THE BROWNS BOARD

Joe Thomas calls teammates "middle school kids"

dawgpound101

Obvious you idiots get bent out of shape too easily.

And to say he played like "complete garbage" because he got a few penalties just shows you're just an idiot.

Actually resorting to calling "idiot" shows who is an idiot... I guess maybe now I am one as well.

This whole chain is idiotic...

Besides, I never resort to name calling.....I only reciprocate......

Joe's a terrible soundbite guy. Look how they had to manufacture this headline...

Actually resorting to calling "idiot" shows who is an idiot... I guess maybe now I am one as well.

Joe's game declined in the last 1/4 of the season... no doubt about it. But he was near flawless 2014's first half and nearly near flawless its third quarter.

I am guessing that there are a lot of teams out there who would be glad to take Joe off our hands. Frankly if we don't get our shit together as a team I hope he does get to go elsewhere. The guy has worked his ass off and deserves a chance at a ring.

That is not a shot at you Tour , in general your assessments of O line play are spot on. I just wonder how much the loss of Mack impacted the play of Joe and the line in general. I think it was a large factor.

I am guessing that there are a lot of teams out there who would be glad to take Joe off our hands. Frankly if we don't get our shit together as a team I hope he does get to go elsewhere. The guy has worked his ass off and deserves a chance at a ring.

That is not a shot at you Tour , in general your assessments of O line play are spot on. I just wonder how much the loss of Mack impacted the play of Joe and the line in general. I think it was a large factor.

Shot? If anything there is a shot... I'll take a dozen.

As for Mack going down...

Hard to finger an impact on Joe other than the mental drain of seeing run after run fail due to missed blocks by our Center.

Ditto-ish for Mitchell, although I think he got somewhat less help from Greco than he otherwise might have in pass protection.

Impacts on Bito and Greco were easiest to see. The smooth ZBS hand-offs they took for granted from Mack were seldom replicated by Mack's replacements.

Really? really? are we really blaming lost games on Joe? how about umm..lets see umm, dropped balls, bad reads, bad throws, no run game after Mack went down (mostly), Gilbert's more wiffs than tips when he was on the field, Gibson being lost (lead the league in picks up to that point), K'waun Williams going down (playing lights out), starting NT's out for a big chunk of the season, four starting Centers, Miles getting hurt, Cameron hurt off and on all year, damn I think you just might be right on this one.

sounds like a typical season for the browns...so whats new....nada....they need to think about replacing austin ...he had a couple good yrs at dallas, but the guy cannot stay on the field..and cameron is probably 1 more concussion away from retirement...i think taylor is also an injury liability...we ain't in as good of shape as it once appeared...oh yeah forgot about we have no receivers except for a couple smurfs who try hard...gordon will probably be gone..bust....gilbert...bust...lil chonnie..bust...do we even have a field goal kicker..we have no kickoff or punt return person...oh, and guess what, WE HAVE NO QB....the cleveland browns, still rebuilding after 16 yrs of bullshit..

Shot? If anything there is a shot... I'll take a dozen.

As for Mack going down...

Hard to finger an impact on Joe other than the mental drain of seeing run after run fail due to missed blocks by our Center.

Ditto-ish for Mitchell, although I think he got somewhat less help from Greco than he otherwise might have in pass protection.

Impacts on Bito and Greco were easiest to see. The smooth ZBS hand-offs they took for granted from Mack were seldom replicated by Mack's replacements.

you could see the running game start to go downhill when we lost to jax...think that was the first game without mack...from there it did not get much better...that is why you cannot blame hoyer for all the issues the offense had...he was best when the running game worked...after that the defenses did not honor our run game and just came after him and with the ol in disarray, he made mistakes...so would many other qb's in his situation...

sounds like a typical season for the browns...so whats new....nada....they need to think about replacing austin ...he had a couple good yrs at dallas, but the guy cannot stay on the field..and cameron is probably 1 more concussion away from retirement...i think taylor is also an injury liability...we ain't in as good of shape as it once appeared...oh yeah forgot about we have no receivers except for a couple smurfs who try hard...gordon will probably be gone..bust....gilbert...bust...lil chonnie..bust...do we even have a field goal kicker..we have no kickoff or punt return person...oh, and guess what, WE HAVE NO QB....the cleveland browns, still rebuilding after 16 yrs of bullshit..

ya Austin should be moved. I liked the idea of him, but then did not impress when I saw the play and was disapointed. Cameron is one or two concussions away from retirement. idk about Taylor yet. But I do like Wynn and Hughes both, could replace either Taylor or Rubin or both as we still have that kid McDaniels? (spelling). as far as WR's go I do like Gabriel and Hawkins. Rob Smith is a big WR but I have not any footage of him yet...Gordon will most likely be gone so we do need to get another big WR to take his place either through the draft or FA. Not sure I am willing to call Gilbert a bust just yet...remember it took Skrine a couple years to get there. And as far as QB goes I hope we bring Hoyer back in some role because there is not much out there in FA or this years draft...unless we get the number one overall pick...which I don't think we will try to do.

cheers from the dawgpound

JT has every right to make these comments. Can you imagine he or other O-lineman giving the half hearted attempt Gordon or Manziel gave? The QB would be flattened.

O-linemen HAVE TO give it their all on the field or else it really shows.

Morons at the other positions have to follow their lead.

Any swipe at Thomas is weak......he could play at 75% and be better than most players.....his accomplishments are staggering really....

8 Pro Bowls has him at #3 all time for Browns(and he'll go again, Im sure)....only Groza and Brown had more(9)...

Pro Bowl EVERY year he's been in the league....only Jim Brown can say that

Has never missed a snap in his entire career....129 straight games.....8000+ consecutive snaps....unheard of(only Jim Brown again)

So....in truth....he's right there with Groza and Jim Brown as one of the top all-time all time Browns greats!.....

I say he's a slam dunk 1st ballot Hall of Fame pick....which is very very exclusive territory....

#Browns LT Joe Thomas: You expect a middle school player to show up on time. Why can’t you expect an NFL player to show up on time?
— Scott Petrak ct (@ScottPetrak) December 29, 2014
enough of this bullshit. It is time to move on to some new teammates
thoughts from the dawgpound

Consummate pros like Thomas can't understand lack of commitment by other players. I don't blame him.

Archived