THE BROWNS BOARD

Why Julius Peppers Will Not End Up in Cleveland

ClevelandFanForLife

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3916583

If Peppers isn't franchised he said he will only accept a trade to 4 teams: the Cowboys and 3 other unnamed teams- 2 of them in the NFC. I am going to guess that the Browns aren't the one AFC team. I always thought that he was a classy guy but this whole thing makes him sound like an asshole. Good riddance.

2 afc teams, 2 nfc teams, one of which is dallas, all 4 running the 3-4? let's wildly speculate.

new england (for sure)

baltimore? pittsburgh? best other AFC candidates, with pitt probably in the lead b/c of SB win

san diego? maybe

miami? probably not

jets? probably not

us? hell no

denver? hell no

kc? hell no

the NFC is quite devoid of 3-4 teams other than dallas:

arizona (plays a hybrid): possible after SB run

san fran? possible if he likes singletary, which most players should

green bay? hell no. recent shift = awful D for at least two years, which is the prime of dude's career

two of the three teams he'd actually want to be shipped to (by my estimation) are in our division, which would suck balls.

it's a good thing he doesn't have any say where he gets shipped, but the panthers won't be able to trade him to a team that he doesn't want to sign with. let's hope new england's new GM jumps at the opportunity to bring this guy aboard.

does he come off as a dick? yes. but the GMs of the four teams that he wants to go to have to feel good. they're in an elite sweepstakes, and the prize is one of the league's best players.

It's funny because it's not up to him where he is traded to.

He certainly is being a cheesedick about it all.

He might....just depends on the contract....and...just stating he won't play for a team is enough to scare them off....would you trade for a guy if he came out and said he wouldn't play for you.......sure, you might be able to win the wizzing contest by saying too bad....but really man, how is that winning anything???

It isn't...thus...the trade won't be made.

Archived