THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns 2014 Draft

OldBrownsFan

Hindsight is always 20/20 but at the time of the draft the Browns got good grades on their picks. I would really only fault them on the Manziel pick because they should have known with his lack of size and style of playing college ball it would not translate well into the NFL. How could anyone have known about Justin Gilbert at the time? I believe Pettine and Farmer will do well drafting for the Browns going forward.

*I say they should have known about Manziel but I don't know, I read from lots of the "experts" at the time of the draft who thought he would make an instant impact with the Browns. He had great college football stats, was smart and a quick learner, compared to being a cross between Fran Tarkenton with his roll outs and Jim McMahon with his competitiveness.

Hindsight is always 20/20 but at the time of the draft the Browns got good grades on their picks. I would really only fault them on the Manziel pick because they should have known with his lack of size and style of playing college ball it would not translate well into the NFL. How could anyone have known about Justin Gilbert at the time? I believe Pettine and Farmer will do well drafting for the Browns going forward.

*I say they should have known about Manziel but I don't know, I read from lots of the "experts" at the time of the draft who thought he would make an instant impact with the Browns. He had great college football stats, was smart and a quick learner, compared to being a cross between Fran Tarkenton with his roll outs and Jim McMahon with his competitiveness.

i didn't want johnny feeble....i liked hoyer...building a good team around him would have been a good future...you have to rememeber, he barely had 1 yr experience starting with the browns...he was doing well until mack went down and our running game went to shit..he was also doing well before bonghead got back in the lineup....lazy pos....hoyer will be gone...johnny feeble sucks, maybe shaw is a hidden gem....who knows anymore with this franchise...its been a total disaster since 99...and counting...

Let's face it. We got exactly what we deserve.

It's an eternal search because OF FANS IN CLEVELAND. You think if it wasn't for them idiots screaming for Manziel, they would had done it?

Management were concern about pleasing the fans so they can sell tickets.

One after another. Gordan, Gilbert, Manziel, Ben Tate, etc.

THIS CHIT JUST DOESN'T STOP!

Let's face it. We got exactly what we deserve.

It's an eternal search because OF FANS IN CLEVELAND. You think if it wasn't for them idiots screaming for Manziel, they would had done it?

Management were concern about pleasing the fans so they can sell tickets.

One after another. Gordan, Gilbert, Manziel, Ben Tate, etc.

THIS CHIT JUST DOESN'T STOP!

Any fan base would've been calling for the first round Rookie QB after watching the incumbent starter shit his pants for several weeks.

That Indy game was the last straw. The defense was playing their best game of the season. Hoyer didn't need to set the world on fire, he just needed to be a mediocre, middle of the road game manager and he couldn't even do that.

I totally don't want Johnny now. That is the easy part with what he has shown so far. Just saying at the time of the 2014 draft the Browns got high marks for their picks.

When the Browns drafted Manziel it was just like Groundhog Day drafting Brady Quinn. ESPN was drooling over it. I had a sinking feeling both times.

Regarding Manziel- words are words- I want to see proof. I doubt he'll be traded, but he didn't much impress me again! getting fined for missing a walk through. He should damn well know the rules by now. Do I detect a lack of sincerity?

Still hoping Hoyer returns. Enough for the eternal search of the franchise quarterback. It has gotten us nowhere since 99. Find one who is good enough like Hoyer and build around him.

If Hoyer was "good enough" we wouldn't have lost to Indy when all we needed was average at best. If he could've been "average" we probably don't lose to Jacksonville either.

They should have let him be the starter from the get-go.

That way. he would have failed 3 months ago and we would know he sucks

Now we are going to be stuck next year watching him suck.

IT NEVER ENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They should have let him be the starter from the get-go.

That way. he would have failed 3 months ago and we would know he sucks

Now we are going to be stuck next year watching him suck.

IT NEVER ENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R E L A X

P-R-O-Z-A-C

Fifty years and counting Mik. As the one buzzard said to the other- "patience my ass, I'm gonna kill something."

If Hoyer was "good enough" we wouldn't have lost to Indy when all we needed was average at best. If he could've been "average" we probably don't lose to Jacksonville either.

Hoyer had also proved himself capable in other games. At the start of the season we had finally gotten a decent running game. Later in the season we seemed to have lost it. Any offense in the NFL has to establish a run game, it opens things up with the passing. Hoyer looked good when we were running the ball well. Coincidentally the run game dropped off about the time our all pro center got hurt.

Archived