principle. As long as your good, you'll get promoted. Until your average or not good, which is where you'll be exposed. America is run by people 1 step above where they should be. Imagine if everybody took one step back to where they were great. Then?

So, back on topic, one for Mariota and one for Cooper and one for Manziel....

Archived