THE BROWNS BOARD

Last years Seahawk D proved a great D trumps any QB. Attack them.

SkippinTurtles

Agree and Disagree.

The Colts games was a michrochosim of what's plagued us since the 1990's: NO QB.

That Colts game was the best defensive effort I've ever seen by our team and we still lost.

You have be able to score points.

By the way, Russell Wilson is a 100+ rated QB every year and Marshawn Lynch is a badass. It's not like they are weak offensively.

Agree and Disagree.

The Colts games was a michrochosim of what's plagued us since the 1990's: NO QB.

That Colts game was the best defensive effort I've ever seen by our team and we still lost.

You have be able to score points.

By the way, Russell Wilson is a 100+ rated QB every year and Marshawn Lynch is a badass. It's not like they are weak offensively.

you're right, we had a decent offense til mack went down. after that, the running game was el zilcho. based on the browns playbook for hoyer with his play action, they need a strong running game to make that work. and it was working quite well. no excuse though, if this was a belechick team, he'd find a way to compensate as he always does. don't matter now, we now are back to square 1....hoyer will be gone...and johnny football is really johnny feeble...and with the steelers starting to build something really special...AGAIN....the ravens retooling and improving...and the bengals who i think after last night are the best team in the division, it is not looking good for the ole browns..

Seahawks have a better 3rd string RB than any of our 1st stringers. They also have a real defensive front 7 with no holes to exploit. It's a bad joke that with all the low picks the Browns have had over the years we could not have matched that building effort. We need another $100,000 study to determine what they did vs. what the Browns did with an explicit long term plan to correct past mistakes going forward. If we are also going to keep JF then we need to study what was actually working for him that CAN translate to the pros. Here's a hint-he rarely used the pistol and he rarely used the read option. Too dangerous for a small QB.

If we are also going to keep JF then we need to study what was actually working for him that CAN translate to the pros.

That is a pretty short list.

My main issue is that he cant do what other QB's do. To create a system that caters just to one player is death....especially is he gets hurt.....

Gimme prototype QB play....not studies on how to get my QB to work right

That is a pretty short list.

My main issue is that he cant do what other QB's do. To create a system that caters just to one player is death....especially is he gets hurt.....

Gimme prototype QB play....not studies on how to get my QB to work right

I agree Mudfly. The key words here are "if we retain him". My own thought is that the Browns will not do so. History is on my side for that decision, so they have to maximize the trade now while he still has some value. Running him in the pistol and read option is going to fuck him up big time and then he has no value to anyone.

Yeah, I have no idea what they'll do with him, honestly.....

And, in fairness to what you're saying, I think they're not sure how to use him either.

Just not sure if thats a coaching problem, system problem or Johnny problem.

So, for one player, do you start changing the whole system, coaches, etc????

I don't believe it could have been more disastrous for Manziel than this. He loses out to Hoyer to start the season (which was the right decision) and then when he comes in late in the year the offense gets shut out and they look terrible. The Browns look to start him the last few games of the year to try and evaluate him and he promptly get's hurt the following game and is out for the season. Pettine is being very diplomatic when his evaluation of Manziel is that he shows flashes of an NFL quarterback in practice. I am not a Manziel hater, I wanted him to succeed here but this really has been an awful showing by Heisman winner Manziel. If I had my choice I would want Hoyer starting next year.

Although the first two picks in the draft haven't shown up, Farmer did show he knew talent in later rounds. I do think that we are heading in the right direction and I'm excited for the draft. Pettine seems like a good fit for a club that needs to learn how to win. I'm convinced they will address their needs and act accordingly in the off season. It's going to be a long off season again though.

Seahawks have a better 3rd string RB than any of our 1st stringers. They also have a real defensive front 7 with no holes to exploit. If we are also going to keep JF then we need to study what was actually working for him that CAN translate to the pros. Here's a hint-he rarely used the pistol and he rarely used the read option. Too dangerous for a small QB.

First, who's this "we"? You got an elf in your pocket? ;)

Second, define "rarely". Been a while, but I seem to remember read options run out of the shotgun.

Third, study? We have you. What worked for him? If you called Sumlin, what would he say he did to maximize Johnny's contribution?

I agree Mudfly. The key words here are "if we retain him". My own thought is that the Browns will not do so. History is on my side for that decision, so they have to maximize the trade now while he still has some value. Running him in the pistol and read option is going to fuck him up big time and then he has no value to anyone.

I remember the last guy that proclaimed how history would see his predictions. You are not that guy... hank God...

Archived