THE BROWNS BOARD

whats your favorite gun to shoot?

Erie Dawg

Although I lean heavily toward the NRA side of the equation - they do go a bit overboard, at times - I never was a gun fan.

Long time ago, I worked with a guy who belonged to a shooting range. One Saturday, we went to the range with several of his Pistols (no rifles) and started shooting at targets. Within 15 minutes, I was bored stiff.

Also years ago, we had 'Trap Shooting' during a 3-day conference in VT so I chose that over options such as Shopping, etc. It didn't help that I couldn't hit a flying object (or even a stationary one, for that matter) but I put down my rifle and watched others for an hour or so.

Nothing against Hunters but it's not my cup of tea.

Fishing is more like it but, at least to date, it's more of a beer drinking event than fish-catching event. More time for that once I start collecting SS in 5 or so years.

I have a few pistols, a shotgun and a rifle. I'm not a fanatic however. I've dealt with weapons professionally since I was 17 and its no big deal to me anymore. My biggest gripe is proper training in handling and safety. CCW seems to take care of that in Ohio.

I have now 4 rifles two pistols and a shotgun. Three of the rifles and the shotgun were actually inherited and as anyone who's been around a while knows I've taken issue with exactly how easy it is to obtain firearms with no sort of measurable test for psychological fitness. But I'd rather deal with a psycho with a gun by having my own gun rather than a brick or a pointy stick. Usually I don't feel very threatened even in shitty areas but as my family and responsibilities grow larger it seems more prudent to deal with the fact that both the guns and the crazies are out there and they keep intersecting.

• 3 weeks later...

browns149 you should get a longer tube and a nice combat light for the 870.

I got the tube now I just need to get the light

post-5619-0-95053400-1425076462_thumb.jpg

So, a few months ago, we stopped in at a gun shop, and I was looking at the

hipoint 9 mm carbine, and a 5.56 ar-15... and asked which one the clerk would buy.

He said the carbine would be economical, and fun to shoot, with the same ammo we have

already...

but he said if it was him, he'd go with the ar-15 5.56, because... if the day comes you really

needed it............ and left it at that.

He also said the 5.56 ammo price could go way high in the near future, because Obamao

may try to get it made illegal. And sure enough, Obamao and Batf are now talking about doing just that.

I'm gonna have to have a talk with my ccw instructor about it. Maybe he'll let me shoot one out back...

The downside is that it only holds ten rounds. I think that's because it's so economical that if it held 30 rounds the democrats would be after it as a evil cop killer of death.

I hear there is some way to mod them to take glock magazines but I don't know how much of an undertaking that would be or if it could end with a non-functioning weapon if botched.

Yes

I'm dying to get ahold of a CMMG mutant (7.62x39 in an AR platform). Leg

You know, the NRA is having a contest to win one of those. It's in an email I got yesterday.

But I never win stuff on those, the chances are asinine....

Archived