THE BROWNS BOARD

oh well

Westside Steve

*UPDATE 11 Feb: We originally termed the results of this untested model a theory, which was incorrect due to the lack of evidence. We've now edited this to hypothesis and model throughout. Apologies for the error, guys.*

Maybe it doesn't directly affect your life, but who knows what we'll learn from this that can be applied in a way that directly affects your life.

It is a very heavy read - one that got me to put the book away less than half way through it. Truth be told, it was way, way, way over my head. I am talking about Stephen Hawking's, "A Brief History of Time".

Without question, he supports the Big Bang Theory and believes many people refuse to accept the Big Bang only because it allows for God to have put this in motion.

Anything to try and rule out the existence of God.

Hawking is a brilliant man. Maybe learnings have taken place since he wrote the book. Maybe, the notion of God is too loathsome for many to accept.

The human mind is too primitive to understand the intricate workings of the universe.

There are forces at work we will never understand.

And I'm fucking tired of smug science celebs like Niel Tyson acting like they have the answers.

1) that's a very defeatist attitude

2) that's not how he acts all. He'd be the first to admit they don't have all of the answers, but they're looking for them

Archived