THE BROWNS BOARD

What WE don't deserve!

ahitz3

Fuck you Manziel and FUCK you Gordon. Also, fuck you Gilbert for falling for peer pressure. I don't care what any of you say, but as life long fans (me for 25 years of my 30) and any one else. WE don't deserve DIVAS, WE don't deserve 'I need to do better'. WE dont deserve 'I need to try harder'. I'M SICK of the excuses, the promises, the guarantees. Get some players that aren't about themselves but the FUCKIN TEAM that's been a joke in the NFL since the return.

WE as fans do not deserve the garbage that's been put on the field.

STOP going for homeruns that never play out in the draft.

Get players that never stop LOVING the game for what it is- like Dansby, Whitner, Kruger, Haden, Thomas etc. who will play til the whistles end for the LOVE of the game.

STOP the bullshit now or it will be the fans WHO STOP LOVING this team.

I'm sick of being a fan who spends money coming from central PA of all places to support this team for little money I have.

GIVE me a reason to keep raising my son as a Browns fan that will get made fun of for not being a Steelers or Eagles fan.

I'll see you next year...

I do have some faith that Haslem will do whatever he can do to change the losing culture that's been pervading in Cleveland since the return. I lay a lot of that at the feet of Randy Lerner who did not give a shit about football and just signed the checks. If your owner doesn't care why should anybody? While the cat is away the mice will play. Haslem may have been guilty of rolling the dice on a pick like manziel hoping he would provide instant spark and relevance but I hope he's learned a lesson that that sort of thing rarely works out and he's gonna have to take a different approach. But I DO think he is actively pressuring for a better team and more accountability. The guy doesn't want to be the owner of a losing franchise.

I agree with you 100% OP. It's time pieces of shit like the three stooges are held fucking accountable. I want to see one of them crucified to set an example. I think they all should have to face a panel of fans to hear how much we hate their stupidity. Those cocksuckers need to understand they owe us, WE are the reason they have jobs.

Pettine has got his work cut out for him. I hope you all understand now that this will require a multi year rebuild. Some of us knew this before the season started. I was pleasantly surprised by our early season success. But when one or two key players get hurt you see what the team is made of. Remember a week or so ago when I said this thing needs a major rebuild? Not necessarily a firesale cause we have nice pieces we should get something for....but some things have to be redone. We let Forsett run all over us again today. The front 7 needs to be redone period end of discussion. Whatever it is we run next year, this current group shows no ability nor really any desire to stop the run. It has to gnaw on Pettine that he's got guys that seemingly are alright with giving up approachying 150 yds a game and being dead last in the NFL. That's a joke stat. That's not scheme. Even the worst scheme with guys that have heart....don't give up those numbers. Tough pill to swallow but some of you fanboys need to own up to it. These guys are not warriors.

I agree with you 100% OP. It's time pieces of shit like the three stooges are held fucking accountable. I want to see one of them crucified to set an example. I think they all should have to face a panel of fans to hear how much we hate their stupidity. Those cocksuckers need to understand they owe us, WE are the reason they have jobs.

Agreed. I am not totally bummed out as this was a year where I was 100% excited for every damn game! I can't say that has ever happened before. Was a very enjoyable season till the end. But it is still not good enough.

It was nice not to be tuning out in mid October lol.

Manziel=Mo Gordon=Larry Gilbert=Curly

I don't think a complete rebuild is necessary. Both lines are just a few guys away and have lots of young talent.

We need a big nasty backer who can stop the run and rush the passer, and a true NT and I think the D is pretty well on its way. Let's not forget that there were big changes in this group with Dansby and Whitner replacing two important guys and the new system. I think they were really coming together but then injuries were too much to overcome. I look for big things to happen with this D next year.

Offense is clearly gonna be more of a concern but I really think if we can pick up another quality lineman and add a little competent depth we will be ready to run. The WR corps does look sketchy. If we can keep Cam (after this year he might not be at the premium we all thought he would be at) and find a #1 (or if we're forced to keep smokey and hope he gets his shit together) and bring in some other WR competition I think we'll be ok. I'd really like to see Hawkins be in the slot more as he just doesn't have the size to be a 1 or 2 but think he could be a real problem for teams in the slot. Of course we still need a QB, and I don't even know where to begin with that crapshoot. If it were me I would try to sign Hoyer, get anything we can for JF, keep shaw and draft some guy to put in camp in the 3rd - 5th round.

On thing that has driven me crazy all year long is special teams. You mean to tell me that a professional football team can't find a guy to return punts/kicks on a consistent basis?!?! It was a joke all year . . . Not a funny one either . . . Well kinda funny in a sad way. There's absolutely no excuse for having 5 different guys returning kicks in a season let alone ONE fucking game. Then there was our punt returners who looked like they were out on the field for the first time in their lives. Really . . . We can't find a single guy to field a punt . . . Let alone return one?? I still want to know why Gilbert wasn't given an oppurtunity to return? It's not like we would be risking injury to a shutdown corner. Then there's the kickers which really needs no explanation. Hey Browns, ask Johnny for a snickers . . . You're a pro football team . . . Fucking play special teams like you're not in the pee wees.

Aside from the ever mysterious QB situation, I am as optimistic about this team as I have ever been. I really like Farmer and think he has done a great job. The first round was a little rough, but that may not be all on him. The talent he's brought in through other avenues including the rest of the draft, has been great. I really like how he moves guys in and out of the PS looking for that next diamond in the rough. Pettine I think should get a minimum of 3 more years. No bullshit tolerated and the best players play . . . Exactly how it should be. I think he made some headscratch decisions, but I also think he's learned from them. I wish he was slightly more aggressive in rushing the passer when we have just a slight lead. Shanahan is a big ? His play calling has been pedestrian. I'll give him a pass only because he was installing a new system and the run game completely falling apart after Mack went down and it probably played a role in that.

/ End of season rant . . . Sorry for the long post

I go back and forth whether the front 7 needs a complete rebuild or is just a piece or two away. If I could be a fly on the wall in the coaches meetings I could get a better feel if the players are not getting the job done because they don't understand the system quite well enough or they're just not capable of doing what Pettine and Oneils D is asking of them. I can say with great likelihood that the DL and LB have some personnel issues. Who or why I dunno for sure. But at the beginning of the season Oneil was asking the OLB'ers to hold the high edge, and they did. Middle of the season and onward you start to see them spinning/diving to the inside and you know that's cause Oneil was asking them to shore up the middle defense. Problem is that exposes you big time to the bounce, which is what started to happen. So any good running team is going to expose the edges if they pinch in like that.

Do you guys do a mock draft?

Yes, but members who quote themselves are not invited.

I go back and forth whether the front 7 needs a complete rebuild or is just a piece or two away.

I think it's been more of a health issue. Need more quality of depth in the D-line. An upgrade of starter at ILB pushing a '14 starter down a notch is the depth route there. Maybe that puts me in the one-piece camp.

The worst part of all of this is that the "Real Browns" keep having success in Baltimore. This was a historical NFL franchise that was supported through thick and thin by loyal fans. Modell really screwed the City over and the re-build has been chaotic.

Annual desperation to find a QB. It's epidemic. Neither of these guys is anywhere near 1st pick quality, but that wont stop teams from hoping and praying they are.

Annual desperation to find a QB. It's epidemic. Neither of these guys is anywhere near 1st pick quality, but that wont stop teams from hoping and praying they are.

Any comments on projected Browns picks? These two have 4 different picks.

I like their guess for us picking Peat and Parker, though it's way too early to speculate on that. Personally, I think Peat will be long gone by our first pick and parker will be gone before our second.

But Id take them if available and based upon the little I know now about next years draft class.

Agree with Manzier... the OT/WR mock for us is much more attractive IMO... but it's early. Still a lot of time to overthink this.

Disagree with him, however, on Winston... I just feel like he will "get it" off-field and on-field I think he is well ahead of MM.

I do have some faith that Haslem will do whatever he can do to change the losing culture that's been pervading in Cleveland since the return. I lay a lot of that at the feet of Randy Lerner who did not give a shit about football and just signed the checks. If your owner doesn't care why should anybody? While the cat is away the mice will play. Haslem may have been guilty of rolling the dice on a pick like manziel hoping he would provide instant spark and relevance but I hope he's learned a lesson that that sort of thing rarely works out and he's gonna have to take a different approach. But I DO think he is actively pressuring for a better team and more accountability. The guy doesn't want to be the owner of a losing franchise.

I agree with your assessment.

They're going to debut new uniforms next season (god help us) and they're going to want some flashy players to fill those flashy new uniforms so I fear gordon and manziel will get a lesser punishment than they deserve.

see you can be really funny when you want to be.

Greco and Bito??? Didn't they wrestle in the WWWF in 70's as the Mongols?

Interesting VENOM useless fact: One of the original Mongols of the old WWWF Bolo Mongol later became the terror of the South and Mid-Atlantic The Masked Superstar then eventually AX of Demolition in WWE. He also spent a short time with Andre The Giant and Hulk Hogan as The Machines (AKA The Super Machine).

Archived