THE BROWNS BOARD

Terrorist Attack in Sydney, Australia.

WalterWhite

2) It is a graphic with an explosion /flames in the back and absolutely no source or reference. All that is meant to be is fear mongering. No one should trust anything like that. All its serves to do is provide "evidence" for people that just want to hear what they believe.

Maybe if you had a different response when presented with actual verified legitimate data that you still disagree with (well, other than ignoring it)??

Maybe if you had a different response when presented with actual verified legitimate data that you still disagree with (well, other than ignoring it)??

... i must have missed that "actual verified legitimate data" part... Not saying it is for sure incorrect, but nothing in that very scary graphic gave any indication that it was legitimate.

And all your repetitive hahaha scary horseshit responses serve to do is what exactly?

WSS

about as much as 90% of the posts on here. The idea that it is just me is laughable.

I've seen enough "charts and figures" like that over the last few years that have absolutely no evidence to back them up. If people want this to be a real political board, with real debates, posting figures without any references does nothing to add to that conversation

You miss quite a bit.

Re - read my post. Focus on the word "when"

When do I have that response to "actual legitimate verified data"? Are we considering "Mexicans killed this many today" or "Muslims killed this many today" data? Sure, those stories could be true, it doesn't change the fact it is just a fear mongering article. That's what half of these threads are based on.

As far as that figure posted here, it is meaningless without a source. Not saying those numbers are 100% wrong, but they don't support any argument. It is just typical chain email bullshit.

actually most of these outrage based posts are verifiable. Yes, woody, these things happen. I don't know what it legitimate response might be but it would seem legitimacy would be something other than hahaha scary brown people.

I'm not sure there is a good response by the way.

WSS

What?

"yes, that's awful. I hope for the best for the victims and families. And for justice for the criminals. Etc etc"

No shit the stories are awful. That's not why they're being posted here. They're being posted for fear mongering. I refuse to fall into that. Overblown fear mongering wont get me to vote a certain way.

What?

"yes, that's awful. I hope for the best for the victims and families. And for justice for the criminals. Etc etc"

No shit the stories are awful. That's not why they're being posted here. They're being posted for fear mongering. I refuse to fall into that. Overblown fear mongering wont get me to vote a certain way.

Well if I may, some sort of overblown fear mongering relates to the way each of us votes. It's just in these cases you may notice I don't bother to comment. I don't think any comment is worth making. Not the ones about killing the sand people and not the ones about hahaha.

But don't kid yourself we all have our own version of big serious trouble.

WSS

Well if I may, some sort of overblown fear mongering relates to the way each of us votes. It's just in these cases you may notice I don't bother to comment. I don't think any comment is worth making. Not the ones about killing the sand people and not the ones about hahaha.

But don't kid yourself we all have our own version of big serious trouble.

WSS

Well, I generally avoid the "big, serious trouble" or "scary brown people" posts.

We can all have our own versions, sure, but each is based in different amounts of reality and factual evidence as well

When do I have that response to "actual legitimate verified data"? Are we considering "Mexicans killed this many today" or "Muslims killed this many today" data? Sure, those stories could be true, it doesn't change the fact it is just a fear mongering article. That's what half of these threads are based on.

As far as that figure posted here, it is meaningless without a source. Not saying those numbers are 100% wrong, but they don't support any argument. It is just typical chain email bullshit.

For starters, anytime a gun control debate breaks out, you not-so-casually ignore facts you disagree with. Maybe other topics - since this thread was about guns, it jogged my memory.

A read on the UK gun ban and why you need analyze stats.

Archived