THE BROWNS BOARD

Time to grow up

Babernakle

I think it's about the extremes that we see daily on this board.......There are folks who are hyperventilating(over reacting?) and there are some who think everything's fine(under reacting?)....dont want to be lumped with either group....

But I do see a lot that bothers me because I think of NFL qb's as executive type professionals who have reached the highest level....its a job that only 20-30 people in the whole world can do....and I think it takes total commitment & extreme effort to achieve this level.....and, yes, sacrifice too (which our guy clearly states he's not gonna do )

And if you aint willing to sacrifice some things and work hard to succeed, then you dont deserve the rewards of the job.....

I made one....JFF's list is very heavy on one side.....

Yep, it bothered the Browns too.....which is what REALLY counts.....

If I got called on vacation about a new employee and his personal issues, I guarantee I would be pissed and it would effect his standing in the company.....

And if it happened over and over.....well, it wouldn't actually.....because he'd be unemployed.....

And that "red flag" thing is what most rational people are pointing to......There are actually "many many" red flags, which is the problem most of us have.....

And there is nothing on the "good side" to balance those red flags.......like some touchdowns or effort or something.....anything......

So...I've answered your questions.....how about you answer mine.....do you have a good list of his contributions to the team???

Contributions? Like what? He played in 1 complete game and didn't look very good at all. Not much worse the rest of the players including the old pros. But still....

I'm saying that if the front office doesn't think he has talent to play in the nfl they should cut him right now and not waste time and energy. If they believe as strongly has some of the experts here on this board what the hell are they waiting for?

WSS

A lot of folks had very long lists of positives...

and then they saw JM play...

and then they heard him explain his play.

Haven't seen a list since.

This is what scares me. Other than one series against the Bills when the game was out of reach I haven't seen a glimpse of anything that makes me believe Manziel has the physical tools to be a successful NFL QB. Now add to that what appears to be a complete lack of mental acuity and I really don't know what anyone in the Browns organization saw that made them think that Manziel was worth the 22nd pick in the draft.

It is past time for JM to grow up. When he couldn't beat Hoyer out as starter that should have gotten his attention he needed to step up his game. He should have known right away he would have to work hard to be a good QB, that it wasn't going to come easy. He had plenty of time as back up to learn the play book and when he started the Bengals game he did not know all the plays and guys on the offense were explaining them to him in the huddle. Compare that with Connor Shaw who had very little time to prepare against the Ravens.

My "Browns news" google page is full of articles today referencing the ESPN.com report with 20 Browns sources trashing JM to one degree or another, on and off the record.

My "Browns news" google page is full of articles today referencing the ESPN.com report with 20 Browns sources trashing JM to one degree or another, on and off the record.

Frustrating Tour. The Browns have been taking some good steps forward and much of it is lost on our drafting of Manziel. I just wish Connor Shaw would get ahold of the State Farm pump you up guys. He really impressed me in the Ravens game but I just don't know if he is big enough and has a strong enough arm. I like his mental attitude and he seems like a smart QB.

Archived